Author Topic: Tesla Files (sbs)  (Read 1910 times)

Offline fredaTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Tesla Files (sbs)
« on: July 27, 2020, 01:44:41 am »
can catch up on https://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/video/1763071043523/the-tesla-files-the-colorado-experiment

But fair warning! you may risk losing brain cells |O

I'm particularly feel sorry for that director of Tesla Museum in Belgrade, having to put up with those 3 'Muricans who really
acted like a bunch of prissy pricks, on camera!
BTW, the show is presented in that same fake excited tone, just like that silly Search for Hitler series that went for 3 f##@@ seasons!! :palm: :palm:

I'll continue to watch because hey, Electricity. And and this is what the uneducated will think they are now privy to some secret knowledge :-DD

Offline Cyberdragon

• Super Contributor
Re: Tesla Files (sbs)
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2020, 02:11:01 am »
Oh fucking hell...not again...not more Telsa nuts :horse:

EDIT: Ah, sorry OP, I see you are new here, not yelling at you. We just went through the spin cycle trying to explain basic science to a Telsa nut in another thread in this section (it's obvious which one). It was traumatizing to our faith in humanity...

deco...I swear if you defend these guys I'll summon my mystical Z-rays and yeet you into the 8-th dimension Buckaroo Bonzai style...
« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 03:44:58 am by Cyberdragon »
*BZZZZZZAAAAAP*
Voltamort strikes again!
Explodingus - someone who frequently causes accidental explosions

Offline Deco56

• Regular Contributor
  • !
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2020, 04:41:29 pm »
Look at us, we are at the peak of scientific knowledge and anyone who claims otherwise is an obvious fool. We already know everything there is to know. :-DD :-DD

Offline AVGresponding

• Super Contributor
  • Exploring Rabbit Holes Since The 1970s
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2020, 04:56:30 pm »
Look at us, we are at the peak of scientific knowledge and anyone who claims otherwise is an obvious fool. We already know everything there is to know. :-DD :-DD

Reductio ad absurdum.

If you make a claim, you must show evidence to back it up.

This is how life works, in every area except religion, where faith is held up as "proof".
nuqDaq yuch Dapol?
Addiction count: Agilent-AVO-BlackStar-Brymen-Chauvin Arnoux-Fluke-GenRad-Hameg-HP-Keithley-IsoTech-Mastech-Megger-Metrix-Micronta-Racal-RFL-Siglent-Solartron-Tektronix-Thurlby-Time Electronics-TTi-UniT

The following users thanked this post: Cyberdragon

Offline Cyberdragon

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2020, 05:01:17 pm »
You failed to heed my warning...

prepare to meet your fellow Red Lectroids...
*BZZZZZZAAAAAP*
Voltamort strikes again!
Explodingus - someone who frequently causes accidental explosions

Offline Haenk

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2020, 11:48:52 am »
AFAIR Tesla was severely mentally ill and constantly trying to find new investors for increasingly crazy and "promising" experiments because he was broke.
So while I would consider him to be a quasi-genius and many of his early inventions were incredible, I would assume all of his later ideas to be just crazy, to rip off investors. I don't know if he actually believed these things might work.

Offline joeqsmith

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2020, 11:30:20 am »
I didn't personally know him as he died long before my time and really don't know much about his works other than the things we use on a day to day basis.   

I watched most of the episode on the car company Tesla.  Some fine craftsmanship shown there.   I watched the part about the RC boat.  It was a big letdown when they ran the cable to it.    The ground radar of the base of the tower was interesting to see the horizontal ground.   I can just imagine him trying everything possible to get that system to work.   I'm sure he believed it could be done on a large scale, but I don't share that vision.     

Normally, when you scam, the idea is to set aside the cash for yourself to pay for your hookers, boats and drugs.   Not spend it all on the project and then some.

Offline gbaddeley

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2020, 12:31:37 pm »
The section on the RC boat was truly cringe-worthy. It was completely laughable and insulting to anyone who knows about the relevant Tesla technologies. They obviously did not engage anyone with expertise in the area as a consultant. The Tesla coil setup was a joke, with a fake superimposed arc.
Glenn

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf