Author Topic: Sometimes I love ebay  (Read 2205 times)

Offline PedroDaGr8Topic starter

• Super Contributor
  • A sociable geek chemist
Sometimes I love ebay
« on: July 20, 2013, 05:51:01 am »
I came across a listing for what looked like metal foil resistors which weren't even listed as resistors. They were listed as electronic components 12-pcs 1PE0707A294R00TN. I was able to determine they were from a company called Wilbrecht (which I had never heard of). Seeing the 294R00 in it made me think it is a resistor. Also, having looked at precision resistors previously, I knew that typically the military designated tolerance code of T corresponds to a 0.01% tolerance. I was already buying some other stuff from this guy* so I decided to take a chance. Initial bid was $9 for twelve of them and I was the only bidder. Just received it today, sure enough they are 294R00 0.01% resistors. Researching further I discovered they are a NASA part. The first bunch unfamiliar digits in the part number was a Goddard Designator (dunno what that is) but the A294R00T was the important part. The A means they are +/- 2.5ppm/oC (the best offered in this brand) the T was, as I suspected, 0.01%. So for less than a dollar a piece I got 12 relatively low ohm value high precision resistors, new and in their individually labelled plastic package.

*I ended up getting 25x 630V 0.022uF PP Film caps, 25x weird Wima SMD film caps, 25x R0005 current shunts, 40x 27by27mm heatsinks, 100x gold plated connectors, 77x heatshrink fork crimp connectors, 20x weird dual inductors and the aforementioned resistors.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -George Carlin

Offline Josephine85

• Contributor
Re: Sometimes I love ebay
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2013, 11:44:23 am »
You're right, i found some great stuff there, too!

Offline Stonent

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2013, 08:05:12 pm »
The larger the government, the smaller the citizen.

Offline PedroDaGr8Topic starter

• Super Contributor
  • A sociable geek chemist
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2013, 05:47:46 am »
Goddard Space Flight Center
http://www.nasa.gov/centers/goddard/home/index.html

That makes sense. No clue why I didn't put 2+2 together.  |O
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -George Carlin

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf