Author Topic: Keysight 6000X 6Ghz Voting Is Live vote for Carlos A.  (Read 189405 times)

Offline StuUK

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Keysight 6000X 6Ghz Voting Is Live vote for Carlos A.
« Reply #350 on: April 11, 2016, 08:34:56 am »
Done todays votes, keep voting some catching up to do....

The following users thanked this post: jancumps, Towger

Offline ProBang2

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #351 on: April 11, 2016, 09:51:51 am »
After my daily voting:

5958 Nilu J.
 5302 David K.
 3962 Carlos A.    :'( :-//
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 09:55:00 am by ProBang2 »

Offline StuUK

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #352 on: April 11, 2016, 10:06:59 am »
who are these guys, are they buying votes?

Online Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #353 on: April 11, 2016, 10:12:41 am »
Current positions:

Position  Votes  Name
Nilu J.   
David K.Trails leader by 673
Carlos A.Trails leader by 2004

Online Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #354 on: April 11, 2016, 10:16:14 am »
Nilu is still going strong (social media queen?)
David is in another stall and
Carlos is plodding along as usual...

Offline alexanderbrevig

• Frequent Contributor
  • Musician, developer and EE hobbyist
    • alexanderbrevig.com
« Reply #355 on: April 11, 2016, 10:30:28 am »
I've watched all videos now and Carlos' is the only one that actually is impressive. The only one with ambitions to even try to get use of the beast. I really hope that he's the only one who is prepared to pay the impending taxes. You have my votes from start to finish. Fingers cross that the other 'winners' have nothing planned to actually see the transaction through.

BEST OF LUCK #neverstopvoting

Offline ProBang2

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #356 on: April 11, 2016, 11:50:00 am »
Execuse me, Brumby, I have captured your graph...

Anyone else recognized this pattern?    :wtf:    Keysight...?

If I believe, that are "real" votes for David K., then I believe also:

- Free energy exists.
- The Batterizer earns 800% more energy from a battery.
- A pepertuum mobile does not contradict the laws of physics.
- Hiding pickles in a christmas tree is an ancient german tradition.

The following users thanked this post: diyaudio

Online Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #357 on: April 11, 2016, 12:23:40 pm »
Execuse me, Brumby, I have captured your graph...

Go for it.

It's in the public domain - no apologies necessary.

Online Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #358 on: April 11, 2016, 12:44:20 pm »
An interesting observation.

Adding a little more interest is the fact that, if you deduct the two 2,000 vote jumps, the average voting rate for that entrant over the entire competition period to date is 134 votes per day.  In the period between these jumps (about a day), he received 128 votes - which is right in line with that average.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 12:48:30 pm by Brumby »

Offline Kjelt

• Super Contributor
« Reply #359 on: April 11, 2016, 12:52:43 pm »
It's hard to deduct a conclusion just based on numbers.
Perhaps this guy went to a large party or concert and gave out flyers to vote for him or another simple explanation?

Online Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #360 on: April 11, 2016, 01:16:05 pm »
It's hard to deduct a conclusion just based on numbers.
While that is true, the numbers do paint a picture where the interpretation given does match.

Perhaps this guy went to a large party or concert and gave out flyers to vote for him or another simple explanation?
While that is not impossible - it has been fairly clearly stated by those who have had some experience in engagement that to get 2,000 votes would require a significant audience.  From my understanding, this might be something in the order of 100,000 ... and this has been done twice in a total of 5 days.

An explanation that does NOT involve vote purchasing would be of extreme interest to a very great number of internet merchants and advertising sites.

Offline Augustus

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #361 on: April 11, 2016, 01:20:36 pm »
While that is not impossible - it has been fairly clearly stated by those who have had some experience in engagement that to get 2,000 votes would require a significant audience.  From my understanding, this might be something in the order of 100,000 ... and this has been done twice in a total of 5 days.

Add the miraculous "brickwalling" to the mix, where voting suddenly stops as if it hit a virtual wall, and it even gets more suspicious. You usually cant start and stop voting of this magnitude at pure will  :-//
Greetings from the Black Forest, Germany

Offline Kjelt

• Super Contributor
« Reply #362 on: April 11, 2016, 01:28:18 pm »
and this has been done twice in a total of 5 days.
Shouldn't you look at the first derivative of the graph, so look at Carlos it is a lineair line which means the same audience keep on voting the same number of votes every day so the first derivative is a constant. If the croud that voted for David at the first peak continued to keep voting it would have had the same steep curve up. So the second steep curve could well be a reminder to the same croud that was the cause of the first steep curve. It does not mean there is a second independent crowd involved?
It just means his supporters are not as committed in voting as Carlos's is.

Online EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #363 on: April 11, 2016, 01:39:11 pm »

As I've stated. I've entered several contests like this and asked my large and loyal audience to vote. The numbers that do are in the single digit percentage range.
To ask them to do it again and again every day, it would drop off by an order of magnitude every day.
Death, taxes, and low social media engagement figures. Bet your life on it.

Online Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #364 on: April 11, 2016, 01:43:44 pm »
If the croud that voted for David at the first peak continued to keep voting it would have had the same steep curve up. So the second steep curve could well be a reminder to the same croud that was the cause of the first steep curve. It does not mean there is a second independent crowd involved?

If it was the same crowd that was just 'reminded', then I would expect a LESSER response.  One feeling that would increase as subsequent 'reminders' are given is that "Heck, I've already voted for this guy and now he wants more?  Stuff him."

Dave's experience is real (no hypothesising) and I would expect it to be pretty typical.

While I understand your interest in exploring legitimate explanations (I know - I do the same thing) the reality is that such explanations do not exist.  As I said above, if they did, then there would be extreme interest from a very great number of internet merchants and advertising sites.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 01:45:47 pm by Brumby »

Offline HighVoltage

• Super Contributor
« Reply #365 on: April 11, 2016, 01:46:27 pm »
and this has been done twice in a total of 5 days.
Shouldn't you look at the first derivative of the graph, so look at Carlos it is a lineair line which means the same audience keep on voting the same number of votes every day so the first derivative is a constant. If the croud that voted for David at the first peak continued to keep voting it would have had the same steep curve up. So the second steep curve could well be a reminder to the same croud that was the cause of the first steep curve. It does not mean there is a second independent crowd involved?
It just means his supporters are not as committed in voting as Carlos's is.

If a teacher analyzes the grades of classroom test and maps a Gaussian distribution and ends up with two separate peaks, we knows pretty much, that some of the kids have been cheating on the test.

Same here with the votes of David.
Something is not right, this does not follow a Gaussian distribution like it does for Carlos and Nilu.

Just voted my 3 votes for the day
There are 3 kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who can not.

Online Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #366 on: April 11, 2016, 02:34:38 pm »
Looks like David K. might be getting another surge.  Are we going to guess he will hit somewhere near 7,500 in a little under 2 days from now?  How many votes will Nilu have by then?  Will he pass Nilu?

Stay tuned for the next exciting installment of ... The Keysight Kapers!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2016, 02:39:00 pm by Brumby »

Offline Towger

• Super Contributor
« Reply #367 on: April 11, 2016, 02:57:58 pm »
Why would Nilu's vote rate continue to accelerate?  I would expect the voting rate to flatten out like Carlos, as people lose interesting in repeated voting each day.  Does she have a never ending source of new voters?

Offline Fohdeesha

• Contributor
« Reply #368 on: April 11, 2016, 03:00:27 pm »
As ive said in another thread, contest software that does statistics based fraud detection like Gleam would have automatically removed david k (and possibly nilu, but less likely) three days ago. This is what my company had happen when we gave out a nexus phone 3 years ago, tons of contestants were identified as cheating like this, the dead giveaway was the rapid brickwall level off after the paid votes were done. Keep in mind this was for a phone with 1/400th the value of this scope, I'm honestly surprised there's not more contestants cheating than there are.

You can rationalize David K getting 1600 votes in 24 hours all you want. Sure, he only got 20 votes the day previous, but maybe he plastered an entire town or campus with flyers the next day. Maybe he bought five grand worth of online advertising to get the 500k of impressions you need to actually receive 1600 engagements, as Dave has tried saying several times.

What you can't rationalize, is after he does that, the vote stream literally disappears in a transition time of about 120 seconds. 100 votes an hour, to 0 votes an hour, in minutes. Then periods of several hours with ZERO votes. When you've plastered a town or internet with impressions, I don't care who you are, you can't press a switch and turn it off in a matter of seconds, you're still going to have impressions/votes trickle in as people stumble across it. Even a single person.

It is impossible to go 6 hours without your vote count increasing a single digit (really, his didn't increase by one the first time this happened), when less than 30 minutes prior you had more than 100,000 impressions out there bringing in 100 votes an hour out of nowhere. Software like Gleam insta-bans on this for good reason, and David K's done it three times now

I'm just staying positive and voting for my candidate, but I'm glad everyone else is catching on to how hilariously unreliable online contests are. The decent voting services use active US accounts used everyday by real people, originating from US IP's, there's nothing keysight can do outside of looking at statistics and even then its a guessing game.

Like Dave has said, id love for nilu or David to point us all to the hundreds of thousands of impressions they're getting to receive these kind of vote surges. I work in the film industry like Carlos does, and I can't open a SINGLE industry related group, page, or mailing list without seeing Carlos campaigning, and all of this is netting him half the growth rate. Searching around for Nilu and David K brings me a Facebook page for "win nilu a scope" with 10 likes and not much else.

Offline Kjelt

• Super Contributor
« Reply #369 on: April 11, 2016, 03:40:35 pm »
Ok the one thing i can say is that carlos gets votes from over the entire planet, if it was only one continent you would see a flat line around 1am to 6 am when everyone is asleep.

Offline Fohdeesha

• Contributor
« Reply #370 on: April 11, 2016, 03:45:00 pm »
Many people in our industry in the US are lucky to get home by 1am half the time depending upon the shoot :-DD

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #371 on: April 11, 2016, 06:24:08 pm »
Interesting would be to look at those Facebook votes, and then associate them to a real person and a paypal account and possibly a facebook messenger that arrived with a link to click just before the vote. Then look for a common sender paypal account ( just pp because it is the largest one, you can also use a bitcoin address, the transaction will still be just as easy to trace there, just have to associate the sender and the recipients, and a few recipients from a single sender in short order will be easy to spot with a little "metadata" search) and you will find the part time link farmers.

Easy to game a contest like this, there must be hundreds of people with a few FB accounts that use them to look like real accounts but they are fake. Just run all the profile pictures through Google image search and see which ones come back as a match to one on shutterstock or other image sites.

Offline ez24

• Super Contributor
  • L.D.A.
« Reply #372 on: April 11, 2016, 06:45:00 pm »
One of the most interesting things about these contests is that organisers offer rewards and expensive prises for winners. Once you achieve you goal, soon your will be able to get lots of fame, rewards and of course a surprising prise. So don’t waste your time now, buy votes fast using a reliable website service and ensure your win in contests.

:-DD   Lots of fame and prise  (fyi this is from India)
YouTube and Website Electronic Resources ------>  https://www.eevblog.com/forum/other-blog-specific/a/msg1341166/#msg1341166

Offline rx8pilotTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • If you want more money, be more valuable.
« Reply #373 on: April 11, 2016, 10:24:13 pm »
I fear interest is dropping for those voting for my video after seeing such a massive gap.
Factory400 - the worlds smallest factory. https://www.youtube.com/c/Factory400

Offline DimitriP

• Super Contributor
  • "Best practices" are best not practiced.© Dimitri
« Reply #374 on: April 11, 2016, 11:17:51 pm »
I fear interest is dropping for those voting for my video after seeing such a massive gap.

There is still a chance #1 and #2 will get disquaified or not go through the whole "confirmation" bit.

Or keysight will award equipment fitting the stated purpose  since the screwed up big time to start with. Now that would be something...

I'm off to price a  the new 100 Megapixel Hasseblad so I can take pictures of my cat.

If three 100  Ohm resistors are connected in parallel, and in series with a 200 Ohm resistor, how many resistors do you have? 

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf