Author Topic: Keysight 6000X 6Ghz Voting Is Live vote for Carlos A.  (Read 189326 times)

Online PA0PBZ

• Super Contributor
Re: Keysight 6000X 6Ghz Voting Is Live vote for Carlos A.
« Reply #150 on: April 06, 2016, 10:57:41 am »
3 votes from me too today  Carlos. Will try vote each day till the end (3 times/day ;) ).
Good luck!

Same here, upped to 1936
Keyboard error: Press F1 to continue.

Offline Christe4nM

• Supporter
« Reply #151 on: April 06, 2016, 12:02:35 pm »
Great video Carlos! I watched several videos, and in my opinion you are the one who needs the bandwidth and processing power the most. So you definitely got my daily votes.

Offline MarvinTheMartian

• Frequent Contributor
Reviving my old hobby after retiring! Know so little...only one thing to do...watch Dave's videos and keep reading the forum! ;-)

Offline ECEdesign

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #153 on: April 06, 2016, 12:18:56 pm »
You got my vote good luck!!  :D

Offline puretus

• MIKROPURE
« Reply #154 on: April 06, 2016, 12:20:17 pm »
Good story. I'm also in nano size company, or maybe even femto-scale by being all by myself . Anyway, you get my votes till end, good luck!

The following users thanked this post: rx8pilot

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #155 on: April 06, 2016, 12:33:08 pm »
Tried voting for Carlos but to no avail (Firefox/Internet/Desktop).  >:(

I had a quick glance through this topic and it seems it might be Facebook only (sorry Carlos, I'm not on Facebook :-//).

Good luck (and from what Keysight_DanielBogdanoff says, support here will also count towards your bid! :D)

Voting occurs on the website http://www.keysight.com/main/editorial.jspx?cc=AU&lc=eng&ckey=2677452&id=2677452
 but you need a Facebook account to be able to vote - and if you aren't signed in to your FB account, voting isn't enabled.

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #156 on: April 06, 2016, 12:40:52 pm »
You can create a FB account easily enough - all you need is an email address.

Once created, you can change the settings for privacy so you can basically hide.  There is no need for you to interact with others, doing any of the stuff you hear about.  I say nothing about my personal life, details, interests or anything.  I don't make 'friends' or take any interest in others' lives at all.  You can just set it up and walk away.

I just log in for the voting and then log out.

Offline Fohdeesha

• Contributor
« Reply #157 on: April 06, 2016, 01:16:23 pm »
I know Carlos peripherally through the film industry as a DIT myself, I've seen him help people out, answer their EE questions etc over and over in private industry groups/lists more times than I can even count. Of course he instantly gets my vote. Helping that is the fact he's working with signals higher in frequency than a switchmode power supply on a device that was patented a century ago, but oh well!

What really bugs me is in Nilu's video she states that the induction heater isn't patented and voting for her will open up her world to new business ventures. she's just downright lying to people! Even if she's young that's still really not OK in my book.

And I'd like to address someone's comment from early in this thread that the services offered where you can pay for contest votes are fake scams: some might be, but many (such as the majority on ***) certainly aren't. I've seen them used, the sellers have hundreds of people with real facebook profiles on retainer and they do it all day for a living, and it works. It's $5 for 100 votes or so, you can check the hundreds of positive reviews on****, they certainly get used and certainly works. From the keysight reps response it sounds like they can't even view the individual voting profiles themselves since it's being ran by a third party, but even if they could there wouldn't be any giveaways, it would just look like a bunch of legitimate profiles with a large amount of content set to private. There's a couple interesting papers and videos on youtube about this phenomenon, about the best chance there is of identifying it (and even then only sometimes) is geographically a large amount of the votes will originate from an area/country other than where the winning contestant is located. But even then, that usually isn't considered concrete enough proof to disbar the votes.

I can understand Keysight's thinking that using facebook authentication cuts down on fraudulent voting, but it's simply not the case, and it just makes it a headache for legitimate voters who don't use facebook (as demonstrated by a ton of people in this thread). Depending on the voting services you want to purchase, it can even make it easier.

Here are a couple examples of how easy this is. I can understand if you don't want the links posted here, feel free to remove them if that's the case! A big giveaway to me is there are one or two spots on Nilu's vote history graph where Carlos starts to gain a small lead, and her vote count responds with a quick 100 to 150 vote count increase, the exact amount these services are sold in. Compared to Carlos' slow organic growth over the same time period. I don't mean to point any fingers and it's entirely possible none of this is happening and all of her votes are 100% legitimate. But the possibility is worth considering, especially after looking at the graphs posted.

*******link to voting services removed so people don't start using them************

I know Dave's a really busy guy, but if he did a 2 or 3 minute video on the main eevblog channel pointing people to Carlos video it could help him out a ton. Not just to win him a cool product in a contest but legitimately help out a human being who's made a lot of sacrifices to get into this business and help a guy feed his family who's currently losing to a highschooler who's lying to people about patents in a video. Sorry for the long spiel! As you can see I didn't just create an account today to come try to give Carlos some credit, I've not been a very active poster here but I have been around a bit, and Carlos is a good dude
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 01:54:34 am by Fohdeesha »

Offline cidcorp

• Supporter
« Reply #158 on: April 06, 2016, 01:43:25 pm »
I'm happy to keep voting for Carlos daily, still over a week to votes to go.

The vids aren't working for me, but I suspect it's just a problem with my system... and I've already seen Carlos' video.

Offline HighVoltage

• Super Contributor
« Reply #159 on: April 06, 2016, 01:51:37 pm »
The vids aren't working for me, but I suspect it's just a problem with my system... and I've already seen Carlos' video.
I had the same problem at the beginning on all my systems.
But interestingly, this link worked to look at the videos
https://promotions.spredfast.com/service/v2/canvas_builder/load?id=56aa85e6e2df421243741c60&document=1&channel_id=113698&distro_id=56b24014e2df4218097db8a5&token

You got more votes from all the people in my group as well.
There are 3 kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who can not.

Offline Nibblecounter

« Reply #160 on: April 06, 2016, 01:57:37 pm »
2 votes from me too, today. More will follow ;D Hope you will win the contest :-+ :-+

Offline Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #161 on: April 06, 2016, 02:00:28 pm »
Just a reminder ... you can vote 3 times each day!

Offline diyaudio

• Frequent Contributor
  • !
« Reply #162 on: April 06, 2016, 02:22:55 pm »
I can understand Keysight's thinking that using facebook authentication cuts down on fraudulent voting, but it's simply not the case, and it just makes it a headache for legitimate voters who don't use facebook (as demonstrated by a ton of people in this thread). Depending on the voting services you want to purchase, it can even make it easier.

This is so dam true.

Offline ABHIRAMSHIBU

• Contributor
« Reply #163 on: April 06, 2016, 02:45:20 pm »
I have also voted...

Offline ChunkyPastaSauce

• Supporter
« Reply #164 on: April 06, 2016, 02:52:05 pm »
Starting the plotting again

Offline kripton2035

• Super Contributor
    • kripton2035 schematics repository
« Reply #165 on: April 06, 2016, 03:36:49 pm »
Nilu has actually 2350 votes, so if these paying-vote services are real, it cost her some $80 !!!
she can still pay for a scope of that value it's really unfair.
Carlos, you should buy some votes too ...

Offline Augustus

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #166 on: April 06, 2016, 03:43:53 pm »
Is there any evidence of her cheating or just some bad mouthing a competitor?  :-//
Greetings from the Black Forest, Germany

Offline rx8pilotTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • If you want more money, be more valuable.
« Reply #167 on: April 06, 2016, 04:18:37 pm »
For those willing......
To gain some attention on the forum - would anyone volunteer to change their profile and signature like mine to keep this contest front and center? Its a small thing that could really add up on this forum.

Just wanted to bump that for anyone that may miss it. Gaining EEVBlog forum support is very important. This is the community that will vote based on the content of the presentations. Watch them all and vote for the best one (hint: Carlos A  :-+)

Dave made an AMAZING post yesterday on the EEVBlog drawing attention to the contest. What an honor to have some big exposure in this race, which needs a boost. Thank you Dave.
https://www.eevblog.com/2016/04/06/keysight-6ghz-scope/

Is there any evidence of her cheating or just some bad mouthing a competitor?  :-//

There is no evidence at all. I am personally focused on gaining support by talking to as many people as possible and earning the votes. That is all I can and will do. So far, this has been so amazing. So humbling. On Facebook, I am hearing from people that I have not spoken to in decades. Complete strangers are voting because they believe it is a good cause. All I want is the support that I have earned. Please keep voting, don't bother trying to figure out how the others may be getting votes.

Factory400 - the worlds smallest factory. https://www.youtube.com/c/Factory400

Offline Augustus

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #168 on: April 06, 2016, 04:32:32 pm »
Keysight should definitely have a close look into this, not just Nilu, all of the top contenders. This whole (easy to cheat) Facebook thing has left a lot of people with a very bad gut feeling, given the value of the prize  :palm:
Greetings from the Black Forest, Germany

Offline Fohdeesha

• Contributor
« Reply #169 on: April 06, 2016, 04:56:49 pm »

No concrete evidence whatsoever, the closest thing which amounts to nothing but a hunch is her getting bursts of votes in the same amount you'd buy vote packages for every time Carlos gains a lead, but that's not evidence. I want to clear up my above post and make it known I'm in no way accusing Nilu of those practices, just responding to someone who said they aren't possible and stating that they in fact are. That doesn't mean Nilu is using them! It's very possible and likely Nilu's school is on board and she has large community support which would account for the large jump in votes every time Carlos comes close to leading. Sorry if I came off as accusatory, I wish Nilu the best (even if she did lie in her video to try and gain support)  :)

• Super Contributor
« Reply #170 on: April 06, 2016, 05:36:11 pm »

The following users thanked this post: SeanB, diyaudio, alexanderbrevig

• Super Contributor
« Reply #171 on: April 06, 2016, 06:16:47 pm »
David K's acceleration rate is crazy! Where is that coming from?

Offline jancumps

• Supporter
  • New Low
« Reply #172 on: April 06, 2016, 06:25:54 pm »
I just incurred a neck strain from watching Jiri E's video.
Keep going, Carlos!

Offline Skedgy Sky

• Contributor
  • Robotics Hobbyist
« Reply #173 on: April 06, 2016, 06:39:14 pm »
David K's acceleration rate is crazy! Where is that coming from?

University student sharing like crazy?  :popcorn:
 I'm known campus wide as "electric scooter boy" and "solarbackpack boy". Hard to get by without being recognized |O

Seems that this contest has taken a turn for who's most popular and has the greatest social presence. I saw TONS of Nilu's posts scattered around. Looks to be an effective solution ... although I had a feeling this would be the case of a contest of this type from the beginning.  ::)
All a race for first place. Shame they don't have prizes for the 2nd and 3rd! (maybe they can change this. :) )

• Super Contributor
« Reply #174 on: April 06, 2016, 06:45:10 pm »
Seems that this contest has taken a turn for who's most popular and has the greatest social presence.

Yes - what a deal. I was thinking early on that is was a contest of 'worthiness'. Here we are thrust into a campaigning sprint to get people to click our vote button no matter who they are.

I doubt I will prevail in a popularity contest. I am 42 years old and work at home. It has been a painful push just to get this far, but I have to get back to work or this contest will cost me this months mortgage payment.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf