Author Topic: Drivesavers ripoff in spotlight again  (Read 2037 times)

wraper and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline 3roomlabTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Drivesavers ripoff in spotlight again
« on: June 14, 2024, 10:40:19 pm »
and for some reason
they also ripped off the actual NAND  :-DD

Offline lilshawn

• Regular Contributor
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
Re: Drivesavers ripoff in spotlight again
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2024, 06:15:22 pm »
man... drivesavers...MF'ers acting like shops don't talk to each other... of course we know y'all messed with it... we just want to know if you'd tell the truth about it...and the answer is obviously NO!

Offline MrMobodies

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2024, 10:13:40 pm »
Youtube transcript:
0:12 Drive Savers on a $6,500 quote has come back not recoverable and
has the nand soldered on upside down which means that even though this
device is not recoverable with today's technology its actual problem

All the equipment they have to do it and yet they still manage to bugger it up.

Offline CaptDon

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2024, 01:15:50 pm »
Do you think like the original owner/phone interview like used the word like enough???? I heard one of the U.S.A. athletes in an interview on the Today show this morning use the word 'like' no less than about 40 times in her interview. Then there are the urbanites who want to ax me a question. No more code test in ham radio (still need it for certain maritime radio operator licenses) no more 32nd degree requirement before joining Shrine, schools grading on the curve insuring most of the lumps of clay can pass even if they can't read the document they receive for passing. Sort of makes anyone with an I.Q. above the 70MPH speed limit stand out like a rocket scientist. Drive Destroyers, a bunch of untrained SMD destruct-o-matics removing the parts so someone can place them into a ZIF socket and use automated recovery software. Maybe DipShitters should do like the lawyers "There is no charge unless we recover your data!!! Price is fixed at $10.00 per gigabyte of recovered data plus a $50.00 physical labor charge". Anyone heard of data backup these days? I don't have anything stored on my phone that I would even pay to have recovered.
Collector and repairer of vintage and not so vintage electronic gadgets and test equipment. What's the difference between a pizza and a musician? A pizza can feed a family of four!! Classically trained guitarist. Sound engineer.

The following users thanked this post: free_electron

Offline free_electron

• Super Contributor
    • SiliconValleyGarage
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2024, 03:52:20 pm »
Sort of makes anyone with an I.Q. above the 70MPH speed limit stand
Some people like to declare their IQ in Fahrenheit... cause in Celcius it would only be very mediocre.
Professional Electron Wrangler.
Any comments, or points of view expressed, are my own and not endorsed , induced or compensated by my employer(s).

The following users thanked this post: Halcyon

Offline free_electron

• Super Contributor
    • SiliconValleyGarage
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2024, 03:56:09 pm »
Recovering data from iphones that don't turn on .. why is that even needed ? In the Apple ecosystem everything is live backed up to your iCloud. If the hardware fails or is replaced: it restores from the cloud.
Professional Electron Wrangler.
Any comments, or points of view expressed, are my own and not endorsed , induced or compensated by my employer(s).

Offline Halcyon

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: Today at 06:59:37 am »
Recovering data from iphones that don't turn on .. why is that even needed ? In the Apple ecosystem everything is live backed up to your iCloud. If the hardware fails or is replaced: it restores from the cloud.

You'd be surprised how many people turn that stuff off, then panic when they realised there is no backup of their data (after it's too late).

Online Psi

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: Today at 08:12:14 am »

It's quite common for people to 'think' it's on when it's actually off and only find out when they need it and go to use it.
It's strangely common, as if the setting sometimes turns itself off for some reason.
The number of people that say "I was sure that was on" after loosing data is too high to be just from people actively turning it off for some reason, because there isn't any reason to do that. It happens to much to just be accidentally clicking or from a child paying with the device.
« Last Edit: Today at 08:14:54 am by Psi »
Greek letter 'Psi' (not Pounds per Square Inch)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf