Author Topic: The Anti-EMF Watch by Timex...  (Read 2628 times)

Offline Deodand2014Topic starter

• Regular Contributor
The Anti-EMF Watch by Timex...
« on: August 07, 2019, 10:12:00 am »
Just spotted this on a Skeptical forum.

Each TESLAR watch features proprietary TESLAR Technology in the form of a Turbo Chip that works in synchronization with the battery of the watch to mimic Earth’s natural frequency.

he technology uses the measurable electric field in the watch’s battery along with the magnetic field of the coil in order to create a zero-point waveform with a scalar pulse of 7 to 9 times per second (7-9Hz). This frequency is transmitted into the body’s energy system through the chip on the back of the timepiece, strengthening the body’s natural bio-field to better defend itself from electromagnetic exposure.

And they have 'scientific evidence' too...

https://www.watchuseek.com/must-feel-monday-timex-introduces-teslar-the-new-wearable-wellness-watch/

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
Re: The Anti-EMF Watch by Timex...
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2019, 10:14:59 am »
Added Timex to my shit list.

The following users thanked this post: Ysjoelfir

Offline Cyberdragon

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2019, 02:13:14 pm »
It not only has illogical nonesense for an explanation like the lowest form of woo...it has a disclamer...and a comment >:D
*BZZZZZZAAAAAP*
Voltamort strikes again!
Explodingus - someone who frequently causes accidental explosions

Offline vealmike

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2019, 04:17:40 pm »
    As I happen to have an account on WUS, I've posted the following...

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f2/shameful-wus-article-timex-tesla-5008809.html#post49568221

Quote from: vealmike on WUS

https://www.watchuseek.com/must-feel-monday-timex-introduces-teslar-the-new-wearable-wellness-watch/

I'm sorry but this entire article is utter woo and babble. WUS should be ashamed. I strongly suspect that the author has just repeated what ever marketing garbage he's been fed without questioning or understanding a single word.

Some snippets:
Quote from: Article author, Michael Weare
A build-up of electromagnetic pollution can cause harmful side effects such as stress, anxiety, low energy, poor sleep, dizziness, and even hormone imbalance.
Well for starters, electromagnetic fields do not "build up". When you turn on a radio transmitter, computer or any high frequency device, it will emit electromagnetic radiation (we call 'em radio waves). The intensity of the field decreases rapidly as you move away from the source. Turn off the source and the field disappears. Leaving the source on does not lead to a increase or build up in field levels.

Then the second half of this statement goes on to attribute health issues to the emissions. I've yet to see a single medical study that conclusively proves any such links. Perhaps the author would like to back up his claim by citing such a study.

Could the author please explain exactly what this picture depicts? I don't believe there is a widely accepted definition of a biofield. Is this a plot of electromagnetic emission from the body? It looks like a meaningless marketing image to me.
The World Health Organization estimates that about 30% of the population in industrial economies, amounting to approximately 300 million people, suffer from hypersensitivity to electromagnetic frequencies.
Nope, they don't. A very quick google turned up this: https://www.who.int/peh-emf/publications/reports/EHS_Proceedings_June2006.pdf . My explanatory additions to the original text in bold.
Quote from: World Health Organisation
The term "Idiopathic Environmental Intolerance (IEI) with attribution to Electromagnetic field (EMF)" was proposed by the working group to replace EHS (electromagnetic field hypersensitivity)  since the latter implies that a causal relationship has been established between the reported symptoms and EMF...

The majority of studies indicate that IEI individuals cannot detect EMF exposure any more accurately than non-IEI individuals. By and large well controlled and conducted double-blind studies have shown that symptoms do not seem to be correlated with EMF exposure.
Please provide a link to the WHO statement you're quoting from.

Each TESLAR watch features proprietary TESLAR Technology in the form of a Turbo Chip that works in synchronization with the battery of the watch to mimic Earth’s natural frequency.
Well the watch battery has a static electric field. It is barely measurable but it is there. The Earths magnetic field is also static. It doesn't have a frequency. Is the author referring to some other changing field around our planet? If so, please explain which field. If not, perhaps he could explain how you synchronise something that doesn't vary with something that doesn't vary.

The technology uses the measurable electric field in the watch’s battery along with the magnetic field of the coil in order to create a zero-point waveform with a scalar pulse of 7 to 9 times per second (7-9Hz).
OK, I'll admit it. Despite studying electronics for 7 years and working at the bleeding edge for the last 25 years, I have no idea what you're talking about. Could you please explain what "a zero-point waveform with a scalar pulse" actually is?

Scientific studies in laboratory settings have demonstrated TESLAR Technology:
[LIST=1]
  • May reduce the negative effects of stress
  • May help the body resist the negative effects of EMF radiation
  • Enhances immune response in the presence of EMF
Oh great, a proper peer reviewed scientific study. Can we have a link please?
*TESLAR Technology user’s effects may vary. Any effects felt by TESLAR Technology are dependent upon the user’s general awareness. TESLAR Technology does not claim effects will be felt on every user. TESLAR technology is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Oh, look at that! Disclaimers. I was pretty sure that the earlier part of this article claimed 300 million people were suffering from EMH, if that's not a disease what is it? And if this watch doesn't treat the disease of EMH, can we safely assume it does absolutely nothing more than tell the time?

The following users thanked this post: AndyC_772, Cyberdragon, Ysjoelfir, Cubdriver, bd139

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2019, 04:31:50 pm »
Apparently when you put the watch on your photoshop skills improve  :-DD

The following users thanked this post: JVR

Offline ogden

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2019, 05:40:22 pm »
So sad that Timex can revert to such BS. Seems like they ran out of *actual* ideas. BTW in year 1995 they introduced first smart watch: http://www.digitalwatchlibrary.com/DWL/1work/timex-datalink-1501/

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2019, 05:49:52 pm »
I had one of them. The cheaper one with the brown leather strap. Great bit of kit even if it did give you a fit every time you did a transfer to it.

Offline ogden

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2019, 06:02:03 pm »
Great bit of kit even if it did give you a fit every time you did a transfer to it.

LOL yes. My colleague had such as well, he made S-hook to hang his watch in a middle of CRT monitor. Worked well for him.

Offline StillTrying

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2019, 06:10:52 pm »
So sad that Timex can revert to such BS.

Yes, I googled some to check if it was real, it goes to show that no amount of wealth or success can overcome stupidity.

The watch seems to make your biofield much worse. :palm:
« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 10:19:54 pm by StillTrying »
.  That took much longer than I thought it would.

The following users thanked this post: ogden, bd139

Online SiliconWizard

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2019, 09:15:03 pm »
So what exactly is a biofield anyway?

Offline bd139

• Super Contributor
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2019, 09:22:48 pm »
The field created by the alignment of the bollocks particles.

Online SiliconWizard

• Super Contributor
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2019, 09:43:01 pm »
They said: never mind the bollocks!

Offline Cyberdragon

• Super Contributor
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2019, 03:08:55 am »
So what exactly is a biofield anyway?

The amount of energy left in their brain neurons...the readings are dangerously low. :-DMM :bullshit:

I'm afraid we have to call it doctor...they are brain dead neanderthals...the reading has reached "pet rock" ::)
*BZZZZZZAAAAAP*
Voltamort strikes again!
Explodingus - someone who frequently causes accidental explosions

Offline kerouanton

• Regular Contributor
  • Just curious about science, radio etc.
    • Sometimes I play with radio
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2019, 01:40:35 pm »
Anything can be sold, and the more bullshit it is, the more expensive it can be. As the audio cables and more "high-end" gadgets.

What annoys me more, is that it's becoming frequent that luxury companies, with marketing budget are able to disseminate such concepts to anyone, thus contributing more and more to legitimation of those pseudo-sciences.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/robertanaas/2019/05/31/timex-luxury-group-unveils-teslar-swiss-made-watch-that-it-says-is-not-a-watch/

and the official site:
https://www.timexgroupluxurydivision.com/teslar

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf