Author Topic: Grants for Warp Drive Designs.  (Read 1676 times)

TimFox, Fenton Bresler and 6 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline Alex Eisenhut

• Super Contributor
  • Place text here.
Re: Grants for Warp Drive Designs.
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2024, 06:26:59 pm »
Boink? Seriously? You really think advanced alien technology would go "boink"?  :-DD

You're right, advanced alien technology sounds suspiciously like a crappy 1960s intercom followed by a Moog hit.

https://youtu.be/B78dZ39iSSY?t=42

He bricked 1960s Lily Allen!

I think an important thing OP overlooked is how will warp drive sound like to the travelers? I really like the TNG background noise of the Enterprise, which apparently is mostly caused by the matter-antimatter core running.
Hoarder of 8-bit Commodore relics and 1960s Tektronix 500-series stuff. Unconventional interior decorator.

The following users thanked this post: Gyro

Online Gyro

• Super Contributor
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2024, 06:59:39 pm »
Boink? Seriously? You really think advanced alien technology would go "boink"?  :-DD

You're right, advanced alien technology sounds suspiciously like a crappy 1960s intercom followed by a Moog hit.

https://youtu.be/B78dZ39iSSY?t=42

He bricked 1960s Lily Allen!

I think an important thing OP overlooked is how will warp drive sound like to the travelers? I really like the TNG background noise of the Enterprise, which apparently is mostly caused by the matter-antimatter core running.

Indeed, it's vitally important that such a system should have the convincing muted rumble of well calibrated matter-antimatter mix, no groans, creaks or squeaks. It should also look the part (which is where most of these YouTube 'advanced technologies' fall down). It should be large, cylindrical, and have rotating muted blue or white rotating segments (other patterns possibly acceptable). Obviously two cylinders in tandem configuration is preferable!

« Last Edit: July 20, 2024, 07:03:18 pm by Gyro »
Best Regards, Chris

Offline MK14

• Super Contributor
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2024, 07:44:09 pm »
UAH researcher leads groundbreaking paper that demonstrates for the first time a subluminal warp drive is possible through known physics

https://www.uah.edu/news/news/uah-researcher-leads-groundbreaking-paper-that-demonstrates-for-the-first-time-a-subluminal-warp-drive-is-possible-through-known-physics

Offline joabel1971Topic starter

• Contributor
  • !
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2024, 07:58:57 pm »

However there are a few cases where conventional physics thinking has been challenged and even defeated, most common case in point is the semiconductor technology we all posses in our latest iPhones, laptops, and computers.

The chips involved should not be possible with conventional physics thinking, how on earth can one create a mass batch produced 3~5nm feature size chip with ~30 billion active devices within the size of a small fingernail, and with a wafer yield high enough to make the overall effort profitable :o

Another example is the Metamaterials which posses a Negative Index of Refraction :o

Also something we were involved with way back in mid 2000, which violated conventional physics theory for Bi-Phase Mixing (Multiplication by +-1) or even the mathematics of such. Conventional physics and applied mathematics teach the theoretical limit for a perfect Bi-Phase Mixing results in the reduction of the fundamental output by 2/pi or 3.92dB, thus the Noise Figure of a perfect Bi-Phase Mixer must be greater than 3.92dB.

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/rf-microwave/polyphase-or-n-path-mixer/

Electrical Engineering uses something called "Imaginary numbers" to model Smith Charts - but that terminology is only used to distinguish real from reactive components within a circuit.   It doesn't mean you can actually calculate SQRT(-1) - it's just a modeling convention (an interpretation).

The same goes for your examples.

What does this have to do with the concept of the PolyPhase Mixer? BTW Mathematicians use "i" and Engineers use "j" simply because "i" is dedicated to current in EE terms.

You can imagine the flack received when the PolyPhase Mixer (PPM) was discussed with most folks predicting and showing NF <2dB (today likely measured <1dB), however when we discussed this concept to a couple DARPA Program Managers at an IEEE conference they listened.  Later we were awarded a very large $ contract with part due to the PPM, and later a special session was created at DARPA HQ just for this topic :-+

A few isolated cases are given here - but Newtonian Mechanics offers more than a few.   In fact, if you look hard enough, and reevaluate even your above examples - there's potentially a Newtonian way to describe them, as well.  But, people like shortcuts to describe things.  

Has nothing to do with Newtonian Mechanics or anything related to such, how does your NM explain the Fourier Analysis of Bi-Phase Multiplication and the PolyPhase Mixer?

So sometimes physics "rules" can be broken, but one must be very careful as there are many many claims of such and one should investigate the sources in detail before "buying in" ::) 

Actually, no - the rules of Newtonian cannot be broken.   That's a false statement. 

Physics entails quite a bit more than Newtonian, how does your Newtonian Physics explain Quantum Entanglement, Semiconductor Physics, atomic and sub-atomic behavior, the emission of photons from a PN junction, and so on?

Don't hide, we are all awaiting your detailed explanations of how your Newtonian Mechanics can explain all the concepts you state it can. Here's your chance to show your total understanding of such :-+ 

Best,

Looks like your moderator & guys like Dave Jones & Joe Smith are just as close-minded as some of the silly questions posed here.  So, without consideration - they moved a completely Newtonian idea & project - to the EEVBlog virtual wastebasket.   Regardless, you can see from the forms that my design is also listed as a new methodology for making graphene.   Again, no Quantum Theory required.   Looks like people have something to lose by brainstorming about it.   It's a sad, brainwashed group that EEVBlog has attracted.   Bye folks.   
« Last Edit: July 20, 2024, 08:03:26 pm by joabel1971 »

Offline Alex Eisenhut

• Super Contributor
  • Place text here.
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2024, 08:22:42 pm »
Wah wah wah, what a crybaby. You realize you sound like every net/usenet kook since the before times? Like Archimedes Plutonium.

PS: Learn to reply without block quoting an entire thread.

Bye folks.   

Promise?
Hoarder of 8-bit Commodore relics and 1960s Tektronix 500-series stuff. Unconventional interior decorator.

The following users thanked this post: MK14, hem213

Offline joeqsmith

• Super Contributor
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2024, 11:40:24 pm »
Wah wah wah, what a crybaby. You realize you sound like every net/usenet kook since the before times? Like Archimedes Plutonium.

PS: Learn to reply without block quoting an entire thread.

Bye folks.   

Promise?

Based on their previous post, I doubt it. 

However, without guilt - I can now continue forward, since I've been given very civil & useful responses - from members of different forums.   

Offline joeqsmith

• Super Contributor
« Reply #31 on: Yesterday at 12:06:48 am »
One must consider when defying conventional physics the sources of this thinking. For any credibility these sources must have an extensive underlying knowledge and full understanding of conventional physics with a full formal education in such, then and only then can those sources be taken seriously.

They have several videos similar to the one below on string theory.   "Singularity (black hole) conditions to create a Tesla antenna".  Honing their sales pitch.   :-DD :-DD

Offline joeqsmith

• Super Contributor
« Reply #32 on: Yesterday at 12:12:39 am »
Witness a brilliant mind at work:
https://youtu.be/DXwK4clZlgM?t=219

:-DD :-DD

Offline MK14

• Super Contributor
« Reply #33 on: Yesterday at 12:53:38 am »
A rough and ready, quick analysis of the OP.  Possibly wrong on my part.

Having a quick look at their videos (assuming it is the same person), it seems they are someone, who seems to believe that some relatively simple, not necessarily accurate or rigorous, experiments.  With what seems to be, limited scientific/engineering knowledge.

Can perform such experiments, in their kitchen/outside (or wherever it was),  possibly loosely based on Tesla or other peoples, work.

Then invent/demonstrate things such as free energy.

Then are empowered, to go on forum(s), and insist on various theories, they have supposedly proved.

Finally going into a big pussy-fit, when others don't immediately believe in their theories.

Usually with such people.  You can spend many days/weeks/years, trying to inform them of the errors of their ways.  But, it usually falls on deaf ears.

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink the anti-free-energy flavored river water.

Example of one of their (possibly free-energy in the way of Hydrogen production) videos:

Example of viewers free-energy comments:
@dustinbrandel59
2 years ago
Everyone needs to build thier own devices and use them discreetly, instead of patenting and selling, which could make u a target. Even make extras for others, free of charge. Afterall, "free" energy shouldn't be about money.

I like the following comment:
@justthinkalittle8913
3 years ago
You have absolutely no idea what you're doing.

The following users thanked this post: xrunner

Offline joeqsmith

• Super Contributor
« Reply #34 on: Yesterday at 01:10:43 am »
Having a quick look at their videos (assuming it is the same person),

No need to assume.  From their post:https://www.eevblog.com/forum/rf-microwave/nanovna-custom-software/msg5575465/#msg5575465,  they provided the following link:

http://arizonaenergy.org/News_12/News_Jun12/VolunteerJonAbelbannedfromNDSUforStanleyMeyerslabresearch.html 

Where they provide links to their channel

Again, look at my pictures on Facebook under "Jon Abel".

The videos that show resonance:

(June 1st, 2011)
(unpublished -  3 minute continuation - showing actual resonance).

That story they link provides a lot of insight.  Do searches from that and you get some hits of really bizarre behaviors:

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/rf-microwave/nanovna-custom-software/msg5576035/#msg5576035
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/rf-microwave/nanovna-custom-software/msg5576067/#msg5576067

The following users thanked this post: MK14

Offline MK14

• Super Contributor
« Reply #35 on: Yesterday at 01:43:05 am »
Do searches from that and you get some hits of really bizarre behaviors:

Thanks, I managed to find the following:
https://highvoltageforum.net/index.php?topic=2377.msg17484#msg17484

Which allows one to download a PDF version of one of their papers, on their stuff.
(This:   Impermeable Plasma Barrier (03-11-2023).pdf (3808.39 kB - downloaded 173 times.)

Which makes pretty WILD reading.

I can't seem to link to the PDF directly, without it including a big amount of google tracking nonsense.

Offline Alex Eisenhut

• Super Contributor
  • Place text here.
« Reply #36 on: Yesterday at 02:38:21 am »
You see these types of posts pop up regularly, and in the best cases become memorable personalities/memes/what have you.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet_personality

I remember such people from the Amiga days, it never changes.

This guy has been flogging some poorly-defined ... thing ... on the Amiga for 30 years

https://threeseas.net/vicprint/Virtual_Interaction_Configuration.html

etc etc etc

Even in the '80s in the BBS days there were people like that but there's no online trace of those anymore.

Offline hem213

• Contributor
« Reply #37 on: Yesterday at 04:24:38 am »

Where are these goofy posts coming from? There seem to be a lot of them here on this forum lately.

Quite literally all of them are coming from OP, like he is everywhere on this forum doing this foolishness

Offline Haenk

• Super Contributor
« Reply #38 on: Yesterday at 05:13:04 am »
I'd really like to see all those backlinks removed. A backlink from a reputable forum is worth a lot in these days, raising the (calculated) "reputation" of the nonsense-science. I'm sure there even is software available to translate a backlink into Google "value".

The following users thanked this post: AVGresponding

Offline joeqsmith

• Super Contributor
« Reply #39 on: Yesterday at 01:03:00 pm »

Which allows one to download a PDF version of one of their papers, on their stuff.
(This:   Impermeable Plasma Barrier (03-11-2023).pdf (3808.39 kB - downloaded 173 times.)

I can't seem to link to the PDF directly, without it including a big amount of google tracking nonsense.

He had posted that same paper along with another here:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/rf-microwave/nanovna-custom-software/msg5575031/#msg5575031

Looks like he pushed Dave once too often.   :-DD 

Offline Alex Eisenhut

• Super Contributor
  • Place text here.
« Reply #40 on: Yesterday at 08:39:15 pm »

Online coppercone2

• Super Contributor
  • $
« Reply #41 on: Yesterday at 08:45:02 pm »
I still wanna know how a piezo works with a air gap because of all that piezo impulse drive thing.

If you have the correct ceramic, but its not metalized, if you put it in a capacitor, it still will shake right? No one ever answered that one. I was gonna try but i still need to fix the kepco :-\

I thought that for any debunking or experiments, it might be horribly helpful NOT to need metalized ceramic to make a piezo shake lol

I thought that idea was more interesting, the idea that general relativity is missing something about how a capacitor behaves under multiple frequencies
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 08:48:29 pm by coppercone2 »

Offline MK14

• Super Contributor
« Reply #42 on: Today at 04:05:01 am »

He had posted that same paper along with another here:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/rf-microwave/nanovna-custom-software/msg5575031/#msg5575031

Looks like he pushed Dave once too often.   :-DD

Thanks.  I didn't realize, they had already posted their paper, on this forum.

Behind the scenes (Re: Forum Administrator Dave), the OP, may have created various complaints about various poster(s) on here.  I think the OP, has mentioned such things, sometimes.

That also could be a factor, why they have apparently been (probably permanently) banned.

I'm not clear, if they have had other account(s) on here.  As some of the topics, such as Tesla obsessions, Plasma fields and free energy, super obsessive posters.  Have been previously banned in the past, and the way they talk down to Dave and their bad attitude.  Would seem to collaborate, such a concept.

Also, they seem to have done a number of personal attacks against member(s).  I think their post count, was (IIRC) 48, it is now 47.  Maybe some offending (inflammatory) post, has been deleted, and has caused their temporary or permanent banning.  Since it has been deleted, I can't easily search and find it, any longer.

It seemed rather obvious, that the OP's tenure on here, was going to be short-lived.

Quick glances through their paper, seems to show, glaring and (probably) extreme misunderstandings about how science, medicine and electronics works.

I'm not sure if the paper, is an attempted scam, for making money, or if they genuinely believe it has merit.

I also wonder, if in the past, they have abused, certain substances (such as drugs), which has unfortunately deteriorated their brain functioning.  Leading to some wild beliefs.
« Last Edit: Today at 04:13:45 am by MK14 »

Offline joeqsmith

• Super Contributor
« Reply #43 on: Today at 01:13:00 pm »
They claimed to have reported me to the mods, which would brought some attention to them.  Once Dave got involved, I asked them to consider splitting their posts from my VNA software thread.  I created that thread in the dodgy area as a place holder.  Dave did try to get them to move on and deleted some of their posts:   

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/rf-microwave/nanovna-custom-software/msg5578583/#msg5578583

I did post my attempts to construct/test such a coil.  While I did not have a great awakening or religious experience, I did learn that super glue can be used to hold such a coil together. 

I'm not clear, if they have had other account(s) on here. 
I doubt they had more than one account.  Their first post states they had just received their amateur radio extra class license.  While searching their history, I did check the FCC database and was able to verify that someone with that name/town did indeed recently get their license.  It also provided more clues.   My guess is having that license gives them something they can present as proof of their higher level of education.   

I posted about a previous employee who worked at a Microsoft call center, then stalked their manager.   They happened to have the same name, town and age.   If it was indeed them, this pattern goes way back. 

There are a lot of free energy scammers out there.  We will see another soon enough.   

Online coppice

• Super Contributor
« Reply #44 on: Today at 01:25:42 pm »
Even then with credible backgrounds those sources can be flawed or with "other" intent, let's not forget the Cold Fusion with Pons and Fleischmann experiments which have never been properly duplicated to date.
The term "cold fusion" was tainted so much by that incident, it suppressed other work. Andre Sakharov proposed that a shower of muons could catalyse fusion at around 1000C. At least in translations this was reported as "cold fusion", and that name seemed to kill any further work on an idea from a very eminent man. Perhaps its just an interesting curiosity, with no practical value. We have no idea how a practical machine could shower a reaction chamber with muons, but if it works its an important piece of physics knowledge nobody wants to go near.

Offline MK14

• Super Contributor
« Reply #45 on: Today at 01:58:55 pm »
Dave did try to get them to move on and deleted some of their posts:   

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/rf-microwave/nanovna-custom-software/msg5578583/#msg5578583

Yes (Re: their banning), I think that is exactly what happened (very likely).

I was curious, as to what threw them over the edge here, and got them banned.

So, it was most likely this (from your link, Thanks!):

joable1971, your welcome in his thread has run out, do not post in this thread again. Post in here again and your posts will be deleted, we will not tolerate oyu polluting this 100 page software support thread for own amusement.
Use this instead of polluting here:
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/rf-microwave/re-nanovna-custom-software/

EDIT: 2 additional posts now deleted. Keep it up and you get banned.

They then seemed to continued posting in that thread, resulting in the ban.

There were a number of bad signs, indicating, they were unlikely to be a member here for long.  That was just one of them.

Offline joeqsmith

• Super Contributor
« Reply #46 on: Today at 03:06:16 pm »
They are not always what I would consider a scam.  In some cases, I don't even believe they were trolling the group.  This guy with his novel idea for an oscillator comes to mind.  Too bad they pulled their videos.
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/projects/my-own-original-oscillator/

I think some just want to prove their superior intellect.  Someone once wrote me  (I believe a member here) who claimed to work in education.   Normally, I wouldn't care but because of that claim,  I did a little search for them.   It wasn't difficult as they had posted some videos (since removed) and one contained enough details.  From their I was able to locate where they worked, their facebook page, other place of business.   The interesting part was that they actually did work in education, relating to electronics.  They are no longer are employed by the same school which gives me some hope for the education system.  For this group,  I consider myself as low hanging fruit and would think they would set their sites a little higher.     

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/hear-kitty-kitty-kitty-nope-not-that-kind-of-cat/msg4750022/#msg4750022

Offline mawyatt

• Super Contributor
« Reply #47 on: Today at 05:06:20 pm »
Even then with credible backgrounds those sources can be flawed or with "other" intent, let's not forget the Cold Fusion with Pons and Fleischmann experiments which have never been properly duplicated to date.
The term "cold fusion" was tainted so much by that incident, it suppressed other work. Andre Sakharov proposed that a shower of muons could catalyse fusion at around 1000C. At least in translations this was reported as "cold fusion", and that name seemed to kill any further work on an idea from a very eminent man. Perhaps its just an interesting curiosity, with no practical value. We have no idea how a practical machine could shower a reaction chamber with muons, but if it works its an important piece of physics knowledge nobody wants to go near.

Vaguely recall that an experiment in USSR had melted a lab down, or some equipment within. Also recall that one of the sons of Pons or Fleischmann was killed in a lab explosion while working on a Cold Fusion experiment.

Anyway, sure hope there is something to Cold Fusion, but so far no repeatable results :(

Best,
Curiosity killed the cat, also depleted my wallet!
~Wyatt Labs by Mike~

Offline joeqsmith

• Super Contributor
« Reply #48 on: Today at 05:29:04 pm »
I check in on the ITER project from time to time.  Almost 20 years in and what really do we have to show for the $$$ spent?

https://sciencebusiness.net/news/iter-fusion-project-confirms-more-delays-and-eu5b-cost-overrun

Their website is here:
https://www.iter.org/

Online coppice

• Super Contributor
« Reply #49 on: Today at 05:38:11 pm »
I check in on the ITER project from time to time.  Almost 20 years in and what really do we have to show for the $$$ spent?

https://sciencebusiness.net/news/iter-fusion-project-confirms-more-delays-and-eu5b-cost-overrun

Their website is here:
https://www.iter.org/
I think you missed the point of ITER. Numerous people have already got their PhD from it. Did you think it was supposed to achieve something else?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf