Author Topic: Solving Tesla's Patent 512,340 for Free Energy, Warp Drives and Religious Uses  (Read 3479 times)

Offline joeqsmithTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Place holder for future experiments...

Background:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nikola_Tesla

Patent:
https://patentimages.storage.googleapis.com/0b/3c/ab/eb51aebe935f8c/US512340.pdf

Coil1:  Cut off roughly 40" of Belden Mag Wire 18AWG.  Two roughly 20" sections. 

Coil2:  Taped the two wires together for length of 0.43 meters.   Using Wiki parallel wire, I calculated 39pF.  Measured 38.54pF.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Capacitance

Coil3&4: Coil stabilized with glue.  ID is roughly 9.5mm.  Turns is 5.8ish.  Two two coils are placed in series, giving us roughly 4X the single coils inductance.  I calculated 3.4uH.   Measured with both RLC meters at roughly 3.2uH.   

LiteVNA_TDR1&2, Coil5:  SMA was attached to the coil.  LiteVNA was used to measure S11.  Length measures roughly 459mm.   

LiteVNA_resfreq: Resonates at 15MHz.  This suggests a bit of error but seems in the ballpark.

LiteVNA_resfreq2: Looking at the resonance up  to 6GHz.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2024, 03:39:13 pm by joeqsmith »

The following users thanked this post: shabaz, thm_w, Haenk

Online TimFox

• Super Contributor
  • Retired, now restoring antique test equipment
Strange choice of verb.
Do you mean "applying" or "exploiting" the patent?

Offline Stray Electron

• Super Contributor
  I didn't read the patent but how does religion fit into all of this?  Is it some kind mind control that can be electronically controlled? Is Elon applying for some kind of patent that will allow him to control all of the world's religions and make them pay him a share of their profits?

It's not April 1rst.

Offline joabel1971

• Contributor
  • !
  I didn't read the patent but how does religion fit into all of this?  Is it some kind mind control that can be electronically controlled? Is Elon applying for some kind of patent that will allow him to control all of the world's religions and make them pay him a share of their profits?

It's not April 1rst.

Religion and Free Energy DOES NOT fit into this.  It was never mentioned until Joe Smith built this little thread 2 hours ago.
This thread is the result of Joe Smith making defamatory actions - because he can't stand being stood up to (or being wrong).   

He's made a number of defamatory comments - through the prior thread.

He's been reported multiple times now - for not being able to stick to the subject, and attempting to attach his words to other people (such as myself).   Nothing to see here.     

Offline joabel1971

• Contributor
  • !
Strange choice of verb.
Do you mean "applying" or "exploiting" the patent?

He used that verb, because that's what was trying to be done - Solve and analyze patent 512,340.   Current calculations don't exist for patent 512,340, and use of NanoVNAs could contribute to the real solution.   However, Joe wishes to stand in the way, defame, lie, discredit, and steal good ideas.   

Joe Smith (and the biased, blinded actions of Dave Jones the moderator) are good examples of - why these forums don't help the progression of science.
Dave's forum is simply a distraction FROM that - and Joe's software (as pretty as it might look) - isn't tested or verified.   

Joe might know some bits about programming (based on formulas in a book) - but from my experience with his aggressive, sarcastic and insincere motivations - has no understanding of independent thinking or the scientific method. 

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
Joe Smith (and the biased, blinded actions of Dave Jones the moderator) are good examples of - why these forums don't help the progression of science.

The following users thanked this post: Stray Electron, Ian.M, Haenk

Offline joabel1971

• Contributor
  • !

Wow, that's a great picture of you Joe.   Purple looks great on you. 

Offline Haenk

• Super Contributor

Grab a potatoe-camera first, a fishbowl for your microphone, close the curtains, dim the light, create a nice table out of your old Budweiser cans - and nothing can hold you back!

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog

You need one of these:

• Super Contributor
Willy Wonka needs no meams.  Pure imagination.   :-DD :-DD

• Super Contributor
There's also this classic:

• Super Contributor
https://waveguide.blog/history-tesla-coil-geometries/

As early as 1893, Tesla already patented a very unique flat spiral coil design, now commonly known as the “bifilar pancake coil”. This coil was wound using two parallel wires, and then connecting the end of one to the beginning of the other wire. This setup resulted in a larger difference in potential between the turns, and therefore a much larger self-capacitance in the coil, with the goal to do away with expensive capacitors altogether, and let the coil itself contain all the capacitance it needs to oscillate at a certain frequency:

“My present invention has for its object to avoid the employment of condensers which are expensive, cumbersome and difficult to maintain in perfect condition, and to so construct the coils themselves as to accomplish the same ultimate object.” 22

However, Tesla kept using capacitors, mainly Leyden jars, in many of his later experiments. So even though the idea behind the bifilar coil is brilliant, it seems like Tesla did not find it useful enough in practise.

• Super Contributor
I would suggest any test equipment/software in the wrong hands is indeed useless.   

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
I would suggest any test equipment/software in the wrong hands is indeed useless.

:-DD

Offline JPortici

• Super Contributor
Willy Wonka needs no meams.  Pure imagination.   :-DD :-DD

have you looked at one of les claypool's from the era?

you're in for a treat
album: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL4cFJtUcmjZkEykc0wGjUidXWkKuc8WLz
live:

• Super Contributor
U.S. Supreme Court
Marconi Wireless Tel. Co. v. United States, 320 U.S. 1 (1943)

https://supreme.justia.com/cases/federal/us/320/1/

Offline Xena E

• Frequent Contributor
Extract:

"Merely making a known element of a known combination adjustable by a means of adjustment known to the art, when no new or unexpected result is obtained, is not invention. P. 320 U. S. 32."

or, to put it another way:

🖕😉

The following users thanked this post: RJSV

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf