Author Topic: Programming (non-JTAG) MAX7000 devices  (Read 61998 times)

Offline reverse

• Contributor
Re: Programming (non-JTAG) MAX7000 devices
« Reply #225 on: Today at 09:30:06 am »
ADDED2: Looked briefly to ALL07 schematic... More complex and less understandable than ALL03.  :palm:

I own an ALL07C (a compact version of ALL07 with SMD components and built-in PAC_DIP40) for the past over 15 years, and unlike you, I like vintage programmers and I am almost daily using my ALL07C workhorse, of course it was a gift from a close friend of mine (damaged back then by automotive apps of his employers, obsolete, but to me very useful with vintage computers). Thanks to the French schematic on Matthieu's web site  (it has some minor errors, but these don't affect the overall understanding) and PLD equations I managed to succeed in almost fully controlling ALL07 via mine TASM DOS code. I haven't digged into ALL07 OSC generation control, but that is not interesting to me so far. That helped me with successfully dumping of vintage ROM PIC, and I have more plans for similar projects. I think I may be able to help you with understanding of ALL07 programmer. Alas, I have no HILO EPM adapters, I just handmade one, mentioned by me earlier in this topic, and it worked. I will be able to help with testing/debugging of your code on a real ALL07 programmer and Altera devices, should you need that.
« Last Edit: Today at 09:46:16 am by reverse »

The following users thanked this post: YetAnotherTechie

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf