Author Topic: ESI SR104 spare parts available  (Read 1409 times)

Offline manganinTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
ESI SR104 spare parts available
« on: June 14, 2022, 04:43:38 pm »

Genuine SR104 parts:

2x handle
8x rubber foot

These could possibly be leftovers from an SR104 oil bath conversion, but that is just a guess. I got them from a military lab a long time ago. Good condition,  considering the age.

For free to good homes. Except the postage of course.

But "send them all to me" doesn't work here, because my goal is to cure as many patients as possible. So post a picture of your crippled SR104 and tell what is missing.

Not for test equipment dealers etc. These are not for sale, please don't offer money to be the first in the line. Active metrology forum members only.

The following users thanked this post: TiN, HighVoltage, TheSteve

Offline ManateeMafia

• Frequent Contributor
Re: ESI SR104 spare parts available
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2022, 05:36:05 pm »
I have two missing the leatherette handle.

I am not greedy and would be happy with one.

The following users thanked this post: TiN, TheSteve

Offline ap

• Frequent Contributor
    • ab-precision
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2022, 11:45:24 am »
Hi,

mine does have an aftermarket (and not well fitting) handle. Also, the feet are pretty hard, not elastic. That makes placing it on the table a little bumpy. So if your feet are elastic, I would be interested in these too, if not then they seem to be designed that way and I would not need them.

So if you want, and if I am not too late, would be nice.
Am in Germany. Am on travel the next few days, so may not be able to respond before Saturday.
I can have it picked up by UPS at your place.
Also, if you have a resistor or so to calibrate, I could do as compensation of your efforts.

Thanks

Adrian
Metrology and test gear and other stuff: www.ab-precision.com

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2022, 03:50:47 pm »

Both handles seem to have found a new home. (Except one pair of those chrome plated end covers, because ManateeMafia already has them.)

And to keep the process transparent: post your needs here, please no private messages.

Also, the feet are pretty hard, not elastic. That makes placing it on the table a little bumpy. So if your feet are elastic, I would be interested in these too, if not then they seem to be designed that way and I would not need them.

Not brittle hard but not soft either. I don't know if they were different at the time of manufacture 50 years ago. Or is it just that the modern materials are so much better.

Offline MiDi

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2022, 07:18:58 pm »
Also, the feet are pretty hard, not elastic. That makes placing it on the table a little bumpy. So if your feet are elastic, I would be interested in these too, if not then they seem to be designed that way and I would not need them.

The feet look like Keystone 728.
They are medium hard/bit elastic, got them for my K236/7/8.

Offline HighVoltage

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2022, 08:43:06 am »

The feet look like Keystone 728.
They are medium hard/bit elastic, got them for my K236/7/8.

These Keystone feet work well on old equipment and they look like they belong on these old units. Also they stick a little to the table and do not slip. I have installed them on several old Keithley instruments.

I have been looking for years for a good used ESI SR104 but either they are far too expensive or in bad shape. And it seems more and more people are looking and that makes the hunt not easier.
There are 3 kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who can not.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2022, 10:12:08 am »

Both handles posted today.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf