Author Topic: Free Energy LOLs  (Read 5438 times)

Offline EEVblogTopic starter

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
Re: Free Energy LOLs
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2020, 12:18:27 am »
And pot kettle black:
EEV blog is a good, regular and very popular electronics blog. Watch it when you need to know how a 555 or a transistor works. 
Don't expect them to have any knowledge about the real world we live in. They have not. Don't forget these are just autistic electronic technicians and engineers. They are followers. They learn and adopt ideas from others and then treat them as if it is the only and eternal truth. They simply can't grasp the concept of scientific indoctrination and information suppression. It is always waste of time to debate with religious followers.

*snort*

Offline Ultrapurple

• Super Contributor
  • Just zis guy, you know?
    • Therm-App Users on Flickr
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2020, 08:44:13 am »
Like an advanced tinfoil-hat, without the hat and the foil.

That is a fabulous quote.

I shall abduct and abuse it mercilessly.
Rubber bands bridge the gap between WD40 and duct tape.

Offline ogden

• Super Contributor
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2020, 05:32:36 pm »
And pot kettle black:
EEV blog is a good, regular and very popular electronics blog. Watch it when you need to know how a 555 or a transistor works. 
Don't expect them to have any knowledge about the real world we live in. They have not. Don't forget these are just autistic electronic technicians and engineers. They are followers. They learn and adopt ideas from others and then treat them as if it is the only and eternal truth. They simply can't grasp the concept of scientific indoctrination and information suppression. It is always waste of time to debate with religious followers.
*snort*
BTW sad irony that "waste of time to debate with religious followers" is said by youtuber having loads of videos like "Flat Earth. NASA and ESA fake Space Program. Rockets NEVER fly high enough to reach space".

Offline SiliconWizard

• Super Contributor
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2020, 05:34:09 pm »

:-DD

Offline CatalinaWOW

• Super Contributor
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2020, 05:43:46 pm »
One reason free energy scams can sustain so much following is because of past success, accepted by the technical world.  From the point of view of the technically illiterate we have been through several waves of "free" energy implementation.

Coal was much cheaper than wood as an energy source.  More powerful too.

Then came steam.  Much better than horses.  Close to free on a relative basis.

Then petroleum.

Then nuclear.

Then solar.

To the unwashed these are just waves of new technology bringing energy at dramatically lower "cost"  (cost being an amalgam of purchase price, ease of use and availability).  No reason to think there won't be more waves if all you know is that it is shiny and it works.  And all of those shiny and works things were not accepted initially because they didn't conform to existing use patterns (and often weren't implemented well in the early phases of learning how the technology works.  Everyone starts ignorant.)

Online Haenk

• Super Contributor
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2020, 05:53:09 pm »
I think this is a problem of being technically illiterate and being easy to manipulate. The rare case of being science-affine *and* at the same time accepting and promoting anti-scientific theories has to be some sort of a) scam for personal gain or some form of not normal mental state.
(Though I won't complain against researching "unusual" science, as long as commonly accepted research methods are used.)

The following users thanked this post: Cyberdragon, Tantratron

Offline ogden

• Super Contributor
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2020, 07:13:06 pm »
The rare case of being science-affine *and* at the same time accepting and promoting anti-scientific theories has to be some sort of a) scam for personal gain or some form of not normal mental state.
Right. We better ignore both - due to different set of reasons :)

Offline Cyberdragon

• Super Contributor
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2020, 07:50:25 pm »
Though I won't complain against researching "unusual" science, as long as commonly accepted research methods are used.

Excatly, I have an open mind and have no problem researching weird phenomenon on Earth and in space, as long as they use actual scientific methods.

I also have no problem with people believing in or delving into non-scientific stuff like paranomal, psychics, cryptids, existence of God(s), aliens, exc, as long as they don't claim anything not using actual scientific principles is actual science. Here in the world of real science, the world is round, thermodynamics is absolute, vaccines save lives, and 5G is harmless.
*BZZZZZZAAAAAP*
Voltamort strikes again!
Explodingus - someone who frequently causes accidental explosions

Online AVGresponding

• Super Contributor
  • Exploring Rabbit Holes Since The 1970s
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2020, 05:20:31 am »
Though I won't complain against researching "unusual" science, as long as commonly accepted research methods are used.

Excatly, I have an open mind and have no problem researching weird phenomenon on Earth and in space, as long as they use actual scientific methods.

I also have no problem with people believing in or delving into non-scientific stuff like paranomal, psychics, cryptids, existence of God(s), aliens, exc, as long as they don't claim anything not using actual scientific principles is actual science. Here in the world of real science, the world is round, thermodynamics is absolute, vaccines save lives, and 5G is mostly harmless.

Fixed that for you   ;)

nuqDaq yuch Dapol?
Addiction count: Agilent-AVO-BlackStar-Brymen-Chauvin Arnoux-Fluke-GenRad-Hameg-HP-Keithley-IsoTech-Mastech-Megger-Metrix-Micronta-Racal-RFL-Siglent-Solartron-Tektronix-Thurlby-Time Electronics-TTi-UniT

Offline pidcon

• Contributor
« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2020, 05:18:05 am »
Aren't these free energists like the flat earthers? I guess everyone wants to do something substantial with their lives in their own way. It's just that their 'way' contains a lot of short cuts.

Offline coppercone2

• Super Contributor
  • $
« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2020, 05:48:08 am »
i clicked around that video and some how it reminded me of jerry springer (no idea what its about), women yelling, some guy looking like hes getting a lap dance, multiple frames.. what the fuck

i just know don't meet up (lowtax vs uwe boll), i think dave jones has physical advantage but that guy will pull a derringer (seems like something you would find in a old saloon)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 05:50:33 am by coppercone2 »

Offline bson

• Supporter
« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2020, 08:17:59 pm »
The same people would never try to build a mechanical perpetual motion or free energy machine.  But somehow, because EM fields and electric charge is invisible, anything goes and it's all magic.

The following users thanked this post: Tantratron

Offline Cyberdragon

• Super Contributor
« Reply #37 on: June 30, 2020, 03:05:46 pm »
The same people would never try to build a mechanical perpetual motion or free energy machine.  But somehow, because EM fields and electric charge is invisible, anything goes and it's all magic.

The start of this thread was a mechanical 3D printed perpetual motion machine, but the post seems to have vanished. :-// Dave? Where'd it go Dave?
*BZZZZZZAAAAAP*
Voltamort strikes again!

Offline EvilGeniusSkis

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #38 on: June 30, 2020, 08:05:46 pm »
The part I find interesting about free energy nutters is that quite often, in order to build the devices that they do, they need to have better than average intelligence and knowledge, but that doesn't extend to realizing that their device can't work the way they think it works. For example, I've seen videos of devices that intermittently light an LED, with a massive loop of wire that can't possibly be collecting energy from radio waves.

Offline rsjsouza

• Super Contributor
  • Eternally curious
    • Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico
« Reply #39 on: June 30, 2020, 10:44:06 pm »
Due to this post, I suspect this guy will get a ton of free publicity without spending a Joule of energy. There's your free energy! Qed.
Vbe - vídeo blog eletrônico http://videos.vbeletronico.com

Oh, the "whys" of the datasheets... The information is there not to be an axiomatic truth, but instead each speck of data must be slowly inhaled while carefully performing a deep search inside oneself to find the true metaphysical sense...

Offline bson

• Supporter
« Reply #40 on: July 01, 2020, 02:35:31 am »
Let's clarify that free energy is not necessarily the same as perpetual motion.  After all solar energy is "free", as is wind, hydro and wave, various schemes to harvest EM, or pendulums harvesting earth's rotational energy.  They're free in the sense that there is no fuel consumed.  What the so-called free energy scams have in common is their easily identifiable physical impossibility, lack of coherent explanation of how they work, irreproducibility, and a notion that energy can be created out of nothing - effectively, they're in the perpetual motion bin.  Like 14kW of power out of nothing - there's just not that much power to be had there.  Maybe 14µW, that I can believe.

Offline coppercone2

• Super Contributor
  • $
« Reply #41 on: July 01, 2020, 03:17:31 am »
its probably always going to be investigated because if any of those ideas works it will be a game changer

Offline Cyberdragon

• Super Contributor
« Reply #42 on: July 01, 2020, 06:38:31 am »
Let's clarify that free energy is not necessarily the same as perpetual motion.  After all solar energy is "free", as is wind, hydro and wave, various schemes to harvest EM, or pendulums harvesting earth's rotational energy.  They're free in the sense that there is no fuel consumed.  What the so-called free energy scams have in common is their easily identifiable physical impossibility, lack of coherent explanation of how they work, irreproducibility, and a notion that energy can be created out of nothing - effectively, they're in the perpetual motion bin.  Like 14kW of power out of nothing - there's just not that much power to be had there.  Maybe 14µW, that I can believe.

The reason we don't call this BS perpetual motion anymore is alot of energy from nothing (or some BS source like the quantum ether) devices these days have no moving parts. Sure we still have "back-emf motors" and "magnet motors" and the like, but there's plenty that's just a bunch of stupid circuits cobbled together into some nonsense.
*BZZZZZZAAAAAP*
Voltamort strikes again!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf