Author Topic: deus ex  (Read 7078 times)

Offline sarepairman2Topic starter

• Frequent Contributor
deus ex
« on: June 02, 2016, 04:54:25 am »

do you see yourself servicing cyborgs in the next 30 years?

Offline XOIIO

• Super Contributor
Re: deus ex
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2016, 05:01:35 am »
My god I can't wait I can't wait I can't wait I cant wait!

It's going to be so fucking awesome, and the fact that they are getting hacked is like ghost in the shell. I just pray I have the money for it when it comes out. Missing out on so many amazing games thanks to this crappy job market.

Online EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2016, 05:08:26 am »
I had to scroll through to the end to find out they are advertising a video game  ::)

Offline XOIIO

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2016, 05:20:10 am »
I had to scroll through to the end to find out they are advertising a video game  ::)

Heh, true, if it was a full big budget movie with this trailer it would be even better, live action trailers for games are a bit weird, but still has my geek side psyched up.

Offline ConKbot

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2016, 05:42:38 am »
Rest of the video game industry needs to learn, this is what you get when you take 5 years to do a sequel (or at least more than one). Something actually worthy of getting excited over.

Offline gnavigator1007

• Supporter
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2016, 04:38:36 pm »
I'm really looking forward to this one as well!  Comes out day before my birthday, so planning a small gaming vacation from work lol.  Can't imagine it will be as good as the original, but still expecting an amazing game.  Anybody waiting for this should check out some of the mods for the first one.  Highly recommend The Nameless Mod.  People may be interested to hear that System Shock 3 is also in the works after all these years.  They've even got Warren Spector onboard for the project!

Offline Neilm

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2016, 06:56:23 pm »
People may be interested to hear that System Shock 3 is also in the works after all these years.  They've even got Warren Spector onboard for the project!

Really - a sequel to one of the most atmospheric games of the 90s.

Also rather prophetic - you go around with a heads up display (think Google glass). One of the first "logs" you find is a description of the system that notes it is illegal to drive with more than 15% of your vision obscured by the HUD.  If those things ever catch op, I expect that law pretty quick.
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe. - Albert Einstein
Tesla referral code https://ts.la/neil53539

Offline Maxlor

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2016, 09:53:16 pm »
if it was a full big budget movie with this trailer it would be even better
I actually like games better than movies nowadays. The good ones are a lot more interesting, involving and rewarding than a mere 2 hour movie. Movies feel so passive and rushed in comparison.

Offline XOIIO

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2016, 10:08:31 pm »
if it was a full big budget movie with this trailer it would be even better
I actually like games better than movies nowadays. The good ones are a lot more interesting, involving and rewarding than a mere 2 hour movie. Movies feel so passive and rushed in comparison.

Oh yeah, but a full movie with visuals like this would be fantastic, and I like to sit down and shut my brain down for the most part sometimes. (been binging on QI recently, don't know how I missed it until now)

Offline AntiProtonBoy

• Frequent Contributor
  • I think I passed the Voight-Kampff test.
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2016, 12:08:36 am »
Played the original Deus Ex so many times. One of my all time favourites.

Online daqq

• Super Contributor
    • My site
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2016, 10:23:32 am »
Aaah... good times... too bad they took a big steaming dump named Deus Ex: Invisible War and spoiled it  :(
Believe it or not, pointy haired people do exist!
+++Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

Offline rolycat

• Super Contributor
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2016, 07:51:59 pm »
Aaah... good times... too bad they took a big steaming dump named Deus Ex: Invisible War and spoiled it  :(

But then somewhat redeemed themselves with Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

The following users thanked this post: AKM

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2016, 09:02:32 pm »
this thread was meant to discuss cyborgs  :popcorn:

Offline rolycat

• Super Contributor
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2016, 10:26:50 pm »
this thread was meant to discuss cyborgs  :popcorn:
Well, you shouldn't have opened it with a computer game trailer  ;)

To answer your original question: No, I don't.

Expanding on that answer with some uninformed speculation:

Bionic prostheses are (still) in an early stage of development, and even when the technological hurdles have been surmounted, high costs and legal issues mean they are unlikely to be at all common in thirty years. They may never be common - purely biological limb and organ replacement could well be a superior alternative. If bionic limbs do become popular, their ongoing maintenance will probably be a specialized healthcare profession.

Offline Rerouter

• Super Contributor
  • Question Everything... Except This Statement
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2016, 11:36:52 pm »
Depends on what level of modification you refer to as a cyborg, If you look at most modern prosthesis, They are generally in the grey area of each approach being different, using custom shapes and alloys, and very different and integrated systems.

In my head this says very specialized if a repair option was conceived outside the manufacturer.

Now exosuits, possibly as an alternative to forklifts in some fields, Those i could see being a more repairable option, as that technology improves it would likely shift towards the same system types to reduce costs. and likely be built around easier repair.

To take the activist role, you might cook up some muscle interface for the average joe to tie in with virtual reality games, and they might need occasional servicing to keep running, etc,

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2016, 11:46:40 pm »
you guys obviously have not seen the movie elysium lol.

mob cyborg mechanodoctors  :o

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf