Author Topic: New Member, Please introduce yourself  (Read 1497637 times)

Offline wigman27

• Regular Contributor
    • Wiggins Wonderful Websites
Re: New Member, Please introduce yourself
« Reply #1100 on: June 04, 2013, 02:22:06 am »
Sorry, put this in the wrong spot initially.. Brain fart..

Hi!

As the subject says, I just wanted to say G'day, I'm Lee from Lithgow NSW. I have had an interest in electronics for a long time, sort of stemmed from my Dad really. I have almost finished my Advanced Diploma of Electrical Engineering and currently work designing high voltage overhead and underground power lines. Love it!.

I look forward to talking to a lot of you, probably asking a lot but hopefully helping where I can.

Talk soon I'm sure!

Lee
Need a website designed? Check out my Australian based web development business www.wigweb.com.au for affordable fixed price packages

Offline manticore00

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1101 on: June 04, 2013, 03:51:31 pm »
Hi all, my name is Will. I've been a long term lurker and thought it was about time I finally signed up for an account. I'm an IT systems and software engineer by trade and I can thank Dave and this forum for getting me interested in EE about a year and a half ago. I recently started playing around with microcontrollers and began playing with the Atmel xplained xmega-a3bu dev board this past weekend. (Btw if anyone else had as much trouble as I did getting Atmel Studio 6.1 to work with TFS I found this plug-in that fixes everything: http://visualstudiogallery.msdn.microsoft.com/bce06506-be38-47a1-9f29-d3937d3d88d6)

Regards,
Will
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

Offline Legit-Design

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1102 on: June 06, 2013, 03:28:27 pm »
Just wanted to introduce myself. Been watching eevblog for a very long time. Also writing on this forum makes me a contributing viewer of the blog.

Offline carbon dude oxide

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1103 on: June 06, 2013, 10:32:13 pm »
hello, i am an electronics hobbyist in the UK who is going to be doing an apprenticeship in electronics later this year. All that i know has been self taught as no schools in my area do electronics :(

the eevblog videos and forum have been a great help in increasing my knowledge in electronics and i always look forward to the next blog video :D

the forum has helped me alot in solving some design problems or just helping me to start a new project.

-----
Everything Should Be Made as Simple as Possible, But Not Simpler
-----

Offline bambam

• Contributor
« Reply #1104 on: June 09, 2013, 03:47:22 pm »
Hi all

A very keen hobbyist here from the uk. Really enjoying the blog and hoping, one day to be able to contribute.
pass me another i broke this one

Offline vlelet1969

« Reply #1105 on: June 12, 2013, 03:54:09 am »
I almost forgot to introduce myself because of the interesting topics I've been reading on this forum. I am glad to join this forum and learn from the wealth of knowledge shared by the members.

Offline Ahseyo

« Reply #1106 on: June 13, 2013, 06:33:06 pm »
Hi all I'm 18 years old and tomorrow actually, getting my electronics degrees and certificates and graduate! :D I've been studying electronics for about 3 years now in a school and going to start work soon. I love electronics and am a typical geek who likes anything techy.
Besides my electronics interests lies philosophy, music and programming.

Offline Fezder

• Regular Contributor
  • Lean on, or was it learn on?
« Reply #1107 on: June 13, 2013, 06:44:40 pm »
Hi all I'm 18 years old and tomorrow actually, getting my electronics degrees and certificates and graduate! :D I've been studying electronics for about 3 years now in a school and going to start work soon. I love electronics and am a typical geek who likes anything techy.
Besides my electronics interests lies philosophy, music and programming.

grats on gradu mate! mine gradu is yet coming, 2 in 2 years...so close ;) and, welcome, if my word presses anything, pretty new myself too :D...
Both analog/digital hobbyist, reparing stuff from time to time

Offline sophia2013

« Reply #1108 on: June 14, 2013, 05:34:58 am »
hello everyone

I'm sophia,a math student  from  USA,Electronics is one of my hobbies.
Spammy link removed by moderator

Offline 807

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1109 on: June 15, 2013, 09:56:51 am »
Hi. I've been into electronics as a hobby & job for over 40 years, hence the ancient user name & avatar!  ;)

Joined this forum after watching the excellent review of the ATTEN 858D+ on the EEVblog by Dave Jones.

Offline marabut

• Contributor
« Reply #1110 on: June 15, 2013, 02:30:48 pm »
Hi all,

I'm an electronics hobbyist from Poland. I've found this forum when searching for information about old piece of equipment I've been trying to fix.
Reading some threads helped me much. Maybe one day I will be able return the favor.   

Offline Gigawatt

• No personal stuff
« Reply #1111 on: June 16, 2013, 02:32:33 pm »
Hi, Crusty old spark from the UK. Like the taredowns, fundermentals, and blowing shit up
Industrial spark from the UK, Working on LV 110v to 660v AC mostly. LV and electronics within panels & machines

Offline calmtron

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1112 on: June 16, 2013, 09:09:52 pm »
G'day everyone,

Swedish 30-something electronics hobbyist aiming for an EE degree eventually, currently working as a software developer.
Been passionate about electronics since watching the electrician wire up my parents house at age one  :)

Has an apartment filled with waaaay to many components and gear. Loves to tear down and rebuild old equipment.

Offline gramlord

« Reply #1113 on: June 17, 2013, 12:42:48 pm »
Hi everybody,

I'm a long time software guy from Sydney who's recently looked at whats on the other side of the bits and bytes. Black magic. That's what's there. Black magic.

So I started learning this electronics stuff. And it's hard going. It's like a circle of knowledge where you need to go around a couple of times, each time seeing something you didn't notice the other times around.

For a while there I yearned for the safety, security and warmth of a simple bunch'o'bit. Bits are easy to understand. Bits are, or they aren't. Their simplicity is infectious.

But the real world calls. Not by the raising of a simple flag but by the passing of a quiet murmur and the stampede of a heard of buffalo.

Cheers,
"Sometimes it's tougher to look than to leap" - The Stranglers

Offline Aeon

• Contributor
« Reply #1114 on: June 17, 2013, 06:30:45 pm »
Hello fellow electronic fanatics ;D

I am an Microelectronic Student from Hamburg, Germany. Currently I am doing an internship at a company thats makes digital Cameras for Industrial and surveillance use. In September I am starting my Diploma thesis.

I found the EEVblog when I was searching for a video tutorial for an electronic project I am doing at the Company. After some videos I saw that there is also a Forum.

Offline John Coloccia

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1115 on: June 17, 2013, 11:38:01 pm »
I'm from Connecticut, in the USA.  I was an engineer for 20 years but a couple of years ago I left to start my own company.  Now I build/repair guitars and guitar related items, including effects pedals.  I hope to release our first commercial pedal in the coming weeks.  I've seen Dave's blog on and off for years, but never knew it was an actual organized thing with a forum and everything else.  I though it was just some random guy on YouTube that liked to drink a lot of coffee and then get mad at all the crappy product design out there....much like myself.

Offline brob

« Reply #1116 on: June 22, 2013, 05:11:56 am »
Just like to say Hi to everyone. Been watching this forum for quite some time but never registered. I am a Journeyman Machinist that is a electrical hobbyist. Going to start apprenticing as an  electrical instrumentation tech or electrician.

Offline mmilejski

• Contributor
« Reply #1117 on: June 27, 2013, 07:44:55 am »
Hi,

I'm from Poland, 20yo, and I study Automatics and Robotics - just finished my second semester ;)
Being interested in amateur electronics I am watching EEVBlog for over a year now so I thought it is time to register on the forum to get some answers, and  maybe contribute too ;)

Offline yinli

« Reply #1118 on: June 27, 2013, 08:32:07 am »
Hello from China. I'm working for Yinli Electronics now which is a small company that produces customized transformers like high frequency high power transformer, switching mode power supply transformer, and High power pulse transformer. My English is not very good but I'm looking forward for more communication and opportunities for studing as well as business.  :)

Offline Darkslayer7

« Reply #1119 on: June 29, 2013, 08:33:53 am »
Hello everyone. My name is Kristof Art. I'm a Colege student from Hungary. Currently studying linguistic at ELTE BTK in Budapest.
I do not have much experience with Electronics, but I like the Blog, and watch the videos. Gave me lots of tips over the years. :D

Offline TheKraken

« Reply #1120 on: July 01, 2013, 03:56:06 am »
Hey everyone, aspiring hobbyist with an interest in both electrical engineering and computer shtuff. I have a few projects I'm working on that require a lot of knowledge I do not yet have. I've found Eevblog videos on youtube to be -very- informative, and in a way i can understand. I'm from the USA and will be looking for various bit of help on...

how to get high voltage DC from...DC! ( boost converters or dc->ac->dc or really anything that gets me from 1.5v-12v in to 400v-2kv out )
Basic info on parts and how they function!
The good old trusty equations for figuring out what i need where, or what I get from what I got!
Power supplies, and meters/oscilliscopes etc. ! I really need a proper set-up to pursue my projects and any good deals I can find would help immensely!

So Hello to everyone, and when I get working projects together I'll gladly share what I can, at least a video!

Offline gierig

« Reply #1121 on: July 02, 2013, 06:40:14 pm »
Hey folk,

trained in communication electronics technician 15 years ago i forget lots of things... but it still work  ;)
I Playing around with digital, AVR, BT, C, ASM and so on an the moment.

seems a nice place here and of course it "looks it's so Beautifully".... i love the Vidos :-) They are funny and
they help to remember to so much things...:-)

gierig

Offline bluejonah

• Contributor
  • Heyooo
« Reply #1122 on: July 04, 2013, 12:16:59 am »
HI! I'm Joey and I'm from Kentucky. Been a fan of the eevblog for almost a year now and I can't believe I just now registered on the forum. Shame on me! Hope to see y'all around!

O0

Offline M@

« Reply #1123 on: July 04, 2013, 02:19:35 pm »
Name matches my screen name. I am currently a software developer writing production automation code/test equipment API's at a base station antenna engineering company in NC. I have two associates in EET/CET and have also worked in the security field as a technician for cellular communication boards and general SMD/SMA/SMT prototyping for roughly 4 years.

Love the environment, writing code, when magic smoke stays put, and hope to be able to contribute something while also learning from many others. Big fan of Dave and Mike from mikeselectronicstuff!

Offline George

« Reply #1124 on: July 05, 2013, 02:29:52 pm »
I'm George, a student from the UK. I like alarm systems, programming, computer vision stuff oh and the Raspberry Pi  :P love taking things apart, mainly battery operated stuff though. Found my way here from the EEVBlog YouTube channel.  :-+
« Last Edit: July 05, 2013, 02:34:00 pm by George »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf