Author Topic: LARGE silicone bench workmat needed!!  (Read 2261 times)

Offline unknownparticleTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Re: LARGE silicone bench workmat needed!!
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2022, 07:31:15 pm »
 :palm:
« Last Edit: November 08, 2022, 01:22:31 pm by unknownparticle »
DC coupling is the devils work!!

Offline eti

• Super Contributor
  • !
  • MOD: a.k.a Unlokia, glossywhite, iamwhoiam etc
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2022, 02:44:56 am »
How much is your time worth that you would sit on a forum on and off for DAYS, trying to find ways around being “ripped off” on shipping? You could’ve ordered it 3x over by now me old matey! Forget “principle” - you want it? Pay it. It’s not a recurring subscription for goodness sake. 😜

£12 is such an insignificant amount as to be comical to even consider discussing. I once had a friend who said “I don’t remember the cost of my purchases under £100, they’re too small to care about.”

As (currently) broke as I may be, my mindset is still that way. One doesn’t get to one’s deathbed with an expense sheet and a calculator, saying “Nowwww then, let’s balance the books and see how much I’ve saved over my lifetime, before I depart.”

Humans are so strange in many ways.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2022, 02:48:31 am by eti »

Offline eti

• Super Contributor
  • !
  • MOD: a.k.a Unlokia, glossywhite, iamwhoiam etc
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2022, 02:50:09 am »
An idea:

Could you not buy some silicone mix and some carbon dust and pour your own? I know it’s a fiddle but it might be fun, and you can make whatever size you want.

You mentioned wasting time looking for the product that suited me best in an earlier reply, I think this option wouldn't be a viable solution time wise, and also from a cost perspective.
I have found what I was looking for now, so problem solved.

I was answering your need in a manner which appeared to meet the “not getting ripped off” aspect. Anyway, you got it…. Meh, and phew, and also bravo.

Offline PlainName

• Super Contributor
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2022, 11:40:09 am »
How much is your time worth that you would sit on a forum on and off for DAYS

False equivalence. No-one gets paid 24/7 so the probability of sitting on a forum displacing some exorbitant sum is close to zero. Factor in the value of not sitting watching a TV or browsing Fartbook (or spending most of one day believing those scamming you are morally superior) and asking on here is probably a net benefit.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf