Author Topic: Julian Assange seeks asylum in Ecuador.  (Read 4554 times)

Offline G7PSKTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • It is hot until proved not.
Julian Assange seeks asylum in Ecuador.
« on: June 20, 2012, 03:41:20 pm »
Is it not time this man was sent back to Sweden, his crying wolf that the Swedish will send him to the USA is total rubbish as he is at far greater risk of that here in the UK as we have a fast track extradition treaty with the US and if the Americans wanted him they would have asked by now. Far more likely that he is guilty as charged in Sweden and he knows that if he goes back he will get jail time or his wrists slapped,They are pretty lenient in Sweden.

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/06/20/world/europe/uk-assange-asylum/index.html?eref=mrss_igoogle_cnn

Offline Sionyn

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Julian Assange seeks asylum in Ecuador.
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2012, 04:19:59 pm »
there now considering arrest, shameful uk all he did was expose yours and usa humanright abuses in your two illegal wars
and then only yesterday they announce their snooping laws and that they must protect whistle-blowers

pot kettle black   ?

man what a seven years its been for wikileaks seems only yesterday when he asked for help at the 26C3
eecs guy

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2012, 05:18:20 pm »
I don't care how many secrets he released or did not release. He stands accused by two women of rape and abuse,  These are serious charges that he should face, all the shit he has been throwing up about the Swedish having a secret plan to send him to the US is all bull shit and nothing but a smoke screen. If the Americans wanted him they would simply ask the British authorities for extradition, they have not and they have had two years in which to do so.

Offline Sionyn

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2012, 06:22:26 pm »
they amount to nothing bunch of lies and falsehoods

the defendant also wrote a book on getting revenge when you boyfriend one of them was crying wolf about rape
eecs guy

Offline MikeK

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2012, 07:41:35 pm »
I don't care how many secrets he released or did not release. He stands accused by two women of rape and abuse,  These are serious charges that he should face.

Maybe.  We don't really know yet.  Unless there is real evidence of physical harm rape comes down to one person's word.  That's it!  And it's not like ANY GOVERNMENT wouldn't be willing to pay some woman (or two) a few dollars to cry rape.

Offline jerry507

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2012, 08:07:30 pm »
He runs an organization that you happen to politically agree with so he should be above the law? That seems to run pretty counter to his own political ideals, much less basic moral standards.

Offline MikeK

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2012, 08:34:37 pm »
He runs an organization that you happen to politically agree with so he should be above the law? That seems to run pretty counter to his own political ideals, much less basic moral standards.

Thank you for telling me what I do or don't agree with.  You would certainly know more than me what my beliefs are.

Nobody is above the law.  Nor are people aren't to be tried on bogus charges.  Ever!  And, to date, it is only a matter of the two women claiming that it wasn't consentual sex.  Unless there is evidence of abuse, it's nothing more than a) regret, or b) someone convincing them to file false accusations.  He's not just some random guy.  Nearly every government on the planet would want his operation shut down.

Baseless accusations don't amount to charges.  Sweden even knew that and had cancelled the arrest warrant.  It was only when the prosecutor's boss got involved that the warrant was reinstated.  Boss stepping in and overriding a prosecutor's decision...yeah, that doesn't sound political at all.  :o

if the Americans wanted him they would have asked by now

Really?  On what grounds?  He's not a U.S. citizen.  Sounds like you're suggesting that the U.S. is (and should be) above the law.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 08:42:05 pm by MikeK »

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2012, 09:15:29 pm »
The thing is is that the decision of guilt or not guilt should be carried out by the relevant judicial system and that is not the British one nor is the press or public opinion but the one in the country in which he stands accused unless that country is a banana republic which I think all would agree is not any country in Europe, therefore he should go and stand trial.   

Offline SgtRock

• Supporter
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2012, 09:37:13 pm »
Greetings EEVBees:

--"Two illegal wars"? Ha, prove it. Even leftists who sympathize with mass murderers, should have to stand trial like, Joe Sixpack. Next, there will be accusations about US/UK/CAN/AUS/NZ troops being baby killers, instead killing baby killers. Come on you Truthers, get in here and help MikeK, with the unfounded, whale sized conspiracy charges. The answer to speech you disagree with is more speech, and we want to give you plenty of rope.

"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." Benjamin Franklin

Best Regards
Clear Ether

Offline Sionyn

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2012, 09:42:43 pm »
all i care about it humanity people and our species
all i can say is i see history repeating its self

soon with banners fly and drums rolling we’ll be marching back through the centuries back were bigots burned the man who dared bring enlightenment and intelligence to the human mind.

you might not agree with wikileaks guy but sure have to admit were on slippery slope at the moment

eecs guy

Offline MikeK

• Super Contributor
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2012, 10:22:13 pm »
The thing is is that the decision of guilt or not guilt should be carried out by the relevant judicial system and that is not the British one nor is the press or public opinion but the one in the country in which he stands accused unless that country is a banana republic which I think all would agree is not any country in Europe, therefore he should go and stand trial.

Of course.  But the VERY important point that's being missed here is that he hasn't been charged with anything!  It seems like people want to convict him first and ask questions later.  It has all the stink of political maneuvering.

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2012, 10:26:09 pm »
Is it not time this man was sent back to Sweden, his crying wolf that the Swedish will send him to the USA is total rubbish as he is at far greater risk of that here in the UK as we have a fast track extradition treaty with the US and if the Americans wanted him they would have asked by now. Far more likely that he is guilty as charged in Sweden

He has NOT been charged with anything at all.
They just want to question him. They could have done that at any time in the last few months in an hour anywhere on the planet.
The whole thing stinks and is is clearly politically motivated.

Dave.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf