Author Topic: Ecocable  (Read 1846 times)

Offline MarkR42Topic starter

• Regular Contributor
Ecocable
« on: August 13, 2020, 08:20:16 pm »
Hi,

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/ecocable-save-your-battery-life?fbclid=IwAR0rYUZdCk0FW5QFKqvRmyARFeaYFUaBLY4rmJPzBPFhFLiSFb0KmAM6g68#/

Is there any technical way which this could even work?

Surely a device needs to use its battery if it is NOT plugged in; if it stops charging at the correct rate, then uses power from the charger, that's better for the battery than continuously cycling the top part of the cell?

If that was better for the battery, would the device manufacturers not do that anyway?

Offline daqq

• Super Contributor
    • My site
Re: Ecocable
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2020, 08:34:27 pm »
Is there any technical way which this could even work?
I suppose that if the connected device has an astonishingly poorly designed internal charger as well as the internal power system it could improve things by a small bit...
Believe it or not, pointy haired people do exist!
+++Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

Offline MrMobodies

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2020, 04:31:36 am »
I was looking at the profile and I see a linkedin profile with the same name and similar description it doesn't seem to add up.

Check out attached pictures.
The indiegogo one looks like it has been photoshoped, to me the hair, eyes look fake and look at the left ear as if it has been cropped, the eye lashes and inbetween it like a brush or some paint tool blended over it. (https://c1.iggcdn.com/indiegogo-media-prod-cld/image/upload/c_fill,f_auto,h_285,w_460/v1596733852/elazgtbcslr1vseauknw.jpg)

Profile:  Christopher Fernandes
Christopher Fernandes
1 Campaign
NANTES, France

Christopher Fernandes - French designer since 2012 and work for himself. Worked many time on computing project all around the world.

https://fr.linkedin.com/in/christopher-fernandes-35b43987
Christopher Fernandes
Engineering Consultant at Element Energy
Lille, Nord-Pas-de-Calais, France
Inscrivez-vous pour entrer en relation
Element Energy

Nothing about design in his Linkedin profile other than is an engineer working for an aerospace company and wouldn't you think he'd had better things to do than design something like that when the market is full of them.

According to the Google Earth Nantes to Lille is 676km away or a 4 to 5 hour drive.

An image lookup shows up some link came to this Facebook profile, I couldn't find the image but looking at the posts and I see someone who looks very similar:
https://www.facebook.com/177318559707261/photos/pcb.241040256668424/241040110001772/?type=3&theater

This is looking more like a scam where someone has pulled the images from somewhere and altered them.

Joseph Cabines:

"Joseph Cabanis is from switzerland school of engeneering and drive his first own project, he also work for an electronic worldwide brands."
Spelling mistakes too on the page, engeneering.

Can't find anybody with the name "Joseph Cabines" but an image lookup shows links to a dead French website and from the desctiption some blogger with the name Joesph.
https://10months.fr/roxxorxx/school-daegu/

I have seen many of the circular power banks selling on ALibaba, Globalsources and DHgate some with a lcd for the battery level percent.

As well as the spelling mistakes does the below sound Chinglish?
Most of us let our device in charge all the night long.

EcoCable prevent all lithium battery with USB charge from prematury death.

When the battery is fully charged, a signal will be emitted to the EcoCable chip, and the device will be power off, since your replug any peripherical
Worked many time on computing project all around the world.

and drive his first own project,
« Last Edit: August 14, 2020, 05:10:51 am by MrMobodies »

The following users thanked this post: MarkR42

Offline Haenk

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2020, 06:41:52 pm »
quote "With EcoCable : stop charging automatically."

So it seems the device will cut the connection to the phone, once it's fully charged (probably detected by low current flow). If it then cuts the connection from itself to the charger, yes, it might actually save some power. However not a lot, as the charger is still plugged in and consuming power.

Edit: If they cut off the power when the battery is charged up to 80/90%, it will likely extend the battery life by a significant amount. However that might be difficult to accomplish, as there are so many different charging protocols (different currents and voltages) and how would be the full charging current of an old phone be distinguished from a reduced current charging of a modern phone...
« Last Edit: August 14, 2020, 09:32:08 pm by Haenk »

Offline NiHaoMike

• Super Contributor
  • "Don't turn it on - Take it apart!"
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2020, 01:50:02 am »
Edit: If they cut off the power when the battery is charged up to 80/90%, it will likely extend the battery life by a significant amount. However that might be difficult to accomplish, as there are so many different charging protocols (different currents and voltages) and how would be the full charging current of an old phone be distinguished from a reduced current charging of a modern phone...
Check the current over the charge cycle thus far and look for a reduction. Even better would be to communicate with an app.
Cryptocurrency has taught me to love math and at the same time be baffled by it.

Cryptocurrency lesson 0: Altcoins and Bitcoin are not the same thing.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf