Author Topic: Where to ask for repair  (Read 307 times)

Offline axeroTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
Where to ask for repair
« on: June 15, 2024, 12:48:30 pm »
Does anyone know where I could send electronics in exchange for someone making a teardown video and even presenting what went wrong and how to repair it, and even conduct a discussion on what could be improved with the power bank in order to prevent a similar failure from happening again?

I have a power bank of a bit higher quality that can provide 100W. It comes with 5 years warranty from the manufacturer. When I reported the failure, they sent me a new one without asking questions. For that I'm happy, but I'm a bit disappointed that they didn't ask for me to send them my faulty unit so that they could gather information that would improve their products. I think the batteries are in very good condition so I don't feel good about throwing it away either.

So I'm willing to send the faulty unit to anyone and would appreciate if that person would make a video about it like i mentioned above. So you can repair it and keep it in exchange for some enlightenment and bunch of interested YouTube viewers. I think it could contribute to an interesting discussion about fast charging technology and what are the challenges of providing this from a battery bank.

Offline soldar

• Super Contributor
Re: Where to ask for repair
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2024, 01:33:36 pm »
This seems to be right up Big Clive's YouTube channel but I never had any luck contacting him. Maybe you will have better luck. If you do please let me know because I have a couple of things I'd send him.
All my posts are made with 100% recycled electrons and bare traces of grey matter.

Offline wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2024, 01:36:08 pm »
This seems to be right up Big Clive's YouTube channel but I never had any luck contacting him. Maybe you will have better luck. If you do please let me know because I have a couple of things I'd send him.
I don't think he's repairing anything. He mostly tears down and reverse engineers cheap simple things.

Offline wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2024, 01:37:25 pm »
Note that as power bank contains Lithium batteries, it can be pain in the ass to ship it, especially internationally,

Offline tooki

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2024, 03:51:01 pm »
When I reported the failure, they sent me a new one without asking questions. For that I'm happy, but I'm a bit disappointed that they didn't ask for me to send them my faulty unit so that they could gather information that would improve their products.
They probably don’t need to recover every failed unit (aka “engineering capture”)  in order to gather this data. It is probably enough to get a few % back. Or they might use enough of them themselves that they can see how they fail over time.

Or they simply don’t care because they aren’t the actual manufacturer, and just resell product made for them.

Online Zero999

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2024, 06:35:30 pm »
I don't think he's repairing anything. He mostly tears down and reverse engineers cheap simple things.
He's done a few repair videos.
https://www.youtube.com/@bigclivedotcom/search?query=repair

Offline soldar

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2024, 06:49:29 pm »
He's done a few repair videos.
https://www.youtube.com/@bigclivedotcom/search?query=repair

I do not have a Google or YouTube account and I've tried emailing him at his website but got no response. If anyone has a better contact email I would appreciate it.

I have some failed electric blanket (bed warmer) controls and they are a mystery to me. I have no idea how they might work. I just replace them with self-made triac controls.
All my posts are made with 100% recycled electrons and bare traces of grey matter.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf