Author Topic: Rip arcade machine  (Read 39134 times)

Offline UshiwakaTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Re: Rip arcade machine
« Reply #50 on: June 13, 2017, 12:45:39 am »
The turd's email is dan@whatsinside.it let him know what he really did was not ok and may have given himself and his son lead poisoning.

imma send send him a mail

Edit: How do ya guys think?

If someone wants to add something, please tell me!

Maybe something more polite?

Subject: Regarding your video tearing down an old arcade machine.

Dear Dan:

Hello.

I would like to express my concern regarding your video tearing down an old arcade machine.

I appreciate your intention of creating entertainment through this style of filmmaking, and the success of your YouTube channel certainly reflects this fact. However in some episodes you have committed unnecessary acts of destruction, and potentially have released hazards from the devices you have torn down.

In this particular instance, the arcade machine contained an old CRT that you have made to implode. An imploded old CRT tube can pose multiple acute and chronic hazards to you and your children:

* It contained cadmium in the phosphor. Cadmium is toxic in all forms, and it is carcinogenic. Breaking the CRT releases the cadmium-containing phosphor to the air surrounding it, which is then likely inhaled by you and your crew.
* Similarly, the CRT contained mercury. Mercury is toxic in almost all forms. It can result in chronic bone malformations. Breaking the CRT releases mercury as vapor into the air, which is then inhaled by you and your crew.
* The CRT is likely to be built from leaded glass. While the leaded glass don't release the toxic lead element easily, if not properly processed the lead element can leech out eventually from the glass and be released into the environment. Lead is also a highly toxic element in all forms, especially toxic to children and can result in developmental issues in the long run.
* Imploding CRT creates glass shards, which can slice and pierce human flesh easily. It will be difficult to remove the minuscule glass shards that is buried inside your flesh, but without it being removed it will result in a lot of sharp pains. Lead in the leaded glass can leech out of the glass even faster if embedded in flesh.

Also, for the arcade machine itself, it is likely an item of cultural importance, and often comes under the interest of preservers and collectors. Destruction of such an item goes against the principal of preserving our digital heritage.

As a better replacement of this destructive style of tear down, you can use the technique of reverse engineering to produce non-destructive tear downs. For this style of arcade machines it is often adequate to remove a few screws from the chassis to reveal its internals, and by unplugging electrical connectors and removing fasteners each individual component can be extracted without being damaged. This way you can still reveal the internals of the machine but the machine would not be damaged, no hazardous material would be released, and no cultural heritage would be damaged. If you need further assistance on reverse engineering and tear downs, you can contact the iFixit team, as they are professional repairmen, engineer and technician that routinely produces reverse engineered tear downs of all kinds of electronic gadgets. This will also better teach your son the working principal behind the gadgets being reverse engineered, as part of the STEM skills he can acquire.

Yours Sincerely,

Add links as appropriate to pages from reliable sources, to make this Email look even more convincing. And we may need an aggregate of signatories.

I think I'll send him this mail

(i suck at literature so..... yeah)

Offline amyk

• Super Contributor
« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2017, 12:52:49 am »
I wouldn't mention the EPA, the same EPA that's against leaded solder and is all-too-eager to start banning everything. Imagine if old electronics and such were all banned from sale and "officially disposed of" because they contain "dangerous materials". That would be even worse.

But count me in as another one expressing my disgust --- I didn't even watch the video and I won't, since I saw them cutting a car engine apart recently and they don't deserve any more views. (Many funny comments from equally irate viewers about cutting his son apart on that one though...)

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #52 on: June 13, 2017, 12:59:19 am »
I wouldn't mention the EPA, the same EPA that's against leaded solder and is all-too-eager to start banning everything. Imagine if old electronics and such were all banned from sale and "officially disposed of" because they contain "dangerous materials". That would be even worse.

But count me in as another one expressing my disgust --- I didn't even watch the video and I won't, since I saw them cutting a car engine apart recently and they don't deserve any more views. (Many funny comments from equally irate viewers about cutting his son apart on that one though...)

I almost forgot about that leaded solder problem!

And like I said, I'll use technix's mail.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #53 on: June 13, 2017, 01:00:26 am »
I sent technix's version of this mail

Thanks alot by the way!  :-+  :-+  :-+

The following users thanked this post: xrunner, technix

Offline buck converter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #54 on: June 13, 2017, 01:09:46 am »
thanks for taking the initiative. tell us what he said as soon as he writes back.
Just me and my scope.

Offline technix

• Super Contributor
  • From Shanghai With Love
    • My Untitled Blog
« Reply #55 on: June 13, 2017, 01:17:28 am »
I sent technix's version of this mail

Thanks alot by the way!  :-+  :-+  :-+
You're welcome.

I am not good at literature too, just trying to be diplomatic to him.

Offline P90

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #56 on: June 13, 2017, 01:30:27 am »
In edition to notifying the EPA, child welfare services should be notified.

Offline xrunner

• Super Contributor
  • hp>Agilent>Keysight>???
« Reply #57 on: June 13, 2017, 01:33:03 am »
Good luck with the letter. It'll probably just encourage him to cut up a '67 Z28 or something like that next.  :(
I told my friends I could teach them to be funny, but they all just laughed at me.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #58 on: June 13, 2017, 01:40:32 am »
Good luck with the letter. It'll probably just encourage him to cut up a '67 Z28 or something like that next.  :(

Huh?

Offline stj

• Super Contributor
« Reply #59 on: June 13, 2017, 02:02:34 am »
i doubt he has the money for a classic camaro - that's gonna be 20,000-100,000 in good condition.

just find his address and spread it on arcade collecting forums.
maybe he will get a visit!!  >:D

The following users thanked this post: Ushiwaka

Offline xrunner

• Super Contributor
  • hp>Agilent>Keysight>???
« Reply #60 on: June 13, 2017, 02:20:53 am »

Huh?

Sorry I should have known you might not know what it was. Like stj said it's a classic American car. Prolly right though he wouldn't be able to afford it - thank goodness.  :palm:
I told my friends I could teach them to be funny, but they all just laughed at me.

Offline X

• Regular Contributor
    • This is where you end up when you die...
« Reply #61 on: June 13, 2017, 02:32:31 am »
i doubt he has the money for a classic camaro - that's gonna be 20,000-100,000 in good condition.
If only he sold something of significant value in order to get the money for a classic camaro, such as a classic old-school arcade game machine that is fully intact.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #62 on: June 13, 2017, 03:48:49 am »

cringeworthy.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 04:10:56 am by Ushiwaka »

The following users thanked this post: buck converter

Offline Weedboi6969

« Reply #63 on: June 13, 2017, 05:04:31 am »

Offline technix

• Super Contributor
  • From Shanghai With Love
    • My Untitled Blog
« Reply #64 on: June 13, 2017, 05:43:36 am »

cringeworthy.
My lord.

This channel is making me cringe more and more. Back then they produced a cute collaboration with some Minecraft channel and produced a pair of video What's Inside Minecraft and Building Channel Logo. How this... Ugh.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #65 on: June 13, 2017, 07:29:21 am »
is this the same asshole that stands inline all night to get the first iphone / playstation etc and then sledgehammers it on the sidewalk outside infront of the other customers?

Who knows  :-//

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #66 on: June 13, 2017, 08:05:05 am »
I'm not even gonna watch it...fuck that guy.   :bullshit: :--  :box:  :palm:

I grabbed it a few days back, want me to upload?

Offline stj

• Super Contributor
« Reply #67 on: June 13, 2017, 08:34:03 am »
i'm not watching either, just tell me what game it was!

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #68 on: June 13, 2017, 08:37:47 am »

you are so ignorant

The game is Ms. Pacman

Offline P90

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #69 on: June 13, 2017, 09:53:52 am »

It's best not to watch this guy's videos, it makes my blood boil...

Offline jonovid

• Super Contributor
    • JONOVID
« Reply #70 on: June 13, 2017, 10:10:12 am »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ms._Pac-Man
$1,000 to $2,500  original CRT monitor  original Cabinet art. original Operating Manual.  :(
Mint condition $6.000 + ?   was never used or played from the day of manufacture.
Manual pdf arcade museum
https://www.arcade-museum.com/manuals-videogames/M/MsPac-Man.pdf
Hobbyist with a basic knowledge of electronics

Offline Kjelt

• Super Contributor
« Reply #71 on: June 13, 2017, 10:44:22 am »
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ms._Pac-Man
$1,000 to $2,500  original CRT monitor  original Cabinet art. original Operating Manual.  :(
Mint condition $6.000 + ?   was never used or played from the day of manufacture.
Manual pdf arcade museum
https://www.arcade-museum.com/manuals-videogames/M/MsPac-Man.pdf
Thanks, at least it was not the original artwork on the cabinet, pfeeew

Offline stj

• Super Contributor
« Reply #72 on: June 13, 2017, 12:59:31 pm »
or a gang of immigrants!
maybe MS13 are arcade fans!!

Offline MarkS

• Supporter
« Reply #73 on: June 13, 2017, 01:35:33 pm »
The turd's email is dan@whatsinside.it let him know what he really did was not ok and may have given himself and his son lead poisoning.

imma send send him a mail

Edit: How do ya guys think?

If someone wants to add something, please tell me!

All I have to add is that he and his son are not going to get lead or mercury poisioning or cancer from breaking open one CRT. I broke open several in my youth before I understood the risks of CRTs. He has a greater chance of being injured by a piece of flying glass.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #74 on: June 13, 2017, 02:21:31 pm »

If he use mojis then, I'll use mojis!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf