Author Topic: Ashton Forbes Over Unity Challenge  (Read 11154 times)

Online EEVblogTopic starter

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
Re: Ashton Forbes Over Unity Challenge
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2024, 11:09:43 pm »
I wonder what made you post about this particular one? 

Because it was a big thing that blew up on Twitter. If you aren't on Twitter then you wouldn't know. Mehdi from Elecroboom even indicated that he was interested and was engaged in the discussion.

Offline joeqsmith

• Super Contributor
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2024, 11:24:26 pm »
Correct, no Twitter account.  I could not even view the links you provided, something about Firefox incompatibility.

Offline bitwelder

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2024, 02:15:17 pm »
Does he says at least how much "overunity" is his contraption?
1.01? 1.1? 10? 1000?

Offline themadhippy

• Super Contributor
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2024, 03:37:23 pm »
whos to say on day over unity wont  be  acheviable,there plenty of stuff we take for granted that not that long ago would have you done for witchcraft. Going by the news reports on fusion power you'd  believe were there with the claims of more energy out than put in.

Online TimFox

• Super Contributor
  • Retired, now restoring antique test equipment
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2024, 04:08:05 pm »
whos to say on day over unity wont  be  acheviable,there plenty of stuff we take for granted that not that long ago would have you done for witchcraft. Going by the news reports on fusion power you'd  believe were there with the claims of more energy out than put in.

The fusion development claims of more energy out than energy in are analogous to stating that the yield from an explosive is greater than the energy required to detonate the dynamite.
If that requirement is not met, the fusion system is not useful, but meeting that requirement violates no basic physical law.

The following users thanked this post: the Chris

Online IanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2024, 04:58:43 pm »
1.01? 1.1? 10? 1000?

This is the point. As soon as you might achieve even 1% over unity, then by the principle of compound multiplication there is no limit and you could achieve infinite over unity.

I think the reasoning above is why it can never be possible. Since any amount of over unity is equivalent to infinite over unity, and infinite over unity is unreasonable, it cannot happen.

The following users thanked this post: the Chris

Online Circlotron

• Super Contributor
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2024, 11:41:39 pm »
whos to say on day over unity wont  be  acheviable,there plenty of stuff we take for granted that not that long ago would have you done for witchcraft.
For example, once upon a time a vacuum was considered the supreme example of nothingness. Now we are lead to believe that in a vacuum, particles can randomly jump in and out of existence. Something like that.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2024, 11:43:12 pm by Circlotron »

Online SiliconWizard

• Super Contributor
« Reply #32 on: June 14, 2024, 12:10:26 am »
whos to say on day over unity wont  be  acheviable,there plenty of stuff we take for granted that not that long ago would have you done for witchcraft.
For example, once upon a time a vacuum was considered the supreme example of nothingness. Now we are lead to believe that in a vacuum, particles can randomly jump in and out of existence. Something like that.

Yes, which explains why a lot of neural activity is actually measurable even in seemingly completely empty brains. ;D

The following users thanked this post: Refrigerator, newbrain

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #33 on: June 14, 2024, 01:39:38 am »
1.01? 1.1? 10? 1000?

No info, but he claims that once it's running you can disconnect it and you get perpetual energy out  ::)
Although when I challened him on this he admitted he had not actually done himself, as you doesn't even have it his own unit, but the guy who designed it told him it works  :-DD

Yes, this is actualyl the level of person we are dealing with here. Based on never havign tried it himself he formed a company to sell it and issues a public video challenge to all EE youtubers to try and bust it.

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2024, 04:46:45 am »
He's posted a video:
https://x.com/JustXAshton/status/1801461955221217301

Overunity Device - Video & Clarification

There was some confusion over the image I shared on stream which comes from this video. It was my fault I misinterpreted what I was told about the image.

I thought the entity I signed the NDA with produced this older model. It was someone they were affiliated with in the past. The entity did not know that this video from 14 years ago was on the internet publicly. The description mentions that some of their videos on how to produce the device were censored by youtube.

The video you are seeing here shows Overunity on the meters, coefficient of performance greater than one. ~183 Watts out and ~97 Watts in. When the input is stopped, the device slows down and stops. This design is similar to the one that I was shown when I signed the NDA but not exactly the same.

The device we are marketing is electromechanical, with moving parts, and does use magnets similar to this video. We will be showing similar images/video of the meters on the demo model we have been building as early as next week.

Anyone who wanted open source, you now have enough information to attempt to produce your own device. Keep in mind it requires some specialized skills to configure. I support attempts to make cheaper/more efficient Overunity devices.

There's also now no excuses for anyone who was afraid to take up the challenge issued. Now that it has been revealed how the baseline functionality works there's no reason to be afraid of an NDA.

No one in the 2+ hour live stream could debunk the video shown. Some claimed magnets would run out, but that takes hundreds of years. The device would have produced enormous amounts of excess energy far before that. Someone else claimed that because it has moving parts it can't be perfectly efficient, but Overunity doesn't require perfect efficiency. Others claimed it was AI or edited. It's not.

If any prominent electrical engineers want to test/see the device themselves, they can DM or email me at AetherTechLLC@gmail.com with the subject "Overunity Challenge." Once again, after you are satisfied the device has no trickery, you will simply be required to tell your following that it is legit.

I apologize for any confusion I caused at the start of my stream tonight. I hope now people can see that Overunity is possible and inevitable.

-Ashton

Online IanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2024, 05:16:59 am »
So he plugged it into the mains and it ran. He unplugged it from the mains and it stopped running. Nothing out of the ordinary there?

The following users thanked this post: amyk

Offline Haenk

• Super Contributor
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2024, 07:04:53 am »
That "video" is of the same scientific use as one of those indian energy scam videos - no overview, 2/3 of the device out of viewing area and some random cables going to/coming from whoknowswhere.
+1 for the idea to capture energy from the universe, -100 for utter nonsense

Online coppercone2

• Super Contributor
  • $
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2024, 02:21:21 pm »
another thing that seems over unity is Sicilian pizza. they can't mark it up so much because it uses no ingredients but its extremely filling for what you get and pay compared to pretty much every other lunch option.

You can't seem to eat it too much though, maybe thats the universe solution to over unity.

Offline joeqsmith

• Super Contributor
« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2024, 11:49:39 pm »
He's posted a video:

I fired up Vivaldi.  Another motor generator system.  Lots of magnets and dead batteries is typical.  He really just needs about 5-10 of the free harbor freight meters to finish it up. 

Witt's made similar videos.  Always had a drill press or some power tools to show.  Plus they used the religion angle to help drum up followers.  I wonder how many similar videos are now on YT.  I bet 10's of thousands.  Each with millions of views.  :-DD

Offline joeqsmith

• Super Contributor
« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2024, 11:55:09 pm »
Unplugged from the AC mains.  Magic!!  Go Witts.  :-DD

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2024, 12:59:11 am »
Witt's made similar videos.  Always had a drill press or some power tools to show.  Plus they used the religion angle to help drum up followers.  I wonder how many similar videos are now on YT.  I bet 10's of thousands.  Each with millions of views.  :-DD

I wouldn't take the other side of that bet.
And their fan base is absolutely rabbid.

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2024, 01:01:54 am »
+1 for the idea to capture energy from the universe

In which case it's not actually over-unity, it's just energy harvesting.
Similar to the way you can get a Coefficient of Performance greater than 1 on heat pumps. Try them without the surrounding environment and watch them fail.

Offline Haenk

• Super Contributor
« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2024, 07:13:32 am »

I'm a strict believer in physical laws ;)

Online langwadt

• Super Contributor
« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2024, 04:03:04 pm »
He's posted a video:
https://x.com/JustXAshton/status/1801461955221217301

how long would it take you to make a video with some random fancy looking spinning magnets and some random meters connected to something showing different numbers? if you do maybe he wants to invest ;)

Online langwadt

• Super Contributor
« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2024, 04:04:09 pm »

I'm a strict believer in physical laws ;)

https://youtu.be/tuxbMfKO9Pg?si=ipLaAiNd9zoHzqzM

Offline Ben321

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2024, 10:12:18 pm »
This guy has challenged EE's with a large audience to sign an NDA and test his over unity product  :-DD
https://x.com/JustXAshton/status/1799175085061747022

He is making big waves on Twitter about this, and he seems to have a very large audience of followers who will attack anyone on Twitter who doesn't take him seriously. But I can find no other info on his company, or any info on the product at all.
Myself and Mehdi have weighed in, and Mehdi is actually considering giving this guy some oxygen.
https://x.com/ElectroBOOMGuy/status/1799519422819778919

He claims he'll make a video in few weeks showing input and output powers:
https://x.com/JustXAshton/status/1799808842747764973
But even though he hasn't done that already, he'll take your money if oyu sign an NDA:
https://x.com/JustXAshton/status/1799129725375295648

He literally claims perpetual energy, plug it in, get it started, unplug it and it'll run forever  :-DD
https://x.com/JustXAshton/status/1799131644856819753

Apparently he's famous as some sort of HM370 conspiricy guy?
https://www.youtube.com/@JustXAshton/videos

And from what several people have said on Twitter, he's not the brain behind this tech and is just doing it as a business opportunity and has been scammed by some free energy nutter who desinged and built it?

He's totally non-genuine as he has taken my non-interest as evidence that his device worked, and has called me an embaressment to the EE community for not taking him up on his "challenge"  ::)

Sign an NDA? I'm pretty sure an NDA isn't legally binding if it's intended to cover up a crime like a scam or fraud. And if this guy is selling devices that he claims will due the impossible, then he's literally stealing from those who are buying them. So if an engineer signs an NDA to be allowed to look at the device (obviously the guy is hoping to get engineers who will promote the product for him) but upon looking at it can see it's fake, then I'd expect those engineers to do the morally correct thing and report to the public that this guy is faking it. Yes that would be an NDA violation, but since they are literally reporting a crime (that his product is a scam) then I'd expect that in court the NDA would be tossed out. And I don't think this guy would take you to court either for violating the NDA, because he wouldn't want the fact he's running a scam to come out in a court room.

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2024, 12:45:19 am »
He's totally non-genuine as he has taken my non-interest as evidence that his device worked, and has called me an embaressment to the EE community for not taking him up on his "challenge"  ::)

Sign an NDA? I'm pretty sure an NDA isn't legally binding if it's intended to cover up a crime like a scam or fraud.

Doesn't matter, if he has money he could lawfare you into bankruptcy, or just tie up your life for years. Even if you legally won in the end, you lose.
Only a fool would sign an NDA with this clown. I hope Mehdi doesn't go ahead with it.

The following users thanked this post: SiliconWizard

Offline Xena E

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2024, 09:54:38 pm »

Only a fool would sign an NDA with this clown. I hope Mehdi doesn't go ahead with it.

Perhaps the NDA is for the big bag of money the creators are going to get from this tool for giving the scam credibility?

X

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #48 on: June 19, 2024, 11:46:26 pm »
Perhaps the NDA is for the big bag of money the creators are going to get from this tool for giving the scam credibility?

Why when he can just use their involvement for publicity for free.
It's a classic association con.

Offline temperance

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2024, 01:43:28 am »
I can only hope that creating an account for this forum is too complicated for some. I'll start praying as of now until it fades into oblivion and perhaps posts some cats and dogs to speed up the process.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf