Author Topic: ZeroBreeze: The MayiandJay DMCA LOLs  (Read 10612 times)

Online EEVblogTopic starter

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
Re: ZeroBreeze: The MayiandJay DMCA LOLs
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2019, 12:11:32 am »
All of this attention in the long run is only going to help his channel grow. Personally I don't agree with him, his tactics, and from the snippet in Thuderfoot's video it's pretty obvious the review was unconsidered.... I'm not going to give him a view or comment on his videos which will only serve to grow his channel.

He had to disable comments completely on recent videos, that's going to hurt his channel.

While I agree with Thunderfoot's position and that it was fair use, sometimes it's better to just let an issue go. Once his video was back up he should have dropped the issue

He did drop the issue. His video was not restored until after he made the videos.
I spoke to Phil and he was done, he moved on, but now MayiandJay has done another video calling him evil, so another response coming for shits and giggles!

The following users thanked this post: Cyberdragon, blacksheeplogic

Offline Cyberdragon

• Super Contributor
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2019, 01:50:13 pm »
Comments are still up on both Zero Breeze vids and no amount of AC is gonna cool the heat coming off them. His like/dislike ratio is definately tanking (assuming every insult is a thumbs down). His subs are probably still just as stupid, but his channel is totally wrecked.
*BZZZZZZAAAAAP*
Voltamort strikes again!
Explodingus - someone who frequently causes accidental explosions

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2019, 12:17:56 am »

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2019, 12:20:35 am »
Comments are still up on both Zero Breeze vids and no amount of AC is gonna cool the heat coming off them. His like/dislike ratio is definately tanking (assuming every insult is a thumbs down). His subs are probably still just as stupid, but his channel is totally wrecked.

Yep, it's wrecked.
Comments disabled entirely on many new videos because of massive comment bombing. Lack of thumbs data means no engagement, so that will be take a hit on his channels search ranking as well. Plus all the time to moderate comments.
All entirely self inflicted  :palm:

Offline Cyberdragon

• Super Contributor
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2019, 03:24:58 am »
If the guy deletes his channel it would be funny to see Thunderf00t do a fake memorial where he plays Amazing Grace for about 10 seconds saying  "we will always remember a small Youtube channel that died today" before going full overdrive distortion showing screenshots of all the crap that went down including the disabled comments and stuff, the nasty comments left on the vids he missed, before ending with a "pop" and the channel going poof.

And of course it has to include the scene from "Cats and Dogs" where Mr.Tinkles goes "you are all fired! That's right, fired! Go home now! Do not ask why! You have no one to blame but yourselves!" >:D
*BZZZZZZAAAAAP*
Voltamort strikes again!

The following users thanked this post: Ysjoelfir

Offline ebastler

• Super Contributor
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2019, 11:22:47 am »
I normally enjoy the "Dodgy Technology" threads here -- some hilarious technology claims, and usually some good technical arguments to debunk them.

But a thread, on a forum associated with a Youtube channel, about two other Youtube channels which are fighting it out over copyright claims? Sigh...   :( 

Guys, real life is just outside, beyond that monitor in front of you and the next window! And there is even some content about real life on that monitor, if you look in the right places...

The following users thanked this post: amyk

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2019, 11:37:27 am »
Guys, real life is just outside, beyond that monitor in front of you and the next window! And there is even some content about real life on that monitor, if you look in the right places...

Said the person who just posted here instead of ignoring the thread?  :-//

The following users thanked this post: Kean, Ysjoelfir

Offline ebastler

• Super Contributor
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2019, 11:41:03 am »

Said the person who just posted here instead of ignoring the thread?  :-//

Yes, since my "real life" alternative is my desk in the office at the moment.  :P

The following users thanked this post: Ysjoelfir

Offline Kean

• Supporter
  • Embedded systems & IT consultant
    • Kean Electronics
« Reply #33 on: September 29, 2019, 01:58:46 am »
Leonard French has posted an analysis of this whole drama
I haven't watched it yet, but he is normally really good at this stuff

Offline Cyberdragon

• Super Contributor
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2019, 03:14:27 pm »
I posted that on mayiandjay's video, he's probably gonna take it down soon. >:D I'm supprised he even bothered to post a new video at all (Dave already started the troll train XD).
*BZZZZZZAAAAAP*
Voltamort strikes again!

Offline Nominal Animal

• Super Contributor
    • My home page and email address
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2019, 06:20:51 pm »
What is it that makes it so hard for people to admit being wrong?

I mean, whenever I point out someones error, no matter how egregious, and they answer with a ow crap, you're right; lemme fix this, all I feel is :-+.
When I err, and someone points it out and helps me fix it, I feel like :-+, because I am no longer giving bad advice; it's like I feel we worked together, and well too.
Sure, it stings a bit being wrong, and makes me cringe, definitely, but I consider that the (small!) price for learning.

So.. why?  :scared:

Offline T3sl4co1l

• Super Contributor
  • Expert, Analog Electronics, PCB Layout, EMC
    • Seven Transistor Labs
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2019, 11:43:47 pm »
Because some people grew up with primarily emotional rather than rational arguments, and the winner of an argument is opposite for the two cases.  Later in life, they apply what they've learned to other situations, and fail to realize that they're only making things worse.

It's a negative feedback system, programmed into basic human psychology.  Take that feeling of cringe.  What if it bothered you more?  What if it bothered you so much, you would do anything to avoid feeling it?  Why, you'd lash out of course.  And that searing rage gives you emotional validation, further reinforcing the reaction.

It's fair to say it's a negative feedback system, because emotional responses are always stronger than rational ones, even in well trained, rational people.

Tim
Seven Transistor Labs, LLC
Electronic design, from concept to prototype.
Bringing a project to life?  Send me a message!

The following users thanked this post: Nominal Animal

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #37 on: September 30, 2019, 12:40:46 am »
I posted that on mayiandjay's video, he's probably gonna take it down soon. >:D I'm supprised he even bothered to post a new video at all (Dave already started the troll train XD).

I'm surprised he approved my comment  :o

Offline Cyberdragon

• Super Contributor
« Reply #38 on: September 30, 2019, 12:59:28 am »

He's given up on moderating it seems. You can troll on his rebuttal video too (as I said it probably means he's gonna delete it). 
*BZZZZZZAAAAAP*
Voltamort strikes again!

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #39 on: September 30, 2019, 01:21:32 am »

He's given up on moderating it seems. You can troll on his rebuttal video too (as I said it probably means he's gonna delete it).

I have half a dozen comments on the rubuttal video sitting on his moderation cue, or just deleted.

Offline Cyberdragon

• Super Contributor
« Reply #40 on: September 30, 2019, 01:59:12 am »

I have half a dozen comments on the rubuttal video sitting on his moderation cue, or just deleted.

huh, when did you post them, 'cuase there are certainly a lot of comments calling him out now.
*BZZZZZZAAAAAP*
Voltamort strikes again!

Offline scatterandfocus

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #41 on: September 30, 2019, 02:14:14 am »
Seeing the advertisements for that thing is hilarious alone.   :-DD  It is it's very own parody. 

But it seems we're living in the age where marketing schemes trump all, whether it is used for products, politics, music/art, general perceptions, whatever.

Any way, watch the tale end of this video:

Everyone is selling something these days, it seems, where crap products are pushed as useful, bad products are pushed as good, and even good products are pushed as being bad.  The lack of integrity today has no bounds, and the levels of deception run deep and wide.

Offline maginnovision

• Super Contributor
« Reply #42 on: September 30, 2019, 02:44:52 am »
That's an odd video. He tests it honestly and then says despite the fact that it does nothing the wind itself couldn't already do he'd want one. I'd guess not enough to pay for it.

Offline scatterandfocus

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #43 on: September 30, 2019, 02:59:12 am »
That's an odd video. He tests it honestly and then says despite the fact that it does nothing the wind itself couldn't already do he'd want one. I'd guess not enough to pay for it.

Deceptive marketing is twisted stuff.  Look at the comments.  People today don't care what sort of lies they have to spin to sell things.  It seems they will say anything to avoid real work.

He says over and over that it is his mate's, not his.  Then further down in the comments he says:

LOL, well thats we test items like these for you to make up your mind if its something that tickles your fancy. We were lucky to be given one on loan for a test. If i had a big ass trailer with tons of space it would be part of the gear though. But for my rig it does not work.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2019, 03:12:59 am by scatterandfocus »

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #44 on: September 30, 2019, 03:40:16 am »

huh, when did you post them, 'cuase there are certainly a lot of comments calling him out now.

When the video first came out. Only one out of maybe 6 were approved and started to get thumbs up until I edited it and must have put it back into the moderation cue.
Just posted a new comment under EEVblog2 as a test, hasn't shown up so far...

Offline Cyberdragon

• Super Contributor
« Reply #45 on: September 30, 2019, 04:51:13 am »
IDK then, maybe he's finally gonna do an apology or something? Can't explain why the actual truth is getting through, hare dare there be honest comments and not his few meager fanbois. (Though is does say 41 comments and there seems to be far less so maybe he's even deleting his fan comments)

My personal favorite comment is the guy who was watching modded Minecraft and went down a rabbit-hole of suggested videos before ending up on that one and claiming "I take no sides". :wtf: :-DD It's fallout is starting to affect innocent bystanders!
*BZZZZZZAAAAAP*
Voltamort strikes again!

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #46 on: September 30, 2019, 05:47:09 am »
IDK then, maybe he's finally gonna do an apology or something? Can't explain why the actual truth is getting through, hare dare there be honest comments and not his few meager fanbois. (Though is does say 41 comments and there seems to be far less so maybe he's even deleting his fan comments)

He was getting hundreds of comments per video, all negative, some with thousands of thumbs down. He disabled comments entirely on those videos.
His comment moderation must still be filled with new ones every day, maybe some slip though.

Offline amyk

• Super Contributor
« Reply #47 on: October 03, 2019, 03:23:38 am »
I know MayiandJay only from his reviews of Android-running iPhone clones several years ago, I didn't think it was that big of a channel... :-//

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #48 on: October 03, 2019, 07:38:10 am »
I know MayiandJay only from his reviews of Android-running iPhone clones several years ago, I didn't think it was that big of a channel... :-//

It's not.
And it gets 5% sub to view ratio on many videos, so not a very loyal viewer base.

Offline MrMobodies

• Super Contributor
« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2019, 01:09:02 am »
Seeing the advertisements for that thing is hilarious alone.   :-DD  It is it's very own parody. 

But it seems we're living in the age where marketing schemes trump all, whether it is used for products, politics, music/art, general perceptions, whatever.

Everyone is selling something these days, it seems, where crap products are pushed as useful, bad products are pushed as good, and even good products are pushed as being bad.  The lack of integrity today has no bounds, and the levels of deception run deep and wide.

Doesn't name says it all on this one?

They did name it "Zero Breeze" so I didn't expect much despite the claims

On the partial tear down below at the end he claims it does give it a little bit of cold air.

The grill on that mark 2 frightens me a bit it looks like some kind of insect/worm with teeth.

What I like about Thunderfoot on this one is that he explains how air conditioning works very easily with gas heating and cooling on compressing and expanding all demonstrated in his lab with his equipment doing the thermal monitoring and that's what I call educational.

Edit:

I have found a partial teardown:

« Last Edit: October 04, 2019, 01:29:56 am by MrMobodies »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf