Author Topic: XL4005 5A CC, CV step down converter  (Read 5648 times)

Offline upsssTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
XL4005 5A CC, CV step down converter
« on: July 02, 2017, 11:14:32 pm »
Hi, does anyone have any practical experience with this specific XL4005 5A CC, CV step down converter.  https://www.aliexpress.com/item/5A-DC-to-DC-CC-CV-Lithium-Battery-Step-down-Charging-Board-Led-Power-Converter-Lithium/32811197781.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.0.RFa9j5  I believe I have the exact schematic of this converter. 

The step down adjustable part of the converter works fine.  The problem is that once I hit the "CC" setting the output drops to ~300mv.  So it looks like it limits the output current but it doesn't provide CV and CC output and this problem exist at any output voltage and current setting. 

I have used before a similar converter module that used an LM2596 and the CV, CC worked as it should, it provided CV CC at any settings.  I am wondering if this module is defective or for some reason it was designed as such and it is not really a CV, CC regulator. 
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 11:16:27 pm by upsss »

Offline sleemanj

• Super Contributor
  • Professional tightwad.
    • The electronics hobby components I sell.
Re: XL4005 5A CC, CV step down converter
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2017, 01:14:02 am »
The problem is that once I hit the "CC" setting the output drops to ~300mv.

And what is the current being supplied at that point?  Is it your set current?
~~~
EEVBlog Members - get yourself 10% discount off all my electronic components for sale just use the Buy Direct links and use Coupon Code "eevblog" during checkout.  Shipping from New Zealand, international orders welcome :-)

Offline upsssTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Re: XL4005 5A CC, CV step down converter
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2017, 01:57:23 am »
OK, it was my problem, just a pilot error.  I was using a constant current electronic load for my testing.  Once I connect a load like a battery, I was able to maintain CC at any output voltage setting as expected.  Great, now I am going to built a nice little fully adjustable CV CC bench power supply.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf