Author Topic: An ebay seller have made my day today  (Read 5804 times)

Offline Free_WiFiTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
  • https://tinyurl.com/y5nhpt2x
An ebay seller have made my day today
« on: March 29, 2019, 10:32:17 am »
I bought myself an MX-H1-AV on ebay from an England based seller,however the problem is that i didn't receive it,but instead i get the MX-H2-UF.
Lol
I don't know what to say,i didn't open the dispute for that seller,because the item is pretty good,brand new and also more expensive then the ordinary MX-H1-AV.
I paid for my new MX-H1-AV AkA MX-H2-UF circa 65 euros ... so i will not go to lose my time in useless disputes etc ....

« Last Edit: April 17, 2019, 05:44:30 am by Free_WiFi »

Offline Fred27

• Supporter
    • Fred's blog
Re: An ebay seller have made my day today
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2019, 10:50:22 am »
It might be polite to let the seller know. They could have someone else who was expecting this and got the one you ordered.

The following users thanked this post: PA0PBZ, Zucca, JPortici

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2019, 10:51:31 am »

I'm always ready to help the seller,but only if he can send me the item which i wish for first.
I don't have any reason to scam someone,i'm just bying electronic stuff that i need for my life.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 10:56:08 am by Free_WiFi »

Offline onesixright

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2019, 11:06:04 am »
Why would it be a scam? Obviously the packages got mixed up.

Sent from my X using Tapatalk

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2019, 11:14:45 am »

"Obviously the packages got mixed up."

To be honest ??? I'm not very sure.

Did i need to comment ... ?

Offline onesixright

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2019, 11:21:50 am »

Did i need to comment ... ?
Please do... ? Not sure what are you aiming at? That it's made in China, its fake? I just got a MX-PTZ, says also made in china...

Offline ogden

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2019, 11:31:02 am »

To be honest ??? I'm not very sure.

Who cares. You ordered MX-H1-AV, got MX-H2-UF. If they are not interchangeable and you want MX-H1-AV no matter what, then it is obvious to ask seller to resolve issue. Don't open dispute, don't rate negatively yet. When you see that seller is stalling - then you open dispute to press him. They usually agree to resolve quickly just to have good ratings. Most likely outcome: you will get either (partial) refund or MX-H1-AV for free.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 11:32:42 am by ogden »

The following users thanked this post: Free_WiFi

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2019, 11:32:17 am »
Please do... ? Not sure what are you aiming at? That it's made in China, its fake? I just got a MX-PTZ, says also made in china...

Dummy,the sticker with the real name of the content inside the package is wrapped out .... It's not because of made in china ...
 :palm: :palm: :palm: :palm: :palm: :palm: :palm: :palm: :palm: :palm:

Offline ogden

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2019, 11:34:47 am »

Dummy,the sticker with the real name of the content inside the package is wrapped out .... It's not because of made in china ...

No need for profanity. It is not obvious what actually was on that label. Some who do not care to invest much time analyzing your picture, may miss original message.

Offline onesixright

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2019, 11:41:53 am »

No need for profanity. It is not obvious what actually was on that label. Some who do not care to invest much time analyzing your picture, may miss original message.

Thank you. I really don't get the yellow arrow, it points to "made in china".. Call me dumb,  :-DD.

Most (?) buyers would feel there is been a some sort of mix-up. The correct way to handle this is to ask the seller. But he didn't. He just told him, thank you for the free upgrade.

My thought with this title was, aha great a seller, made a mistake and told him to keep it. But that doesn't seem to be the case (at all).

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2019, 11:42:01 am »

Lol ... i don't understand you people...
However i'm aiming at the fact that the sticker may be wrapped out intentionally to hide the name of the real content inside the box.

Offline onesixright

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2019, 11:42:56 am »

However i'm aiming at the fact that the sticker may be wrapped out intentionally to hide the name of the real content inside the box.
I think we don't understand your post. But it might be me.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2019, 11:44:14 am »
Thank you. I really don't get the yellow arrow, it points to "made in china".. Call me dumb,  :-DD.

Most (?) buyers would feel there is been a some sort of mix-up. The correct way to handle this is to ask the seller. But he didn't. He just told him, thank you for the free upgrade.

My thought with this title was, aha great a seller, made a mistake and told him to keep it. But that doesn't seem to be the case (at all).

Aahahahaha ... free upgrade... may be not ?
because i got 0 tips for that micro handler.
 :-DD

Offline ogden

• Super Contributor
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2019, 11:45:00 am »

Why you think so? It easily could be so that shipping box from another product used, yet it was intended to put right product inside. You do not know for sure. Next time just not only provide picture, but also tell what you mean by showing it. You will save loads of your and not only, time. You will save digital ink of internet as well.

Offline onesixright

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2019, 11:48:09 am »

Aahahahaha ... free upgrade... may be not ?
because i got 0 tips for that micro handler.
 :-DD

Whatever makes your boat float. :palm:

And to paraphrase you. Have a nice day.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2019, 11:48:53 am »
Recent reply.

Offline onesixright

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2019, 11:51:50 am »
Recent reply.

You should have started with that picture. Anyway, it's clear now.

HF.

Offline Nusa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2019, 11:54:57 am »
The price difference isn't large enough to be worth the sellers effort in correcting it if you're happy.

Whoever does their inventory/shipping might get a kick, however. You'll never know.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2019, 12:01:05 pm »

Thread closed.

PS: This is my own shop ===:  https://www.ebay.it/usr/free_wifi

Offline soldar

• Super Contributor
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2019, 09:15:25 pm »
In this transaction the only one who comes out looking good is the seller.
All my posts are made with 100% recycled electrons and bare traces of grey matter.

The following users thanked this post: Dave, MagicSmoker, tooki

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2019, 10:51:16 pm »
In this transaction the only one who comes out looking good is the seller.

If for your taste the lie in this life is sweeter,then you're welcome .... and bla bla bla .....

However this seller was/it's not honest & coherent,because he told me that this handler was the only one to be avaible by him.
This is not true!!!
Since at the same time when i've done my buy there was (until today) another selling thread with the real MX-H1-AV.
Do you understand ??? cuz im tired.

« Last Edit: March 29, 2019, 11:40:04 pm by Free_WiFi »

Offline legacy

• Super Contributor
  • !
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2019, 12:53:25 pm »
LOL. I was luckier  :D

Paypal has the "return for money back" option, sometimes it's useful.

Anyway, I ordered a couple of Moates Ostrich2 ROM-emulators form the USA, which is very very expensive units, and you also have to pay the 22% of tax on the declared value, so ... you can guess my face when I opened the parcel and found ... a different item.

Not even close to a ROM-emulator, but rather a kind of weird kit for mounting the motor that moves wiper blades on a car  :wtf:

So I immediately contacted the seller, and he said - "D'Oh, we are so sorry, we have recently hired a young girl, she is so fine and cute, but ... she does a lot of these mistakes. This afternoon we will prepare a new parcel, going to be shipped air-mailed express. Please accept our apologies"

They made my day, giving me amusement, expressed by thirty sec of laughter :-DD
« Last Edit: March 30, 2019, 01:04:08 pm by legacy »

The following users thanked this post: KL27x, Free_WiFi

Offline Shock

• Super Contributor
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2019, 04:58:25 pm »
Lessons to be learnt here: Not ok to automatically keep something if a mistake has been made (ended up not being an issue in this case). Gloating about a win when it's to the detriment of someone else always looks bad. Always best to contact people calmly without using conflict provoking words. Pays to never jump to conclusions when rational explanations can be made. Making decisions based on greed then criticizing the outcome later makes you appear mercurial. When everyone is saying you are the problem, it's often true.
Soldering/Rework: Pace ADS200, Pace MBT350
Multimeters: Fluke 189, 87V, 117, 112   >>> WANTED STUFF <<<
Oszilloskopen: Lecroy 9314, Phillips PM3065, Tektronix 2215a, 314

The following users thanked this post: Rick Law, tooki, Cubdriver

Offline Rick Law

• Super Contributor
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2019, 08:40:07 pm »
Lessons to be learnt here: Not ok to automatically keep something if a mistake has been made (ended up not being an issue in this case). Gloating about a win when it's to the detriment of someone else always looks bad. Always best to contact people calmly without using conflict provoking words. Pays to never jump to conclusions when rational explanations can be made. Making decisions based on greed then criticizing the outcome later makes you appear mercurial. When everyone is saying you are the problem, it's often true.

There is a lot of wisdom in Shock's words.

Doing the right things is far more important to doing things right.  Shock pointed out a lot of right things to do right.

The following users thanked this post: tooki

Offline helius

• Super Contributor
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2019, 09:15:08 pm »
Since the handpiece you received is not compatible with the same tips as the one you ordered, there is certainly enough reason to open a dispute.
Whether you think you got a bargain because the item was listed incorrectly as a lower-priced model, is not the real question. The real question is whether you would have paid what you did knowing what you currently do.

I was unable to locate any other listing for the item from that seller; was there one that they deleted? Either way, you do not know if they have the correct item or not, so it is not as simple as they are lying.

There is another red flag about the seller here, which can be a lesson for others as well: the items they have for sale do not make any sense. They are all new items but without any focus or specialty, other than they appear to be China import (vibrators along side laptop bags and soldering irons). I am skeptical such a seller knows what they are selling apart from pulling things from a box and slapping postage on them. Mistakes are guaranteed.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf