Author Topic: WTB: Solder Reflow oven (~250 USD budget max)  (Read 743 times)

Offline masterpj55Topic starter

• Contributor
WTB: Solder Reflow oven (~250 USD budget max)
« on: February 25, 2021, 02:52:21 pm »
Hi there everyone.

I am starting to make my own pcb's from JLPCB (as they don't have all components I want for pre-assembly) and have a stencil and everything. I have a hot air gun but want to improve the production of boards.. so im looking for a Reflow oven.

I was looking at the cheap T-962 reflow ovens but remember the many warnings related to having to replace the masking tape with kapton tape and some issues with air potentially causing tombstoning of the pcb.

I am located in the Netherlands.
Board I currently do is 100x100mm in dimension (4 layer) and sometimes I might do 2 layer boards.

Happy to see what's up for offer.

Offline testpoint1

• Frequent Contributor
Re: WTB: Solder Reflow oven (~250 USD budget max)
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2021, 06:11:36 am »
I have a professional one, manual here:
http://qinsidianzi.com/upload/file/1372265948.rar
I used it less than 10 times (now I just design the PCB, then turn to factory made it), now in my stock house, I need to search it, but it is quite heavy, about 10 Kg;
please be aware most of the Chinese made (more than 90%) product is waste material, make the pollution of envirement and internet (they control the internet, use much more account name to sell it within web), the T-xxx soldering product is.

Offline jpanhalt

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2021, 09:55:42 am »
I have the T-962 and updated it with the United Engineering firmware here: https://github.com/UnifiedEngineering/T-962-improvements
Only other changes:
1) Added cold junction temperature sensor (DS18B20).
2) Replaced the masking tape with Kapton.

For the DS18B20 be sure to get one that meets the specification for working in parasitic mode.

I also used a standard TC (Fluke) calibrated against a mercury thermometer to adjust the settings for each TC in the oven.  You can easily insert the extra TC through holes in the bottom so it is very near the oven's TC and calibrate each one separately.

Oven follows the profile nicely and works for a hobbyist like myself.

BTW, I got mine about this time last year.  The prices on eBay were quite variable.  I got an apparently new one (still in box with original looking packaging)  from an individual in the US for about $100.

« Last Edit: February 26, 2021, 09:58:30 am by jpanhalt »

Offline masterpj55Topic starter

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2021, 05:25:18 pm »
Interested in buying!
How much would you want for it?

Where are you located for shipment estimate?

Offline jpanhalt

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2021, 05:59:44 pm »
Interested in buying!
How much would you want for it?

Where are you located for shipment estimate?

Mine is not for sale.  It is heavy and international shipping would be expensive.  I am located in the state of Ohio, USA.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf