Author Topic: DEX eval by free_electron  (Read 336957 times)

Offline Iliya

• Frequent Contributor
  • !
Re: DEX eval by free_electron
« Reply #925 on: April 26, 2015, 07:15:42 pm »

[...]
Hi Vincent

I am prepared to work with you to extend DEX so it has Technology rules throughout. The user would be able to setup and switch rules for a design.
However it is best to do this offline, but keeping the forum updated. Are you up for this?
Technology rule would also include DRC.

Regards
Iliya

Hi Ilya, I hope you don't go off-line with it. The discussion is very interesting and illuminating.

I am learning things myself (I design PCBs as part of my job). It is interesting to see what features are
available and useful in the higher-end CAD packages.

John

I have not had any files yet from Vincent.

Offline Iliya

• Frequent Contributor
  • !
« Reply #926 on: April 26, 2015, 07:17:09 pm »
a nice thing to have would be an automated tool that, for a via that is defined as testpoint, puts the net label on the silkscreen.

that is how i create labeled testpoints. let the software do the assignment , then i simply highlight the points of interest and i draw a little circle around the via and put the net name down.

What font height would you use?
User definable.

I appreciate that, but I will try get a feel for actual font sizes people are using.

Offline tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
« Reply #927 on: April 26, 2015, 07:19:16 pm »
a nice thing to have would be an automated tool that, for a via that is defined as testpoint, puts the net label on the silkscreen.

that is how i create labeled testpoints. let the software do the assignment , then i simply highlight the points of interest and i draw a little circle around the via and put the net name down.
What font height would you use?
User definable.

I appreciate that, but I will try get a feel for actual font sizes people are using.
60 mil is a good starting point.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist.
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Online nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #928 on: April 26, 2015, 07:48:21 pm »
I mostly use a height between 0.8mm and 1.2mm. It doesn't need to be readable; I usually put the text under the SMT components because there isn't enough room beside the components. However on many boards I have component references in different font sizes. Fuses, connectors, switches usually get a much bigger component reference.
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf