Author Topic: New Member, Please introduce yourself  (Read 1485815 times)

Offline Fireforge

Re: New Member, Please introduce yourself
« Reply #825 on: December 18, 2012, 04:16:02 am »
Hi, my name is David Salter. I recently got a BS in Electrical and Computer Engineering, currently looking for an entry-level engineering job. I'm from the east coast of the U.S.

I've been following Dave's videos for a while and now that I'm out of college I want to set up my own lab and start doing electronics at home.

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #826 on: December 18, 2012, 04:32:32 am »
TerraHertz He is the end product of the poor education system....... I doubt it would help even if you hit him with a clue by four all day long.

Offline rbid

« Reply #827 on: December 22, 2012, 12:51:41 pm »
Hello,

My name is Ricky Marek, also known as Rbid here in the forum.

I'm an Embedded Software engineer that is returning to electronics almost after few decades.. therefore be kind with my questions.

I was born in Tarija, Bolivia and now I reside in the Galilee.

Happy Holidays to all and a prosperous EEVBlog year.

--- Ricky Marek
Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving..

Offline TMM

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #828 on: December 22, 2012, 02:49:02 pm »
Hey guys/gals,

I'm Tim from Melbourne, Software Development graduate and ECSE student :-+

Mostly interested in Atmel AVR and audio related projects :)

Offline chris_wang87

• Contributor
« Reply #829 on: December 23, 2012, 01:59:12 am »
Hello, everyone. My name is Chris from University of Southampton in UK. My project is on graphene production, but I am interested in electronics stuff, especially on mobile phones.  :D Actually, I know nothing about electronics. :palm: I want to learn from the basic part and try to make a mobile phone or at least something that would make a phone call later on.  ;D  |O

Offline MasterBuilder

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #830 on: December 23, 2012, 10:51:21 pm »
Hi, My name is Mike. Im an electrical engineer working in machine building in Cork, Ireland.

Offline RoboKaren

« Reply #831 on: December 24, 2012, 06:36:47 am »
Hi -

I'm Karen from New Haven CT. My day job is teaching a non-EE subject, but by night I take things apart, put them back together again in new configurations, and have them occasionally blow up on me. :-) 

Nice to meet y'all.  :scared:

Karen

Offline RogerS

« Reply #832 on: December 24, 2012, 09:39:51 pm »
Hello,
My name is Roger, I am a BSEET with experience in Repair of Shipboard Radar and communications systems, Aerospace design development and ASIC manufacturing Automated electronic test engineering. I'm new here. I just recently discovered the EEV blog and have fun watching Dave and his zealous unscripted presentation style.
84/2 = 42, the answer to life the universe and everything...Douglas Adams "The Hitchhiker's Guide"

Offline RamboJj

• Contributor
  • EE/biomed Student
    • FloridaStreetScene
« Reply #833 on: December 25, 2012, 05:34:07 am »
I've been visiting site for a while now and finally decided to register... I've also been watching the EEVBlog videos that Dave has been doing for some time now.

I'm an EE student right now about to get into the main parts of the degree path here shortly and in the mean time I've doing lots of crazy reading trying to get some better knowledge as to what's going in what I am going to be getting into.

I tend to make a lot of LED related items for both my motorcycles and friends bikes as well and I like to make my own PWMs for them as well as make flasher units to strobe the brakes on activation as well. but ultimately I will be getting into the biomed engineering with my masters and a BS in EE. So yeah, a little bit of an odd area that not many are doing but it's what I like.
Extech EX330, X-Tronic 6040 rework/soldering station and a hole bunch of other junk...
-Jeff personal site / blog JjP

Offline Tony.

« Reply #834 on: December 25, 2012, 09:17:40 am »
Hi from California!

Dave I've always been a fan of the Video blogs. Best channel on YouTube.
I'm and EE major at SDSU. First semester of Circuit Analysis and Logic Design went very well.
I'm 23 and have been tinkering for years with everything from Tesla Coils to high powered lasers to Arduino stuff. 

This forum seems to be one of the more active EE Enthusiasts boards I've seen. So I gotta join in on the fun.

-Tony
-Tony

Offline einsvanian

« Reply #835 on: December 26, 2012, 10:41:26 pm »
Hi, my name is Paul, just dabbling in electrical and electronic applications for the hell of it. I have avionics training and have experience in working with electrical circuits while installing above and underground water tanks to include the pressurized plumbing and circuitry for residential homes. I currently work with solar panel systems and radio communication systems in remote locations at my current job.

Offline ashwobla

« Reply #836 on: December 27, 2012, 07:38:11 am »
I'm ashwobla from Beverley, East Yorks, England. I was raised by a Meccano-mad dad with a thirst for electro-mechanical stuff, and I qualified in electronics at Hull college in 1981. I took up computer programming after college (my first job was at British Aerospace at the dawn of PCs) but always loved tinkering. I have since worked at Comet UK, Mars Electronics, and in various corporate contract positions. I am now 50 and want to blow the cobwebs off my old Weller (which Dave says is a load if wank, so I shall bin it and buy anew).

PS my latest encounter with electronics was on contract at an Oxfordshire company which designed and built road traffic monitoring hardware, where I was the sole programmer on a handheld Compaq iPaq based data collection front-end, and also developed some ANPR apps.

PPS my greatest claim to Internet fame is my shareware app Snapper, which took and visually compared snapshots of drives/directories. Version 3 was adopted by AT&T, Bosch, Mars, J&J, Wendy's, etc, made quite a few quid for me, but is no longer available except to say there are a few clones out there still!!
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 07:59:42 am by ashwobla »

Offline Wrongway

• Contributor
« Reply #837 on: December 27, 2012, 06:40:04 pm »
Hi,  I am Rob and like in the North West UK.  I stumbled upon this forum/community whilst Googling for some soldering iron recommendations.  I will be posting a query there next.  I have been involved in electronics since the 1970's when I was apprenticed as an electronics engineer and stayed in similar professions all my working life.  It marries well with other interests like radio control modelling etc.  Presently having fun playing around with Arduino projects and RaspberryPi.

Offline svofski

• Regular Contributor
    • svo's interactive persuasion vehicle
« Reply #838 on: December 27, 2012, 09:56:52 pm »
I'm an electronics hobbyist from St.Petersburg, Russia. My projects tend to be impractical and I like slightly offbeat stuff like nixie displays, CRT tubes, old displays, old computers and so on. Usually my projects would have some kind of AVR inside, sometimes an Altera FPGA, but lately I tried LPC21xx, PIC32 and now I'm building a project with an LPC1769 and I'm liking it. I usually make my PCBs myself. I speak Russian, English and Spanish.
The dark boxes are coming

Offline salluhassan

« Reply #839 on: December 28, 2012, 04:46:28 pm »
i am arslan , sallu as my nickname , student of computer science at National University of Computer and Emerging Sciences, but how to mention far-away west asian country of mine . Well i am from Pakistan . Just saw your energetic explaination of fake apple usb charger at Youtube when you were very much offended by creepy distance between circuit conducting lines. From that moment of time and till now i have been continuosly watching and downloading eevblog videos in to my notebook.

Offline Russell

« Reply #840 on: December 28, 2012, 08:56:21 pm »
HI, My Name is Russell and I am from south africa, I specialize in Mercedes Benz electrical/Electronics repairs.
I am a great Fan of Dave's show.

and here to learn and share.

Regards
Russell

Offline ilium007

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #841 on: December 29, 2012, 12:54:46 am »
Hi - my name is Brant and I am from Brisbane, Australia. I have started an electrinics engineering degree but life committments got in the way. I am an avid electroncis hobbyist and have a passion for learning.

Offline edm68

« Reply #842 on: December 29, 2012, 07:33:35 am »
Hello, my name is Ed and I've been interested in electronics for about 10 years. On and off depending on my work schedule. I've been reading the forum for about a year or so. Very informative. I'm just a hobbyist so I doubt that I will add much but I will try.

Offline Mike_H

« Reply #843 on: December 29, 2012, 07:01:27 pm »
Hi All,
My name is Mike and I am from Paris, Ontario Canada. I'm a fat old guy! My original training was as an electronic tech 35 years ago. I now work with PLC s.
I have decided to get back into electronics as a hobby, and have been watching Dave's videos for a while to help be outfit my bench.

I'm more of a lurker than a poster, but will ask many questions!

Mike

Offline (In)Sanity

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #844 on: December 30, 2012, 06:27:22 am »
The name is Jeff,  I've been working with electronics for about 25 years now as a hobby.  My main field is software engineering/ programming.   I have a couple scopes,  many multimeter's including a 3457a,  Fluke 8050,  Few B&K's ,  B&K 879B after Dave's review.   Hot air rework station,  etc etc.   Typical electronics lab setup.   My main focus is on RF and micro controllers not necessarily together,  PIC's being my choice of flavors.   I'm big on power supply designs as well,  switch mode and linear.   I rarely use anything I design it's mainly about learning for me.   I did design and use a PIC based 5 input slope compensated solar hot water controller for several years until the whole system was replaced.   LCD readout and such with proper safety control and watchdogs.  Was based on a PIC 1320.   I've done 1000V supplies to M&M counters.   

Just kind of a quick blurb.

Jeff

Offline Stonent

• Super Contributor
« Reply #845 on: December 31, 2012, 05:41:39 pm »
I'm Jason aka JasonthePCMD on youtube.  I have a small channel here:
https://www.youtube.com/user/JasonthePCMD
http://jasonthepcmd.blogspot.com

I got inspired to do my channel from EricTheCarGuy and RealFixesRealFast (car repair) but mine focuses on computer repair.

If you're interested, have a look and a subscribe.  I don't have a real video camera so all my videos are shot from the various Android phones I've had, but my current phone does 1080p@30fps so quality is getting better.

I used to do more videos because my desk was in the basement of the company I worked for and I frequently worked late.  My new employer does not allow the usage of any recording devices in their facility except for explicit company business. So I have less that I can film now. I do occasionally do short videos of car repairs that I've done (mostly troubleshooting an OBDII code and how I fixed it)

Anyway I did post an intro on a separate thread not catching this one.

Right now I work in IT at a vehicle assembly plant supporting plant operations and such. Previously I worked in IT in various support roles at a Pharmaceutical company, originally supporting their corporate division, but then went to sales support, and later Research and Development support.

Probably one of the coolest jobs I had was working as a contractor for the American division of the Canadian division of an Australian company called Adacel Systems which built Air Traffic Control training systems. I was a test and assembly technician and got to go to a few military bases to install these systems.

That was a fun job.

Electronics wise, I grew up on the Radio Shack (elenco) 50 in 1, 60 in 1, and 200 in 1 kits, but got my first computer later and ended up focusing on that side.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 11:19:26 pm by Stonent »
The larger the government, the smaller the citizen.

Offline nzCdog

• Corey
« Reply #846 on: December 31, 2012, 09:56:07 pm »
Hi.. I'm Corey from CHCH NZ
Hobbyist turned technician... well hoping to get my first job this year after a years study at a technical institute.  I love learning :D

Offline kurnia putra

« Reply #847 on: January 03, 2013, 11:00:01 am »
Hi Everyone, My name is Kurnia Putra from Indonesia, I am an Amateur Radio with the call sign YCOKPN.
For time being I live with my family in Jakarta the capital city of Indonesia.
I am working in an Advertising Agency and one of my hobby is making experiment  good Antennas especially in VHF.

I have several antenna Analyzers such as RIG EXPERT AA-230 PRO, MFJ 259B, AIM 4170C,  VNA 2180.

I am not a technician but I always learn how to improve my knowledge in Technique Radio. :phew:

Thank you and '73

« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 11:16:48 am by kurnia putra »

Offline djlorenz

• Contributor
« Reply #848 on: January 03, 2013, 06:59:14 pm »
Hi everybody!

I'm Lorenzo from ITALY,
im 24yo and i'm studying electronic engineering + i work for siemens in the fieldbus world + i work in club for light j + i have a little service of lasershow and lighting

i really liked your videos and i registered to this forum, hope to find good stuff here...

time is really low, but i like to experiment, and maybe in the future make some good project...

cheers!
Lorenzo

Offline ChrisGreece52

• Frequent Contributor
  • Electronics Engineer - Hacker - Nerd
« Reply #849 on: January 03, 2013, 11:02:31 pm »
Hey I am Chris i live in Greece and i am a High School student.Greek is my native language so sorry for any trouble that occurs due to lack of inteception.I am involved in basic electronics(i love soldering , experimenting on breadboards ICs (especialy 555 timer chip i love that chip) , building circuits and stuff). My ideal studies would be on electronics engineering because i love creating project or experimenting with ones i find online.
THANNK AND I HOPE I AM WELCOME !!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf