Author Topic: HDMI Powered Audio Extractor Bluetooth Transmitter  (Read 554 times)

Offline dellsam34Topic starter

• Regular Contributor
HDMI Powered Audio Extractor Bluetooth Transmitter
« on: February 05, 2023, 09:26:12 pm »
This is probably a pipe dream but I need to monitor audio from a HDMI out using my Sony Bluetooth headphones, Is there really a compact size HDMI audio extractor built in audio Bluetooth transmitter that plugs into a HDMI output socket and get powered by it? I've seen bigger HDMI audio extractors that require a separate power source and a HDMI cable, but my quest is to find one like in the attached illustration (taken from a video transmitter stock image) that can be plugged in and powered by the HDMI connector's 5V pin?

Offline NiHaoMike

• Super Contributor
  • "Don't turn it on - Take it apart!"
    • Facebook Page
Re: HDMI Powered Audio Extractor Bluetooth Transmitter
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2023, 04:38:48 am »
You could cobble one together out of a cheap HDMI to VGA+audio adapter and a Bluetooth audio transmitter module.
Cryptocurrency has taught me to love math and at the same time be baffled by it.

Cryptocurrency lesson 0: Altcoins and Bitcoin are not the same thing.

Offline dellsam34Topic starter

• Regular Contributor
Re: HDMI Powered Audio Extractor Bluetooth Transmitter
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2023, 08:36:39 am »
I guess it could be made from DIY PCB kits, I know there are HDMI to SPDIF audio extractors tiny PCB's and there are SPDIF Bluetooth transmitters tiny PCBs, It's just a matter of connecting both SPDIF ends together and have them both powered from the HDMI 5V pin which can handles up to 300mA, The casing can be 3D printed at home. It's worth investigating.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf