Author Topic: An ebay seller have made my day today  (Read 5794 times)

Offline Free_WiFiTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
  • https://tinyurl.com/y5nhpt2x
Re: An ebay seller have made my day today
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2019, 11:22:56 pm »
Please check this out :

The first picture of their item is the same for both sellers.
Arrived at this point my balls are broken a part,next time i will go to farnell.it (or maybe here http://tiny.cc/6u3l4y maybe)
« Last Edit: March 30, 2019, 11:48:34 pm by Free_WiFi »

Offline vtwin@cox.net

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2019, 10:26:51 am »
that picture cinched it for me.

The dash was a dead giveaway.
A hollow voice says 'PLUGH'.

Offline legacy

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2019, 01:41:49 pm »
Lessons to be learnt here: Not ok to automatically keep something if a mistake has been made (ended up not being an issue in this case). Gloating about a win when it's to the detriment of someone else always looks bad. Always best to contact people calmly without using conflict provoking words. Pays to never jump to conclusions when rational explanations can be made. Making decisions based on greed then criticizing the outcome later makes you appear mercurial. When everyone is saying you are the problem, it's often true.

as the seller, I sold a couple of brand new Apple Magic Keyboards. Both were unopened, still in the box.
Parcels were delivered in perfect conditions, but we had two different results

the first customer was 100% satisfied, for the product, and for the service

the second customer opened a dispute, for 30 euro of goods, and for the only reason that he must have destroyed the keyboard!

I asked a couple of pics, the parcel was delivered intact, and the keyboard was brand new: how could be so damaged?

was it defective? it might happen! There is no need to insult, and to call people "dishonest".
anyway, I promptly replied with a money back proposal for the good, and he insulted me again because he wanted 100% money back, including the shipping cost.

and so I did, 100% money back, but then I included this user in my eBay shop's blacklist.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2019, 01:44:34 pm by legacy »

Offline vtwin@cox.net

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2019, 02:58:39 pm »
the second customer opened a dispute, for 30 euro of goods, and for the only reason that he must have destroyed the keyboard!

I asked a couple of pics, the parcel was delivered intact, and the keyboard was brand new: how could be so damaged?

was it defective? it might happen! There is no need to insult, and to call people "dishonest".
anyway, I promptly replied with a money back proposal for the good, and he insulted me again because he wanted 100% money back, including the shipping cost.

Buyers like this are why I rarely sell on eBay any longer. eBay is so low-margin these days, with high selling and shipping costs, that one situation like this could easily wipe out a month's worth of "profit" for me. That is not even factoring in the amount of time needed to create a listing and then go through the post-sale shipping/feedback sequence.

Fortunately, over the years, I've had pretty decent buyers (and I think most buyers are actually pretty decent) but all it takes is one jerk.

For example, I recently sold 175' of low-loss coax. The buyer insisted the roll did not contain 175 feet, demanded a refund for the amount he was "shorted" after "I measure it this weekend". I pointed out to him the manufacturer has index marks for every foot on the outer sheath. The starting index was 25 and the end was 200... so the last I knew, 25 from 200 was 175. He ended up leaving me positive feedback. I left him no feedback. I would have left neutral or negative feedback if I had the opportunity to do so, but eBay no longer allows sellers to rate buyers (another reason I rarely sell any longer.)

Offline legacy

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2019, 11:03:25 am »
Buyers like this are why I rarely sell on eBay any longer. eBay is so low-margin these days, with high selling and shipping costs, that one situation like this could easily wipe out a month's worth of "profit" for me. That is not even factoring in the amount of time needed to create a listing and then go through the post-sale shipping/feedback sequence.

yup, I agree entirely. I am also shocked that a brand new Apple product, bought on the Apple Store (so it was not a counterfeit-fake) was found defective. Was it really? I have a doubt about. Anyway, the customer is always right, especially if he/she pays via Paypal.

The following users thanked this post: vtwin@cox.net

Offline legacy

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2019, 11:08:30 am »
I would have left neutral or negative feedback if I had the opportunity to do so, but eBay no longer allows sellers to rate buyers (another reason I rarely sell any longer.)

I did like too, when sellers were able to release negative feedbacks, and it was useful to underline "bad customers" ( I want to be polite, but you can guess the exact word I am thinking about in my head )

The following users thanked this post: vtwin@cox.net

Offline Zucca

• Supporter
  • EE meid in Itali
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2019, 12:13:17 pm »
I had a MX-H2-UF bit I did not like it. It's too small or my italian hands are too big for it.
Sold it for a MX-H1-UF, got some fine/small tips and never looked back.
Can't know what you don't love. St. Augustine
Can't love what you don't know. Zucca

The following users thanked this post: Free_WiFi

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2019, 08:18:35 am »
I had a MX-H2-UF bit I did not like it. It's too small or my italian hands are too big for it.
Sold it for a MX-H1-UF, got some fine/small tips and never looked back.
Questa è la mia mano.
This is my hand.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 08:22:38 am by Free_WiFi »

Offline Lord of nothing

• Super Contributor
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2019, 12:08:01 pm »
 :=\ I will start this Weekend selling my old Stuff who got left over when our Shop closes down. I wrote a bunch of lines who say in general no Warranty for anything.
We have A LOT of Inkjet Cardrich who are ~10 Years out of Date so the might work or now. Its the Customer Choice of try it out. I will sell them as defect so the could not complain if its broken.  ^-^
Made in Japan, destroyed in Sulz im Wienerwald.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2019, 12:12:15 pm »
:=\ I will start this Weekend selling my old Stuff who got left over when our Shop closes down. I wrote a bunch of lines who say in general no Warranty for anything.
We have A LOT of Inkjet Cardrich who are ~10 Years out of Date so the might work or now. Its the Customer Choice of try it out. I will sell them as defect so the could not complain if its broken.  ^-^

Off-topic!
please don't perform your advertisement on my own threads .
Thanks.

Offline Lord of nothing

• Super Contributor
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2019, 12:22:01 pm »
a) I dont sell anything here
b) I dont post any link to anything

Offline Lord of nothing

• Super Contributor
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2019, 12:38:19 pm »
via Ebay and no I dont post any Links here.  :palm:
Just relax!  :-+

Offline onesixright

• Frequent Contributor
An ebay seller have made my day today
« Reply #37 on: April 09, 2019, 12:43:57 pm »
via Ebay and no I dont post any Links here.  :palm:
Just relax!  :-+
And what if you did (I know it’s not the etiquette)?

Thought we where all friends here :/

Sent from my X using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 12:58:50 pm by onesixright »

Offline vtwin@cox.net

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2019, 10:18:57 am »
I wrote a bunch of lines who say in general no Warranty for anything.

All of which is meaningless. If a buyer files a dispute for item received not as described, you'll be forced to refund the money and pay for the return.

Offline Lord of nothing

• Super Contributor
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2019, 12:13:22 pm »
Nope not when I sell it as a Private Citizen.  :-+

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf