Author Topic: How do you find inspiration for new electronics projects?  (Read 2571 times)

Offline Benta

• Super Contributor
Re: How do you find inspiration for new electronics projects?
« Reply #50 on: August 03, 2024, 08:30:35 pm »
If there's interest, I'll start a new thread on this (RKE). I don't want to hijack this one for detailed discussion. Not sure about right section, though.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2024, 08:32:31 pm by Benta »

Offline jpanhalt

• Super Contributor
« Reply #51 on: August 03, 2024, 09:31:11 pm »
If there's interest, I'll start a new thread on this (RKE). I don't want to hijack this one for detailed discussion. Not sure about right section, though.

I'd love to see that thread.  I can't contribute, but I will learn from it.  John

Offline RJSV

• Super Contributor
« Reply #52 on: August 06, 2024, 06:57:09 pm »
   (Don't mean to be too personal, with my story...I'm no hero.)

Inspiration related, is a little recounting, of what I was involved in, as funding became available, after a 'dry spell':

A friend of mine had established a small business, with retail location, and I got some exposure to the dynamics, which, in his case was heavily involved with Real Estate rentals, landlords, and local city regulators.
That included an assessment of building security and local Police dept.

So,  when my own funding came available I had already seen some of the business dynamics, although not directly (yet).
I needed a private office or shop setting, for developing various technology, and a setting for creating PATENT materials.

Surprising how much I had learned by observing that other person, in the 5 years prior to obtaining the business licence, myself, for the computer hardware teaching items, that had not yet been brought to any market.

So, I hope this relates, at least a little, to the topic question;  maybe a little bit of detail, on what happens AFTER the inspiration phase, of a large project.   Things kind of feed themselves, after you have started in...seeing the idea fleshed out, in model forms, and then in more developed forms, which, I had no idea what things would look like.

I had approximately $ 30 k to start, and got a good deal on the office rental, plus there was shop space, for the 'grunt' work.   It turned out to be about 50/50 model building and documentation.

I was already positioned, to start-up, when the cash arrived, so many of the office and shop duties were already known.   It certainly was an INSPIRATION, to get the funding, similar to when a person wins a legal case, and delayed payoff materializes.

That's an important part of inspiration, besides in the moment, as I was prepared for events, going forward.   I've heard others mention that aspect, of having things 'ready' for making your own bit of progress, whether it's a project small or large!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf