Author Topic: Anybody having problems recently logging in to AliExpress?  (Read 6704 times)

Offline HwAoRrDkTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Anybody having problems recently logging in to AliExpress?
« on: July 23, 2023, 08:03:34 pm »
This is getting really frustrating. :rant: Over the last few days I've been having real problems trying to log in on the AliExpress website. I enter my email and password and it just re-loads the page as if I hadn't done anything at all. No error messages or anything. Happens regardless whether it's the pop-over login box or the separate login page.

Strangely, it will randomly work sometimes - maybe 1 in 5 occasions - but I cannot fathom why that might be. I don't do anything different, it's simply a case of trying until it does work.

This is using Firefox on Windows, with uBlock Origin. I suspected maybe the latter interfering, but the fact it works sometimes without changing anything seems to discount that.

Anybody else?

Offline floobydust

• Super Contributor
Re: Anybody having problems recently logging in to AliExpress?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2023, 08:08:18 pm »
I just tried it and no problems logging in. FF and uBlock.
The site is buggy/unreliable moreso when they are making changes. It's up to 70 analytics now.
Price and shipping are too high to really want to buy anything lately.

Offline ataradov

• Super Contributor
    • Personal site
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2023, 08:18:52 pm »
It is getting crappier and crappier for me. In the US they started randomly redirecting from .com to .us domain, and that causes all sorts of issues.

In most cases I can login from 2nd attempt at most though. And I never see the screen, I just see the redirect to a different domain, where it asks to login again.
Alex

Online nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2023, 08:26:56 pm »
Same here every now and then. A workaround that may work is to use the link from a delivery update.
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Offline BillyD

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2023, 09:11:49 pm »
Happened to me about a month ago. Over a week went by when I couldn't login. Eventually it just started working again.

Online mikeselectricstuff

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2023, 10:09:53 pm »
Yep, seen it a few times over the last week
Youtube channel:Taking wierd stuff apart. Very apart.
Mike's Electric Stuff: High voltage, vintage electronics etc.
Day Job: Mostly LEDs

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2023, 12:21:20 am »
Good to know it's not just me. But that doesn't make it any less annoying. >:(

Offline jonovid

• Super Contributor
    • JONOVID
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2023, 12:37:56 am »
re-set your web browser, in particular empty your cookie jar!
network wars
Hobbyist with a basic knowledge of electronics

Offline Bud

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2023, 01:30:18 am »
I've seen similar issue with a few other web sites and that was because I am running Pi-Hole. Temporarily disabling Pi-Hole fixed the issue.
Facebook-free life and Rigol-free shack.

Offline Faranight

• Supporter
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2023, 05:28:53 am »
Yes, I'm having similar problems where I can't even login to Aliexpress any more. This is not a matter of some browser addon interfering with the website, but rather crappy web design and overbloated use of javascript and analytics on the site. Even if the site finds just one setting that it doesn't like, the website breaks. I've been having similar issues on some other websites like Twitch where they're using tracking scripts, and you can't even login any more, if you have pivacy.resistFingerprinting setting enabled in Firefox browser; note that everything used to work just fine before October 2022 (when they did that update that broke everything).
Fara-day? Fara-night.

Offline tooki

• Super Contributor
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2023, 09:32:15 am »
I haven’t run into this particular bug, but man, I do agree that Aliexpress’s technical foundation is a cobbled-together mess made by people who don’t consider the consequences of design decisions. In particular, they either don’t test for edge cases, or don’t even think about them at all.

One issue I’ve run into repeatedly over the years is their boneheaded language selection code. Often, opening a link someone posts to Aliexpress in a different language is enough to switch yours.

But where it gets really nasty is that not all of the Aliexpress website is available in all languages (e.g. help). Somehow, you can end up with the more-restricted part set to a language it doesn’t support, so it then defaults to the alphabetically first language it knows, Arabic, and sets the language setting for the rest of the site to that. But then switching to another language (even one fully supported everywhere, like english) won’t stick, because the language setting for the more-restricted part is set wrong. And because www.aliexpress.com always wants to redirect you to a different subdomain for any language other than English, if the language-selection settings or cookies get messed up (such that the language selection menu can’t properly set it), it then redirects to the (incorrect) language subdomain doggedly, no matter what you do. That’s my guess as to what’s happening, I don’t really know for sure. But in the end, fixing it requires a very delicate dance of logging out, clearing cookies, and setting the language in the more-restricted part of the site and in the less-restrictive part, to end up in a stable state again.

Until someone posts an Aliexpress link in a language other than your own, potentially triggering it to fail again. (That’s why I do wish people on this forum would refrain from posting language-specific aliexpress links: links to www.aliexpress.com will redirect to their language, but ones to e.g. pt.aliexpress.com won’t redirect to www.aliexpress.com or any other language subdomain.)

Offline Microdoser

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2023, 09:34:52 am »
I've been having problems either not being able to log in, or when I have managed to log in, I can't actually buy anything.

Being as logging in and buying stuff is supposed to be the reason the site exists, I imagine they will want to fix that...

Offline ataradov

• Super Contributor
    • Personal site
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2023, 03:04:49 pm »
One issue I’ve run into repeatedly over the years is their boneheaded language selection code. Often, opening a link someone posts to Aliexpress in a different language is enough to switch yours.
Yep. This happens all the time. AE just sets random language and currency and does not even remember when you set it back. Half the time I go there, my UI is in Romanian.

Alex

• Super Contributor
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2023, 03:27:21 pm »
Argh, yes, the language problem is a pain too. I remember once getting stuck on the Vietnamese version of the site after inadvertently following a link, and had to painstakingly go through and delete all cookies for *.aliexpress.com before I could get back to normal.

The following users thanked this post: tooki

Offline rolycat

• Super Contributor
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2023, 04:34:49 pm »
It's doing it to me as well.
It doesn't seem to be entirely cookie-related since I tried a different browser and had the same problem.
I eventually got back in, but still can't log in from the machine in my lab.

Offline audiotubes

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2023, 03:11:06 pm »
This is getting really frustrating. :rant: Over the last few days I've been having real problems trying to log in on the AliExpress website. I enter my email and password and it just re-loads the page as if I hadn't done anything at all. No error messages or anything. Happens regardless whether it's the pop-over login box or the separate login page.

Strangely, it will randomly work sometimes - maybe 1 in 5 occasions - but I cannot fathom why that might be. I don't do anything different, it's simply a case of trying until it does work.

This is using Firefox on Windows, with uBlock Origin. I suspected maybe the latter interfering, but the fact it works sometimes without changing anything seems to discount that.

Anybody else?

I was unable to log in mostly due to the fact their confirmation email doesn't get here within the time limit. Eventually they locked my account. I tried to opened a support issue, nobody answered me.

eBay has always been reliable for me. I can't get a thousand electrolytic capacitors for 1 euro with free shipping from ebay, but I've used it for over 20 years and haven't had any problems.
I have taken apart more gear than many people. But I have put less gear back together than most people. So there is still room for improvement.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf