Author Topic: Connector ID  (Read 1541 times)

Tac Eht Xilef

Connector ID
« on: May 29, 2014, 01:33:22 pm »
Anyone recognise this connector range? It was fairly common in Japanese receivers & transceivers of the 70's & 80's; this particular one is from a Yaesu.

They're 2.5mm metric pitch (i.e. not 0.1" / 2.54mm), and are listed in the Yaesu service manuals as "PI051-xxF" (where xx is the number of pins). Searching around that doesn't bring up a manufacturer or range/series designation, but does throw up a few used in other applications, and used/NOS suppliers with no stock. They're superficially similar to the Molex KK 5051 series, but not quite the same - the locator tabs / keys are on the same side as the slots/holes for the contact latching fingers and offset slightly differently (in line with the side of the end holes rather than the centre), and the location of the holes w.r.t. the long sides is different.

The pictures are of the female connector, but I'm mainly after male board headers/connectors to suit in 4, 5, 8, 12, and 13 pin versions. Ideally I'd like ones that respect the keying of the female plug - if I can't find that, I'll take a matching 2.5mm header with a friction fit or latch. Worst comes to worst, I can use open header pins in 2.5mm pitch.

Any pointers?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 01:35:39 pm by Tac Eht Xilef »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf