Author Topic: Working From Home - Impacts of Coronavirus  (Read 228490 times)

Offline Electro Detective

• Super Contributor
Re: Working From Home - Impacts of Coronavirus
« Reply #850 on: April 25, 2020, 11:56:00 pm »

Are there some slight changes in tune and POV here  :-//

Have some members popped a quarter or half a Red Pill in the last few hours?  :o

FYI + FWIW x YMMV:  if it hurts the head a bit at first, and you can't/won't deal with it, or just a scaredy cat and or peer group owned,

then pop two full Blue Pills to quickly counteract the effects  :D

« Last Edit: April 25, 2020, 11:57:52 pm by Electro Detective »

Offline maginnovision

• Super Contributor
« Reply #851 on: April 25, 2020, 11:59:23 pm »
What if you pop two of each?

The following users thanked this post: blueskull

Online SiliconWizard

• Super Contributor
« Reply #852 on: April 26, 2020, 12:01:27 am »
Then just use some disinfectant.

The following users thanked this post: bd139

Offline maginnovision

• Super Contributor
« Reply #853 on: April 26, 2020, 12:16:09 am »
Then just use some disinfectant.

You're too much, I'm going to go take a clorox bath.

Offline Electro Detective

• Super Contributor
« Reply #854 on: April 26, 2020, 12:51:20 am »
Update on the transparent plastic (?) screens

An ALDI store I popped into yesterday, to get some groceries in a simple, calm, courteous, civilized, non-hoarding manner,

had a spanking new properly rigged up full surround counter operator screen, that stretched out a bit to the conveyer belt

All properly assembled afaict with screws, washers and nuts,
and self drill/tap metal screws where applicable into woodwork and or metal trim 

Definitely not a short term install, solid enough for the six months duration 'hinted'  ::)

or a stretched out easy peasy to deploy SIX YEAR 'C' sting op, if the screens are maintained with Windex  :-+

assuming the dunny paper hoarders don't stock up on that too   >:(

EDIT: another ALDI store a few suburbs away has the same setup,
I'd say they'll all be done soon or already have 

« Last Edit: April 26, 2020, 08:45:42 am by Electro Detective »

Offline rdl

• Super Contributor
« Reply #855 on: April 26, 2020, 01:02:06 am »
I've been following the State Dept. of Health COVID-19 case numbers for weeks now. The number is up close to 6,000 confirmed cases. That number is just going to get bigger forever. I've been wondering why they aren't reporting the number of people that are currently sick? Even an estimate would be better than nothing and much more useful than an ever escalating confirmed cases number.

Online coppice

• Super Contributor
« Reply #856 on: April 26, 2020, 01:12:52 am »
I've been following the State Dept. of Health COVID-19 case numbers for weeks now. The number is up close to 6,000 confirmed cases. That number is just going to get bigger forever. I've been wondering why they aren't reporting the number of people that are currently sick? Even an estimate would be better than nothing and much more useful than an ever escalating confirmed cases number.
Most places are quoting confirmed cases, confirmed recoveries and deaths.

Online EEVblogTopic starter

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #857 on: April 26, 2020, 01:26:34 am »

The only figure I look at is the new cases daily vs tested daily.

Online PlainName

• Super Contributor
« Reply #858 on: April 26, 2020, 01:28:41 am »
Is there a key for that? Pink bars are...?

Offline rdl

• Super Contributor
« Reply #859 on: April 26, 2020, 01:38:42 am »
Most useful information I've found so far is a chart showing that there are just over 600 confirmed cases currently hospitalized. Seems like more than half of the reported cases would be over it by now.

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #860 on: April 26, 2020, 02:00:19 am »
And where do infection issues come from? Yes, those come from complications from surgery and accidents. Do I really need to explain that? Again, either the ICU doctor isn't the sharpest one or his/her words where taken out of context.
Isolation doesn't just hamper the spread of Covid specifically. It'd be very interesting to see how much isolation impacted various other diseases.

The following users thanked this post: NiHaoMike

Offline chickenHeadKnob

• Super Contributor
« Reply #861 on: April 26, 2020, 07:53:15 am »
[
Isolation doesn't just hamper the spread of Covid specifically. It'd be very interesting to see how much isolation impacted various other diseases.

In Hong Kong the concurrent caseload of seasonal influenza went to zero in March.

Online EEVblogTopic starter

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #862 on: April 26, 2020, 08:39:05 am »
Is there a key for that? Pink bars are...?

Pink bars are tests per day.
Black line is daily new cases.

Offline paulca

• Super Contributor
« Reply #863 on: April 26, 2020, 09:13:15 am »
I believe the reason for stopping Cemo is that it (and the drugs that go with it) suppresses the immune system dramatically.  Thus not something you want to doing with a deadly virus around.  However, maybe it's been over done.

Below is an interview with a respiratory consultant.  Some of it is speculative, but clearly put as such.  The bit that interests me is the concept that getting the virus is not digital.  It could very much matter what kind of dose you get.  There is also believe that while PPE works it's not 100% and health care workers are highly likely to be receiving daily minimal doses of infection.

The other interesting stuff is how infection can be mild or severe condition and what are the risk factors of that.  It seems there are some clear markers of risk, but some of more illusive.  Age and sex (over twice as many males with severe condition).  But others are a bit more confusing.

The other thing I've seen which is interesting.  "Going Korean" on it to get out of lock down is looking like a viable option.  That would involve aggressive testing, contact tracing, isolating and reporting cases on apps so that people who shared space with those who test positive can present for testing.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2020, 09:16:24 am by paulca »
"What could possibly go wrong?"
Current Open Projects:  STM32F411RE+ESP32+TFT for home IoT (NoT) projects.  Child's advent xmas countdown toy.  Digital audio routing board.

Offline paulca

• Super Contributor
« Reply #864 on: April 26, 2020, 09:26:38 am »
versus Normal Day To Day sniffles, head colds, bronchitis, smokers cough n splutter, kids  -running nose-  and high temperature mashup flu,
flying swine flew, exotic bird flu, pick a country flu, mad cow disease flu, 'one flu over the cuckoos nest' believe anything flu,
old age flu from being caged in and stressed,
and any other endorsed  FEARASCO  flu

SO flu is fake?  Viruses are fake? 

And what would be the purpose and who would be the driver of such a conspiracy.  Is it all a big hoax by NetFlix and Amazon prime to get people to stay home and watch TV and order shit they don't need?

Here's an idea.  If you are really sure of your self, it's fairly easy for you to put your money/life where you mouth is and go snort a few supermarket trolley handle.

A safer way would probably be to take a trip down to your local emergency room and tell them you believe it's a hoax and maybe, maybe they might show you what's going on there.
"What could possibly go wrong?"
Current Open Projects:  STM32F411RE+ESP32+TFT for home IoT (NoT) projects.  Child's advent xmas countdown toy.  Digital audio routing board.

Online nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #865 on: April 26, 2020, 09:48:46 am »
A safer way would probably be to take a trip down to your local emergency room and tell them you believe it's a hoax and maybe, maybe they might show you what's going on there.
So far Australia hasn't been really hit yet so the situation is far better compared to that of the northern hemisphere... but ya'll know: winter is coming to the southern hemisphere!
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Online aargee

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #866 on: April 26, 2020, 10:43:33 am »
Yes but with global warming and all... winter ... pfft.
Not easy, not hard, just need to be incentivised.

Offline Mr. Scram

• Super Contributor
  • Display aficionado
« Reply #867 on: April 26, 2020, 11:05:35 am »
The charts to see are ones displaying Isolation From Money due to Genuine VERIFIED Sniffles Induced From Corona

versus Normal Day To Day sniffles, head colds, bronchitis, smokers cough n splutter, kids  -running nose-  and high temperature mashup flu,
flying swine flew, exotic bird flu, pick a country flu, mad cow disease flu, 'one flu over the cuckoos nest' believe anything flu,
old age flu from being caged in and stressed,
and any other endorsed  FEARASCO  flu

It would be handy to know who's actually running the statistics show and their affiliations
Who pays their wages, who distributes it on the internet and news media circus,
details of their stat source network/s  etc

Or is that too difficult, and meandering towards verboten conspiracy theory ?  :o :scared:

I can see why everyone is just rolling with this on faith and trust, it's a lot easier on the brain isn't it?
hoping it will blow away soon and convinced I'm full of it

Losing Tip: just keep rolling with it and don't stop believin...
Who pays your wages? We have a right to know who owns you. We can't ascertain the relevance of your statements without knowing your affiliations.

Offline Muttley Snickers

• Supporter
  • Cursed: 679 times
« Reply #868 on: April 26, 2020, 11:37:14 am »
Apparently the Covidsafe bluetooth application is now ready for Australians to download.   :-\ 
They should make it so if you are in close proximity to somebody else for too long your
phone generates an annoyingly loud coughing sound, better to be safe than sick.   >:D

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-04-26/coronavirus-tracing-app-covidsafe-australia-government-covid-19/12186130

Offline thinkfat

• Supporter
  • This is just a hobby I spend too much time on.
    • Matthias' Hackerstübchen
« Reply #869 on: April 26, 2020, 11:41:53 am »
I can see why everyone is just rolling with this on faith and trust, it's a lot easier on the brain isn't it?
hoping it will blow away soon and convinced I'm full of it

I think you've made your point sufficiently clear now. Looking at your recent posts I think you have not brought up a new argument or fact in at least a week if not two (I didn't bother looking back further).

What about keeping your mouth shut for a while instead of constantly trying to derail yet another thread?
Everybody likes gadgets. Until they try to make them.

The following users thanked this post: nctnico, james_s, Jacon, Electro Detective

Online PlainName

• Super Contributor
« Reply #870 on: April 26, 2020, 11:50:45 am »
They should make it so if you are in close proximity to somebody else for too long your
phone generates an annoyingly loud coughing sound

That would be an excellent wheeze if it could be done reliably  :-+

Black line is daily new cases.

Thanks. Looks good!

Online coppice

• Super Contributor
« Reply #871 on: April 26, 2020, 12:09:37 pm »
phone generates an annoyingly loud coughing sound

That would be an excellent wheeze if it could be done reliably  :-+
If the phone makes an excellent wheeze, that would be a more subtle approach than making it cough.  :)

Online SiliconWizard

• Super Contributor
« Reply #872 on: April 26, 2020, 02:11:41 pm »
Apparently the Covidsafe bluetooth application is now ready for Australians to download.   :-\ 
phone generates an annoyingly loud coughing sound, better to be safe than sick.   >:D

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-04-26/coronavirus-tracing-app-covidsafe-australia-government-covid-19/12186130

Something llike this is being worked on over here as well.

I'll let everyone judge what this means as far as individual freedom and privacy go.
Of course they are all swearing everything will get anonymized.
Of course they are all swearing (well, the talk is already slightly changing now) that installing this will be optional.

That's interesting to see that now "going Korean" seems like a valid option, whereas just a couple weeks ago, when some of us were saying we should take a look at what the countries that managed to get this under control did, many were just saying we had no proof that really worked. (Same thing with masks BTW.) Oh well. Only fools and dead men don't change their minds.

But still, as I already said earlier, I for one am pretty concerned about all those measures and tools that are going to be severely damaging our freedom and privacy.

Online nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #873 on: April 26, 2020, 02:39:06 pm »
What I find annoying is that every country seems to want to develop their own Corona tracking app. In the end the functionality is the same because the problem is exactly the same for everyon so why not use one and the same app? I get the impression some government officials have the pipe dream of developing an app that somehow doesn't need to collect any information  :palm:
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Offline james_s

• Super Contributor
« Reply #874 on: April 26, 2020, 05:52:07 pm »
I suspect it's going to be very hard to convince many people to install a tracking app from some other country. I know it's not rational, I mean people think nothing of handing over their personal information to social networking sites but anything associated in some way with government and the conspiracy theories start to fly. This is despite the fact that it's called a tracking app and the tracking is laid out right in front of you instead of being obfuscated as is the case with most. I wonder if they could just use the existing social networking apps, they're probably already installed on more phones than a new tracking app ever will be.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf