Author Topic: Cheapest JBC price I have ever seen for USA customers.  (Read 3821 times)

Offline robrenzTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • Real Machinist, Wannabe EE
Cheapest JBC price I have ever seen for USA customers.
« on: April 23, 2013, 07:53:48 pm »
Got a Email from Howard electronics today for a sale on JBC CD-1BB at $350.00 It was addressed to me for being a previous customer but I think you could get this price if you ask for it. (I didn't by my JBC from them they were more expensive at the time)

It says:
To Order Call: 800-394-1984 Tell us you received the E-Letter with the Discount.  I think you will get the discount on an online order anyway here

I am not suggesting anyone lie about getting the email. Just ask if they will honor the discount anyway.

Offline nanofrog

• Super Contributor
Re: Cheapest JBC price I have ever seen for USA customers.
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2013, 11:30:11 pm »
Good to know. Thanks.  :)

Offline BiOzZ

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2013, 01:17:00 am »
a friend of mine has one of those at work .... and yeah im sure its that one because everyone and there brother must watch how fast his new iron heated up ... for about $400 (im not sure if that included all his nice tips) he got from an ebay seller who had a lot

if this guy runs out you can get one off ebay ... somewhere

im hesitent about buying one tho
im too used to hitting the power button than putting all my ICs on the PCB than soldering XP
My one regret in life is learning to speak English on the internet ...

Offline KD0CAC John

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2013, 08:02:24 pm »
I have been looking at getting one of these and went to the link , and saw a label - lead free , so I wanted to double check something on solder tools .
I seem to remember something about different tips , some made for lead & others made for lead free , what the interchange / use of both tips ?
Thanks

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2013, 09:05:04 pm »
AFAIK  There are no different JBC tips for leaded or lead free. The reason they are claimed to be superior for lead free is the extremely fast thermal recovery of the JBC allows soldering at 350C where many other irons have to be hotter to use the thermal inertia to solder well.  Tip life is enhanced because of the lower temperature and the sleep mode.

Take all this with a grain of salt. ;)

Offline KD0CAC John

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2013, 09:20:36 pm »
Thanks
Anybody of conversion to US 120v ?

Offline nanofrog

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2013, 10:13:08 pm »
I have been looking at getting one of these and went to the link , and saw a label - lead free , so I wanted to double check something on solder tools .
I seem to remember something about different tips , some made for lead & others made for lead free , what the interchange / use of both tips ?
Thanks
Same tip will work for both (I can't recall seeing different lead and lead-free tips recently). All you'd need to do if you want to use lead solder, is "rinse" it with your leaded solder first. A few times should do to get the lead-free stuff off and prevent an unknown alloy from making it onto your board/joints. Very quick and easy to do as well, so nothing to worry about.  :)

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2013, 01:09:06 am »
Thanks
Anybody of conversion to US 120v ?

120V models are readily available in the US.

Offline KD0CAC John

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2013, 02:03:22 pm »
The reason I asked was a while back someone was selling a packaged deal that would have been a savings even with shipping .

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf