Author Topic: Whats after RF for communication?  (Read 2660 times)

Offline BeaminTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • If you think my Boobs are big you should see my ba
Whats after RF for communication?
« on: March 07, 2021, 04:30:37 am »
We are lind of hitting the limits with it, 5g and mm waves are attenuated by air , foliage and buildings, there must be some better way.

I think its the neutrino can be sent in three flavors at different speeds, can be sent directly through the earth at nearly the speed of light, much faster then fibers or RF from satellites. Maybe we arent seeing aliens because they used RF in the beginning then after 300 years they switched. Entangled pairs dont seem to work  because you cant send faster then light info through them. 

So whats next? 6g? I hear that gives you not only cancer and corona but also genital warts. gross.
Max characters: 300; characters remaining: 191
Images in your signature must be no greater than 500x25 pixels

Online Alex Eisenhut

• Super Contributor
  • Place text here.
Re: Whats after RF for communication?
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2021, 04:42:39 am »
Gamma ray lasers firing into quantum black holes.
Hoarder of 8-bit Commodore relics and 1960s Tektronix 500-series stuff. Unconventional interior decorator.

Offline MikeK

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2021, 04:49:35 am »
Subspace communication, of course.

The following users thanked this post: tooki

Online coppercone2

• Super Contributor
  • $
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2021, 06:44:00 am »
neutrino comms are in the forever war by joe halden

Offline tggzzz

• Super Contributor
  • Numbers, not adjectives
    • Having fun doing more, with less
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2021, 08:00:08 am »
Don't worry about 6G, but 7G decreases your libido.

For long distance comma, you can consider smoke signals from nuclear explosions.
There are lies, damned lies, statistics - and ADC/DAC specs.
Glider pilot's aphorism: "there is no substitute for span". Retort: "There is a substitute: skill+imagination. But you can buy span".
Having fun doing more, with less

Online coppercone2

• Super Contributor
  • $
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2021, 08:14:39 am »
the likely solution that we will see is more cells and lower power

Offline vk6zgo

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2021, 08:38:59 am »
Message sticks, or maybe smoke signals! ;D

Offline penfold

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2021, 10:57:25 am »
For long distance comma, you can consider smoke signals from nuclear explosions.

You've really got to save those for really important messages, ones for which you're not expecting a reply

The following users thanked this post: tooki

Online Circlotron

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2021, 11:13:14 am »
Two tin cans joined by a superstring.

Offline pardo-bsso

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2021, 11:16:25 pm »
Two tin cans joined by a superstring.

I really miss postal mail, hope it becomes trendy again.

Last letter I received from an Actual Person came several years ago when I registered in radiomuseum.org

Offline BeaminTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • If you think my Boobs are big you should see my ba
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2021, 01:23:09 am »
We are lind of hitting the limits with it, 5g and mm waves are attenuated by air , foliage and buildings, there must be some better way.

That is exactly what you want. You need the signal to travel near, and indoors, to prevent from interference.

A good thing about 5GHz band of WiFi is that it doesn't penetrate walls that well, and that allows high quality, low noise communication in densely populated areas like office buildings and apartments.

I want 900MHz I had a $200 digital cordless phone in the 90's that worked all the way down the street. Pretty novel at the time. I could make a phone call in the woods or at my neighbors house. I killed it by holding it up to one of those neon ball lamps though. 5.8ghz sucks
Max characters: 300; characters remaining: 191
Images in your signature must be no greater than 500x25 pixels

Offline AntiProtonBoy

• Frequent Contributor
  • I think I passed the Voight-Kampff test.
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2021, 01:35:13 am »
neutrino comms are in the forever war by joe halden
I often thought about "what if" scenarios with neutrinos. Tapping into that would be mind blowing in terms of communicating through the globe. Also, even more interesting, neutrinos would allow us to peer deep into planets, or even stars, and build 3D maps of their structure. Neutrinos would be a very valuable science tool.

Offline David Hess

• Super Contributor
  • DavidH
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2021, 03:51:49 am »
I am looking forward to gravitational waves so PoIP (punch over internet protocol) will become reality.

Online coppercone2

• Super Contributor
  • $
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2021, 04:04:10 am »
well I think you would need to make isotopes that have a short half life and let them decay in a form of morse code. it has been done

https://physicsworld.com/a/neutrino-based-communication-is-a-first/

I expect this to be of similar to use as ELF communications to submarines, low bit rate and very expensive for a very long time, I would not see many civilian applications outside of like planetary communications given that you need to make radio active materials. the only modulation you can do is 'are there radio active materials are there no radio active materials'.

I suppose you can move a neutrino generator around on a rail system or something, since it may be possible to triangulate its position and use that as information. maybe a nuclear reactor on a rail car on mars or something if a good detector is made.

https://targets.fnal.gov/NuMI_neutrino_beam.html
https://www.symmetrymagazine.org/article/november-2012/how-to-make-a-neutrino-beam

I did not know you can focus them, I was only aware of antineutrinos that have a random radiation pattern. So it looks easier, so the momentum vector is transferred, it does not shoot off randomly like I thought it did.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2021, 04:16:02 am by coppercone2 »

Offline cdev

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2021, 04:16:15 am »
So much RF that all kinds of digital devices run totally off of RF and never need batteries. Even transmitters and transceivers. You wont be able to 'unplug " them or turn them off.

You will be plugged into the grid 24/7 and your location and heart rate will be known down to around 2 cm.
"What the large print giveth, the small print taketh away."

Online coppercone2

• Super Contributor
  • $
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2021, 04:37:41 am »
So much RF that all kinds of digital devices run totally off of RF and never need batteries. Even transmitters and transceivers. You wont be able to 'unplug " them or turn them off.

You will be plugged into the grid 24/7 and your location and heart rate will be known down to around 2 cm.

that's what privacy laws are for, China and Russia have been doing this feat with office paper for as long as anyone I know can remember. Maybe it was less granular but you also had an official recognized your face, smell and made a mental profile of you whenever you traveled between regions. For a Nazi regime, a sign in sheet at a place of worship was enough to detain you, or someone to say 'yea it kinda looked like that guy'..

this comes to mind

« Last Edit: March 10, 2021, 04:42:50 am by coppercone2 »

Offline cdev

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2021, 04:31:25 pm »
Quantum computing and networking. Based on quantum entanglement. (or "spooky action at a distance")

Is that what you were getting at?

I think its the neutrino can be sent in three flavors at different speeds, can be sent directly through the earth at nearly the speed of light, much faster then fibers or RF from satellites. Maybe we arent seeing aliens because they used RF in the beginning then after 300 years they switched. Entangled pairs dont seem to work  because you cant send faster then light info through them. 

So whats next? 6g? I hear that gives you not only cancer and corona but also genital warts. gross.

Offline tszaboo

• Super Contributor
  • Current job: ATEX product design
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2021, 04:52:59 pm »
Quantum computing and networking. Based on quantum entanglement. (or "spooky action at a distance")

Is that what you were getting at?

Yeah, but quantum entanglement actually doesnt work that way. For communication it is not better than shipping hard drives by DHL.
Neutrinos are extremely unlikely to interact with matter (cause there is just so much space between atoms) so unlikely and inefficient.
Narrow beam or so called point to point RF with beamforming is probably the next step. Satellites already do this. They can track a F18 from a satellite with a laser, having high speed connection to the aircraft.

Offline CatalinaWOW

• Super Contributor
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2021, 04:57:33 pm »
Since what is clogging up 5G is memes and other drivel with low information content, the future will skip the actual data connection and use AI to simulate what the person on the other end of the connection would have said.  No one will notice.

The following users thanked this post: newbrain, asmi, duckduck

Offline cdev

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2021, 07:25:04 pm »
5G is already clogged up?   "obsolete" ?  They need  new new network? Everybody have to buy new phones? Cars? I knew it..

Since what is clogging up 5G is memes and other drivel with low information content, the future will skip the actual data connection and use AI to simulate what the person on the other end of the connection would have said.  No one will notice.

Why not simulate the people, the world as a computer virus..

Online Circlotron

• Super Contributor
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2021, 09:00:13 pm »
Artificial something will be used, but it won’t need to be artificial intelligence. Not by a long shot.

Offline vk6zgo

• Super Contributor
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2021, 01:47:44 am »
Artificial something will be used, but it won’t need to be artificial intelligence. Not by a long shot.

Artificial stupidity?

Offline pardo-bsso

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2021, 12:44:29 pm »

Very apropos of that: http://smbc-comics.com/comic/compress

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf