Author Topic: Telsa remotely disables Auto-Pilot on used car it sold at its own auction ...  (Read 6277 times)

Offline james_s

• Super Contributor
They practically do. Have you not noticed that the bulk of what most makes offer are 2-3 different sizes of very similar looking crossovers? On the bus to and from work I observe a sea of virtually identical looking fake SUVs. Occasionally there is the rare thing that is a bit different, the current fads still mandate an absurdly huge fake grill and ridiculously big wheels on thin tires that give a harsh ride and you blow the tire and bend a rim if you hit a pot hole though so that kills any interest I'd have.

I just hope I can keep finding 80s-90s cars for as long as I need a car, otherwise I'll have to hold my nose and pick up some newer shitbox to have as a daily beater.
Even if it wasn't a hyperbole it seems odd to knock vehicles due to a part that's easy and cheap to change even for non tinkerers.

And which part would that be? It's easy and cheap to change that ridiculous huge fake grill? Maybe you're referring to the rims and tires? Tell me how easy and cheap that is after you hit a pot hole and wreck a $800 factory wheel and need $500 worth of tires because you normally have to replace at least two at a time. Huge wheels and thin tires are probably great on a race track, but I don't drive on a race track, I drive on real world roads that are full of cracks and holes.

That's really just the tip of the iceberg too, every time I have to drive a modern car I find myself cursing at the piss-poor visibility, the lack of tactile controls, features I need buried in menus, hundreds of pounds of gadgets and bloat. A lot of them now even have a ridiculous display that looks like somebody glued an iPad to the middle of the dash. Every one of them has been garbage, and I cannot think of one that is not hideously ugly, even the Teslas look like toys designed for 12 year old boys, at least they're unique though, I'll give them credit for that, althoubj even Tesla has succumbed to the market pressure to build a fake SUV like everyone else.

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
And which part would that be? It's easy and cheap to change that ridiculous huge fake grill? Maybe you're referring to the rims and tires? Tell me how easy and cheap that is after you hit a pot hole and wreck a $800 factory wheel and need $500 worth of tires because you normally have to replace at least two at a time. Huge wheels and thin tires are probably great on a race track, but I don't drive on a race track, I drive on real world roads that are full of cracks and holes.

That's really just the tip of the iceberg too, every time I have to drive a modern car I find myself cursing at the piss-poor visibility, the lack of tactile controls, features I need buried in menus, hundreds of pounds of gadgets and bloat. A lot of them now even have a ridiculous display that looks like somebody glued an iPad to the middle of the dash. Every one of them has been garbage, and I cannot think of one that is not hideously ugly, even the Teslas look like toys designed for 12 year old boys, at least they're unique though, I'll give them credit for that, althoubj even Tesla has succumbed to the market pressure to build a fake SUV like everyone else.
You typically pay extra for the kind of alloy wheels you're talking about but if they come standard you can easily sell them and buy some een replacement steelies for naught or even a tidy profit. It's not exactly rocket science either.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf