Author Topic: Qualcomm to buy NXP for $38 billion in largest chip deal  (Read 10210 times)

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
Re: Qualcomm to buy NXP for $38 billion in largest chip deal
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2018, 10:22:25 am »
I feel relieved though. NXP makes a lot of automotive devices with long term availability. Qualcomm OTOH seems more interested in consumer stuff which dissapears quickly. I don't see how two companies that operate in such different markets could merge succesfully anyway.
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

The following users thanked this post: bitwelder, blueskull, tooki

Offline Kjelt

• Super Contributor
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2018, 12:30:34 pm »
I thought Qualcomm wanted to buy NXP to diversify more and be less dependent on theor patent portfolio for revenues.
But the answer probably is that you can't merge those different strategies, you can let them run parallel though.

Offline Kjelt

• Super Contributor
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2018, 08:34:32 am »
And another last episode to this ongoing soap story: almost a year to late, China now agrees to a takeover of NXP from Qualcomm.
But I do not think any of the two companies is interested anymore. Unbelievable.

Offline OwO

• Super Contributor
  • RF Engineer.
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2018, 12:39:23 pm »
Qualcomm is concentrated evil so I'm glad this deal fell through. We need more governments to exercise their wrath over mega corporations and promote competition.
Email: OwOwOwOwO123@outlook.com

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2018, 05:44:50 pm »
And another last episode to this ongoing soap story: almost a year to late, China now agrees to a takeover of NXP from Qualcomm.
But I do not think any of the two companies is interested anymore. Unbelievable.
It was only Trump farting in the wind while being oblivious to the facts as usual. Qualcomm has already spend the money on buying their shares back. Ofcourse the Chinese president is very pleased he could make Trump happy with something worthless -again-.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2018, 05:46:41 pm by nctnico »
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Offline Wan Huang Luo

• Regular Contributor
  • 顽谎骆 from the Shenzhen Market
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2018, 05:56:37 pm »
Qualcomm is concentrated evil so I'm glad this deal fell through. We need more governments to exercise their wrath over mega corporations and promote competition.
Qualcomm sucks!  :--

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf