Author Topic: "Veritasium" (YT) - "The Big Misconception About Electricity" ?  (Read 247949 times)

Offline TimFox

• Super Contributor
  • Retired, now restoring antique test equipment
Re: "Veritasium" (YT) - "The Big Misconception About Electricity" ?
« Reply #1350 on: February 25, 2022, 10:33:42 pm »
No, the anisotropy is of the radiation itself, and concerns its origin.
The dipole anisotropy, first figure in the page cited, concerns the motion of the terrestial observation with respect to the rest frame of the cosmic radiation, presumably indicating where the original bang occurred with respect to our galaxy, etc.  It corresponds nicely to the Earth's annual orbital motion.
Further measurements have demonstrated other features of the anisotropy, less magnitude than the primary dipole distribution.

Offline aetherist

• Frequent Contributor
  • !
  • The aether will return. It never left.
« Reply #1351 on: February 25, 2022, 10:41:08 pm »
LOLOL

"CMBR is rubbish and doesn't exist according to an uncorroborated Soviet antenna and the opinions of a medical radiologist"

"Of course CMBR proves the aetherwind."

I really ought to be doing other things but I can't help myself.  :-DD
U dont seem to understand that if the CMBR proves the aetherwind then that undermines Einsteinian stuff which undermines bigbang stuff which undermines CMBR which brings us back where we started.

The Soviets also sank the CMBR stuff done by theusofa WMAP & COBE families teams. Theusofa teams got Nobels, but the Soviets didnt.
The Soviets launched the first such satellite in 1983 -- Relikt-1. Later they launched Relikt-2 [edit][Relikt-2 never launched]. These showed that the later calibrations by theusofa were rubbish, because it was discovered that Relikt-1 suffered due to a large signal from Earth, & this had to be overcome by Relikt-2 by using a different orbit etc. [edit][Relikt-2 never launched]

« Last Edit: February 25, 2022, 11:47:34 pm by aetherist »

Offline aetherist

• Frequent Contributor
  • !
« Reply #1352 on: February 25, 2022, 10:47:53 pm »
No, the anisotropy is of the radiation itself, and concerns its origin.
The dipole anisotropy, first figure in the page cited, concerns the motion of the terrestial observation with respect to the rest frame of the cosmic radiation, presumably indicating where the original bang occurred with respect to our galaxy, etc.  It corresponds nicely to the Earth's annual orbital motion.
Further measurements have demonstrated other features of the anisotropy, less magnitude than the primary dipole distribution.
Nope. Any anisotropy supports aetherwind.
However, the CMBR anisotropy has about the right speed of 400 km/s, but it is about 90 deg away from the historical direction of the aetherwind.
But that 90 deg is not a big deal, koz the aetherwind can only be measured near Earth, whereas the CMBR (if it exists) is outside our galaxy.
I am not sure what u mean re Earth's orbit. This is 30 km/s. And it should show up somewhere in that there 400 km/s i suppose, bearing in mind that satellites orbit the Earth, & Planck is sitting on Earth.

Offline TimFox

• Super Contributor
  • Retired, now restoring antique test equipment
« Reply #1353 on: February 25, 2022, 10:52:43 pm »
"Any anisotropy supports aetherwind"
That statement is logically absurd.  You could describe a specific hypothetical anisotropy that you claim would be caused by an aetherwind, and then someone else could easily postulate an anisotropy contrary to that.
Be more careful about absolute terms such as "any", "all", "none", etc.

Offline HuronKing

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1354 on: February 25, 2022, 10:58:06 pm »

U dont seem to understand that if the CMBR proves the aetherwind then that undermines Einsteinian stuff which undermines bigbang stuff which undermines CMBR which brings us back where we started.

You don't seem to understand how logic works.  >:D

The Soviets also sank the CMBR stuff done by theusofa WMAP & COBE families teams. Theusofa teams got Nobels, but the Soviets didnt.
The Soviets launched the first such satellite in 1983 -- Relikt-1. Later they launched Relikt-2.

Relikt-1 confirmed CMBR and Relikt-2 never launched. WTF are you talking about?

These showed that the later calibrations by theusofa were rubbish, because it was discovered that Relikt-1 suffered due to a large signal from Earth, & this had to be overcome by Relikt-2 by using a different orbit etc.

You're just all over the place. Do you have a source that says Relikt-2 launched? If so, where is the data?

The Soviet paper on the subject found their measurements in Relikt-1 to be in agreement with those of COBE.
https://ui.adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/1992MNRAS.258...71K/abstract

The following users thanked this post: TimFox

Offline aetherist

• Frequent Contributor
  • !
« Reply #1355 on: February 25, 2022, 11:40:31 pm »
"Any anisotropy supports aetherwind"
That statement is logically absurd.  You could describe a specific hypothetical anisotropy that you claim would be caused by an aetherwind, and then someone else could easily postulate an anisotropy contrary to that.
Be more careful about absolute terms such as "any", "all", "none", etc.
Ok, i suppose that i have to agree that anisotropy duznt necessarily support aetherwind.
I would like to know more about BB theory, & CMBR theory.
I suppose that the motion of the solar system relative to surface of last scattering duznt in theory need an aetherwind.
But the whole truth will emerge shortly.

Anyhow, allow me to warn u that a CMBR duznt necessarily support the bigbang.

https://philpapers.org/rec/ASSHOT

History of the 2.7 K Temperature Prior to Penzias and Wilson
A. K. T. Assis*  M. C. D. Neves
We present the history of estimates of the temperature of intergalactic space. We begin with the works of Guillaume and Eddington on the temperature of interstellar space due to starlight belonging to our Milky Way galaxy. Then we discuss works relating to cosmic radiation, concentrating on Regener and Nernst. We also discuss Finlay-Freundlich’s and Max Born’s important research on this topic. Finally, we present the work of Gamow and collaborators. We show that the models based on a Universe in dynamical equilibrium without expansion predicted the 2.7 K temperature prior to and better than models based on the Big Bang.

Our conclusion is that the discovery of the CBR by Penzias and Wilson is a decisive factor in favour of a Universe in dynamical equilibrium, and against models of an expanding Universe, such as the Big Bang and the steady-state.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2022, 12:06:57 am by aetherist »

Offline adx

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1356 on: February 25, 2022, 11:46:35 pm »

The whole failure to launch was faked. The absence of sensor data was actually recorded during an engineered quiet period while it was up in space, specially timed to look like it had not launched. The lack of graticules on the film supposedly taken from ground were erased from shots taken in space, and the forlorn looks on the faces of scientists were actually from actors paid to look sad, while the real scientists partied on vodka with NASA conspirators via video link. Photos of Relikt-2 on the ground are actually of Relikt-1 while the former was in outer space. When the experiments returned to Earth, tapes were rewound to different points and vacuum tubes were filled with air to cover up evidence of space.

The following users thanked this post: HuronKing

Offline aetherist

• Frequent Contributor
  • !
« Reply #1357 on: February 25, 2022, 11:47:58 pm »
You don't seem to understand how logic works.  >:D
The Soviets launched the first such satellite in 1983 -- Relikt-1. Later they launched Relikt-2.
These showed that the later calibrations by theusofa were rubbish, because it was discovered that Relikt-1 suffered due to a large signal from Earth, & this had to be overcome by Relikt-2 by using a different orbit etc.
You're just all over the place. Do you have a source that says Relikt-2 launched? If so, where is the data?

The Soviet paper on the subject found their measurements in Relikt-1 to be in agreement with those of COBE.
https://ui.adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/1992MNRAS.258...71K/abstract
Yes i think u are correct. Relikt-2 never launched. The shortcomings of Relikt-1 had been used in the design of Relikt-2 but it never launched. Yes i was being lazy & relying mainly on old memories, dangerous.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2022, 12:08:25 am by aetherist »

Offline aetherist

• Frequent Contributor
  • !
« Reply #1358 on: February 26, 2022, 12:50:06 am »
The whole failure to launch was faked. The absence of sensor data was actually recorded during an engineered quiet period while it was up in space, specially timed to look like it had not launched. The lack of graticules on the film supposedly taken from ground were erased from shots taken in space, and the forlorn looks on the faces of scientists were actually from actors paid to look sad, while the real scientists partied on vodka with NASA conspirators via video link. Photos of Relikt-2 on the ground are actually of Relikt-1 while the former was in outer space. When the experiments returned to Earth, tapes were rewound to different points and vacuum tubes were filled with air to cover up evidence of space.
Ok ok i have to apologise for Relikt-2 not launching. I think that it was koz theusofa had more $$$ to throw at the time. The bust up of the USSR might have had an effect.

All i know for sure is that Relikt-1 was put into orbit to make sure that it was out of reach of pigeons. But i reckon that my championship winning blue-barred might have given it a fright.
Anyhow the Relikt-1 had an apogee of 700,000 km just to make sure.

It is well known that the Nobel committee was back then dominated by pigeon lovers, so the Soviets didnt have a chance.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2022, 01:11:38 am by aetherist »

Offline adx

• Frequent Contributor

Offline SandyCox

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1360 on: February 26, 2022, 01:34:17 pm »
I had a look at thems antenna articles, re rain & water & wet antennas. I couldn’t understand any of it. I couldn’t even work out whether they were transmitting or receiving or both. They talked about water foam of 1 water to 10 air. They mentioned 0.5 mm of water cover. Big drops every inch or two. They mentioned a 30% change (in the right direction).
I don’t know how electons would explain any of that. They said that some antennas were badly affected by rain, & some were almost useless. They even said that rain affected an insulated antenna. How the hell did they get that?
Much of their stuff was based on models, not actual measurements. In fact none was base on measurement. Say no more.
https://www.qsl.net/yu1aw/Misc/wetantenas.pdf
There is no fundamental difference between a transmitting and receiving antenna. That's why they don't have to say whether it's a transmitting or receiving antenna. And no. If you cant see why this is the case it's not because the theory is wrong. It's because you are ignorant.
There is always a difference tween a transmitting antenna & a receiving antenna. It is usually 100 km or 1000 km or more. If there is very little difference, say 1 km, then the antennas can be old cans of Bud Light (355 mL).

U say it makes no difference whether it is a transmitting antenna or a receiving antenna. I do see 4 differences.
IS IS………………  The transmitting antenna is affected by rain. The receiving antenna is affected by rain.
IS AINT……….…  The transmitting antenna is affected by rain. The receiving antenna is not affected.
AINT IS……….….  The transmitting antenna is not affected. The receiving antenna is affected.
AINT AINT……...  The transmitting antenna is not affected. The receiving antenna is not affected.
Engineers analyse antennas by solving Maxwell's equations, either theoretically or numerically. These solutions tell us that rain has an effect on an insulated antenna. Rain changes the electromagnetic environment on and around the antenna.
I am very interested in exactly why an insulated antenna acts differently when wet.
I would be even more interested in any measurements that confirmed that why.
You obviously have no idea what you are talking about. You are wasting your time on scientific conspiracy theories that are based on ignorance and misconceptions. (Like Catt's paper.) Why don't you rather spend time to familiarize yourself with the theory of Electromagnetics?
I don’t think that antenna designers or users have conspired to cover up Einsteinian problems.

I am looking for antenna instances where drifting electrons give a better explanation than my electons.
And where my electons give a better explanation.
And where both work ok.
And where both don’t work.
And i suspect that these instances might be more apparent if we introduce insulation on the wires.
And perhaps wet antennas can tell us something worthwhile.

Antenna designers & users have no idea what i am talking about, ie my electons.
And antenna designers & users have no idea that their precious radio waves are not photons.
And that photons are not radio waves.
But ignorance & misconceptions do not appear to have resulted in them wasting their time. But mightbe it has.
They might be thrilled to hear of my electons. And my explanation for radio waves.

Funny. At a family reunion some years ago i had a nice argument with one of my relatives re electricity & re radio waves. He has written a number of books re design & wiring of radio stuff. Anyhow i heard that he got cleaned up by a runaway trailer whilst cleaning the roadside with his club, & that he has brain damage. I doubt that i will have a chance to ask him what he thinks about my electons.

I have absolutely no idea what you're trying to say. I'm not fluent in gibberish.

What does your new theory say about a dipole antenna. What does its radiation pattern look like? For a transmitting and receiving dipole?

Can you point us to some of the books your relative wrote. What exactly happened to him?

The following users thanked this post: daqq

Offline daqq

• Super Contributor
    • My site
« Reply #1361 on: February 26, 2022, 03:55:24 pm »
Then get a VNA and do those measurements. You can get good ones for a few thousand USD. Or you can use something like the nanoVNA, though I'm not sure of the parameters.
Believe it or not, pointy haired people do exist!
+++Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

Offline aetherist

• Frequent Contributor
  • !
« Reply #1362 on: February 26, 2022, 09:25:51 pm »
I had a look at thems antenna articles, re rain & water & wet antennas. I couldn’t understand any of it. I couldn’t even work out whether they were transmitting or receiving or both. They talked about water foam of 1 water to 10 air. They mentioned 0.5 mm of water cover. Big drops every inch or two. They mentioned a 30% change (in the right direction).
I don’t know how electons would explain any of that. They said that some antennas were badly affected by rain, & some were almost useless. They even said that rain affected an insulated antenna. How the hell did they get that?
Much of their stuff was based on models, not actual measurements. In fact none was base on measurement. Say no more.
https://www.qsl.net/yu1aw/Misc/wetantenas.pdf
There is no fundamental difference between a transmitting and receiving antenna. That's why they don't have to say whether it's a transmitting or receiving antenna. And no. If you cant see why this is the case it's not because the theory is wrong. It's because you are ignorant.
There is always a difference tween a transmitting antenna & a receiving antenna. It is usually 100 km or 1000 km or more. If there is very little difference, say 1 km, then the antennas can be old cans of Bud Light (355 mL).

U say it makes no difference whether it is a transmitting antenna or a receiving antenna. I do see 4 differences.
IS IS………………  The transmitting antenna is affected by rain. The receiving antenna is affected by rain.
IS AINT……….…  The transmitting antenna is affected by rain. The receiving antenna is not affected.
AINT IS……….….  The transmitting antenna is not affected. The receiving antenna is affected.
AINT AINT……...  The transmitting antenna is not affected. The receiving antenna is not affected.
Engineers analyse antennas by solving Maxwell's equations, either theoretically or numerically. These solutions tell us that rain has an effect on an insulated antenna. Rain changes the electromagnetic environment on and around the antenna.
I am very interested in exactly why an insulated antenna acts differently when wet.
You obviously have no idea what you are talking about. You are wasting your time on scientific conspiracy theories that are based on ignorance and misconceptions. (Like Catt's paper.) Why don't you rather spend time to familiarize yourself with the theory of Electromagnetics?
I don’t think that antenna designers or users have conspired to cover up Einsteinian problems.

I am looking for antenna instances where drifting electrons give a better explanation than my electons.
And where my electons give a better explanation.
And where both work ok.
And where both don’t work.
And i suspect that these instances might be more apparent if we introduce insulation on the wires.
And perhaps wet antennas can tell us something worthwhile.

Antenna designers & users have no idea what i am talking about, ie my electons.
And antenna designers & users have no idea that their precious radio waves are not photons.
And that photons are not radio waves.
But ignorance & misconceptions do not appear to have resulted in them wasting their time. But mightbe it has.
They might be thrilled to hear of my electons. And my explanation for radio waves.

Funny. At a family reunion some years ago i had a nice argument with one of my relatives re electricity & re radio waves. He has written a number of books re design & wiring of radio stuff. Anyhow i heard that he got cleaned up by a runaway trailer whilst cleaning the roadside with his club, & that he has brain damage. I doubt that i will have a chance to ask him what he thinks about my electons.
I have absolutely no idea what you're trying to say. I'm not fluent in gibberish.

I suspect that the insulation or wetness problem with antennas arises mainly in the IS/AINT  & the AINT/IS  configurations, not so much in the  IS/IS  & the  AINT/AINT  configurations.

gibberish  /ˈdʒɪb(ə)rɪʃ/   Learn to pronounce      noun      unintelligible or meaningless speech or writing; nonsense.  "he talks gibberish"

gibber1  /ˈdʒɪbə/    verb   speak rapidly and unintelligibly, typically through fear or shock.    "they shrieked and gibbered as flames surrounded them"

gibber desert…..    The terms 'stony downs' or 'gibber plains' are used to describe desert pavement in Australia. ... It is a desert surface covered with closely packed, interlocking angular or rounded rock fragments of pebble and cobble size

gibber…..     rock- and pebble-littered area of arid or semi-arid country in Australia. The rocks are generally angular fragments formed from broken up duricrust, usually silcrete, a hardened crust of soil cemented by silica (SiO2). The gravel cover may be only one rock fragment deep, or it may consist of several layers buried in fine-grained material that is thought to have been blown in. A gibber is generally considered a result of mechanical weathering because silica is almost inert to chemical weathering.
What does your new theory say about a dipole antenna. What does its radiation pattern look like? For a transmitting and receiving dipole?

I think that an insulated dipole or a wet dipole would in effect have a shorter L. And i suspect that that would lower its effective frequencies. This might lower the antenna's happy frequency by the ratio of the speed of light in air to the speed of light in water or to the speed of light in plastic.

I am not sure whether "happy frequency" is a valid technical term, but it should be. We might have the Happiness of an antenna (units needed here). The inverse could be called Haplessness.

adx said that insulation on an antenna affected its power by only a few %, not the 0.67 to 1.00 ratio that my electons suggest. But, adx should have been referring to the ratios of the happy frequencies, not the ratio of the powers.
Can you point us to some of the books your relative wrote. What exactly happened to him?
I emailed Tony Wakefield (he has been mentioned in this thread), he is a ham & lives in Melbourne too & might know of Diamond & his books.

Diamond was with his club cleaning rubbish from the center median of a dual highway in Melbourne when a say builder's trailer came off & hit him, he didn’t see it coming, he was in hospital for months, had brain damage, was in the same ward as my wife (his cousin) who died of brain cancer, & they didn’t know that the other was there. I don’t know how he is nowadays. I remember him telling me that his favorit person was Faraday. I think i argued with him that electricity was not due to electron drift, & i might have argued with him that radio waves were not photons, & i might have mentioned the aetherwind affecting the speed of radio waves, it was about 6 years ago, i didn’t yet have my new (electon) electricity theory back then.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2022, 09:43:56 pm by aetherist »

Offline aetherist

• Frequent Contributor
  • !
« Reply #1363 on: February 26, 2022, 09:36:43 pm »
Then get a VNA and do those measurements. You can get good ones for a few thousand USD. Or you can use something like the nanoVNA, though I'm not sure of the parameters.
I dont know the difference tween a VNA & an oscilloscope. But i would keep clear of radio antenna stuff i think -- too complicated. However Veritasium's gedanken & AlphaPhoenix's X involve a kind of radio effect.
I wish i had Howardlong's 20 GHz scope. I would do screw-thread tests for sure. Even an amateur like me wouldnt go far wrong. Even AlphaPhoenix could do it i reckon (hmmm prapsknot).
I contacted my local university re a screw-thread test but they have not answered.

Offline HuronKing

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1364 on: February 26, 2022, 10:21:10 pm »

Offline aetherist

• Frequent Contributor
  • !
« Reply #1365 on: February 27, 2022, 01:28:04 am »

Feynman has never said anything useful or interesting to me & my science, but i havnt spent much time on him.
Much of what he says in the youtube supports me.
He reckons that the sun shines from Einstein's bum, hence that lowers Feynman to the category of someone who is unlikely to teach me anything worthwhile.
And i believe that i can learn something from anyone, but Feynman might be an exception.
I dont know what he thought about aether.
However he might have liked my electons.
Here are some of his better sayings. Most of his sayings did not impress me at all.

A very great deal more truth can become known than can be proven.

Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.

Science alone of all the subjects contains within itself the lesson of the danger of belief in the infallibility of the greatest teachers of the preceding generation.

The electron is a theory we use; it is so useful in understanding the way nature works that we can almost call it real

Offline HuronKing

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1366 on: February 27, 2022, 01:49:08 am »
Feynman has never said anything useful or interesting to me & my science, but i havnt spent much time on him.

Of course. Because you're allergic to learning.
https://www.feynmanlectures.caltech.edu/

Lol.
"I don't know what he says. It isn't interesting. But it supports me."

Gawd you are an endless source of completely unaware self-parody.  :-DD

He reckons that the sun shines from Einstein's bum, hence that lowers Feynman to the category of someone who is unlikely to teach me anything worthwhile.
And i believe that i can learn something from anyone, but Feynman might be an exception.

Indeed. You should stay far away from Feynman lest you learn something useful.  >:D

Lucky for you, he wrote down what he thought about aether. But I wouldn't open this link if I were you - you might break out in an allergic rash:
https://www.feynmanlectures.caltech.edu/I_15.html

Nah. He said in the video I posted what he would've thought about you. You're just another crank asking the safecracker if they tried combination 20-30-40.

I was hoping you might've watched his remarks and maybe, just maybe, might've understood why academics ignore you. But nope. Ah well.

Offline aetherist

• Frequent Contributor
  • !
« Reply #1367 on: February 27, 2022, 02:01:06 am »
Of course. Because you're allergic to learning.
https://www.feynmanlectures.caltech.edu/
Lol."I don't know what he says. It isn't interesting. But it supports me."

Gawd you are an endless source of completely unaware self-parody.  :-DD

Indeed. You should stay far away from Feynman lest you learn something useful.  >:D

Lucky for you, he wrote down what he thought about aether. But I wouldn't open this link if I were you - you might break out in an allergic rash:
https://www.feynmanlectures.caltech.edu/I_15.html
Nah. He said in the video I posted what he would've thought about you. You're just another crank asking the safecracker if they tried combination 20-30-40.

I was hoping you might've watched his remarks and maybe, just maybe, might've understood why academics ignore you. But nope. Ah well.
I had a look. Omigosh. I didnt realize just how stupid Feynman was. In less than 60 sec i see that he thort that Einstein believed in mass increase with speed. No.
He reckoned that the MMXs were null. No.
He believed in time dilation. Wrong.
I will read the rest later. What a dill.
At the end he parrots the usual krapp that an electron can go faster than slowed light. Nope. Impossible. Another modern science mistake.

U using the safecracker story as an  example tells me that not only do u not understand electricity but u dont understand logic.
The electron drift theory is not an example of someone trying to find something, it is an example of someone saying that they have found something.
And along kums me & tells them that they have not found what they were looking for, & i tell them the good news that i have found what they are looking for.
And they abuse me. Which shows that they were not really interested in the thing they were looking for, they were mainly interested in the glory of finding it.
And, when they had trouble finding it, they hurriedly snuck in fake theory, that was impossible, & they claimed that it was a good theory, exactly fitting what they were looking for.
And then anytime that their fake theory looked like it might be revealed to be fake they put up a hell of a commotion, spitting & yelling & spinning round real fast, & exuding foul repulsive stinx, with no end of apostles & disciples keeping guard on many forums.
Now, go find a story that parallels that scenario. U need not go far.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2022, 04:48:17 am by aetherist »

Offline HuronKing

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1368 on: February 27, 2022, 02:09:49 am »
I had a look. Omigosh. I didnt realize just how stupid Feynman was. In less than 60 sec i see that he thort that Einstein believed in mass increase with speed. No.
He reckoned that the MMXs were null. No.
He believed in time dilation. Wrong.

And the rash is breaking out as predicted. I tried to warn you. >:D

Offline aetherist

• Frequent Contributor
  • !
« Reply #1369 on: February 27, 2022, 05:52:00 am »
I think that an insulated dipole or a wet dipole would in effect have a shorter L. And i suspect that that would lower its effective frequencies. This might lower the antenna's happy frequency by the ratio of the speed of light in air to the speed of light in water or to the speed of light in plastic.

I am not sure whether "happy frequency" is a valid technical term, but it should be. We might have the Happiness of an antenna (units needed here). The inverse could be called Haplessness.

adx said that insulation on an antenna affected its power by only a few %, not the 0.67 to 1.00 ratio that my electons suggest. But, adx should have been referring to the ratios of the happy frequencies, not the ratio of the powers.
I emailed Tony Wakefield (he has been mentioned in this thread), he is a ham & lives in Melbourne too & might know of Diamond & his books.

Diamond was with his club cleaning rubbish from the center median of a dual highway in Melbourne when a say builder's trailer came off & hit him, he didn’t see it coming, he was in hospital for months, had brain damage, was in the same ward as my wife (his cousin) who died of brain cancer, & they didn’t know that the other was there. I don’t know how he is nowadays. I remember him telling me that his favorit person was Faraday. I think i argued with him that electricity was not due to electron drift, & i might have argued with him that radio waves were not photons, & i might have mentioned the aetherwind affecting the speed of radio waves, it was about 6 years ago, i didn’t yet have my new (electon) electricity theory back then.
Good news, Tony Wakefield emailed me back with the following info.
Subject: Books by Drew Diamond --- Radio Projects for the Amateur    vk3xu.
Regarding Antennas depends on frequency the rain will lower the resonance frequency so will the insulation, not by much. Also if rain is charged can cause noise level increase. Best spotted with large drops of infrequent rain. Lots of stuff via a google. google
https://rudys.typepad.com/files/insulated-wire-and-antennas.pdf

https://rudys.typepad.com/files/chapter-3--1.pdf
https://www.kb6nu.com/should-dipoles-made-with-insulated-wire-be-made-shorter/
https://forums.qrz.com/index.php?threads/bare-or-insulated-ground-radials-info.596884/

https://www.facebook.com/VK3ER/photos/pcb.537100423137143/537100129803839
https://www.google.com.au/search?q=%22drew+diamond%22+vk3xu&tbm=isch&ved=2ahUKEwjvucTAk5_2AhXEzqACHWY_DWoQ2-cCegQIABAA&oq=%22drew+diamond%22+vk3xu&gs_lcp=CgNpbWcQAzIECAAQGDoFCAAQgAQ6BAgAEB5QvAhY8zZgokpoAHAAeACAAdsQiAHKPJIBCTYtNS4wLjEuMZgBAKABAaoBC2d3cy13aXotaW1nwAEB&sclient=img&ei=RgwbYu_-J8Sdg8UP5v600AY&bih=950&biw=1920

I think i can see where all of the hams are going wrong. They know that they have to cut 3% to 5% off an antenna if it uses insulated wire.
But, i can see that what is happening is that they are getting a 2 to 3 ratio reduction in frequency, which is hidden to them koz of harmonics.
And all that the hams can see is the obvious 3% to 5% deficiency in frequency due to it being not exactly 2 to 3.
I ask u am i a genius or what.
But there's more. I have also worked out how kum rain plus insulation has an effect.
Tony's email gave me a clue. He said that large drops have the effect of putting charge on the antenna, which creates noise.
Well, this tells me that the wetness on the outside of an insulated antenna creates a capacitor. The water has a charge, probably a negative charge.
And, worse, the insulation itself acts as a multiplier for the capacitance, as per a standard capacitor.
Thats why the 0.5 mm of water outside the plastic acts like it acts. And, thats why the thicker the plastic the larger the effect.
I am having a great day today.
I hope adx reads this.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2022, 06:00:06 am by aetherist »

Offline daqq

• Super Contributor
    • My site
« Reply #1370 on: February 27, 2022, 06:32:12 am »
I dont know the difference tween a VNA & an oscilloscope. But i would keep clear of radio antenna stuff i think -- too complicated.
I had a look. Omigosh. I didnt realize just how stupid Feynman was.
:palm: How often do you jerk off to the sound of your own voice? Are you doing it right now?
Believe it or not, pointy haired people do exist!
+++Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

Offline penfold

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1371 on: February 27, 2022, 08:24:52 am »
[...]
[...]

Yet again you missed the obvious conclusion. Your inability to even understand your own logic is astounding.
Feynman has been able to convince many millions of people that his ideas were correct, you can't even convince yourself. No matter who's theory is correct, Feynman at least managed to explain his.

Seeing as you're continuing to fail in explaining your theories, maybe your time would be better served by developing your own understanding of reality, spending some time performing practical measurements, learning some maths and working on your written English? I confess that I still don't fully understand your logic, but at least from a conventional sense, you've still got (maybe) 10 years of groundwork ahead of you before your theory is presentable... why do such an injustice to your theory as to waste your time floundering in the early stages?

The following users thanked this post: TimFox, HuronKing

Offline SandyCox

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1372 on: February 27, 2022, 09:42:27 am »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grandiose_delusions

Please get the help you need.

I'm abandoning this thread.

The following users thanked this post: TimFox, HuronKing

Offline adx

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1373 on: February 27, 2022, 11:50:59 am »
<better snip that longness>

Unfortunately I think I can understand it (I have oft wondered if it's like the way drunk people at parties appear drunk and silly when you're sober, but completely normal if you're not - I can only assume it also applies for madness).

The lack of difference between a transmitting antenna and a receiving antenna occurs in full duplex operation. In that instance the same antenna in the same location and at the same time transmits and receives something which isn't its own signal. Because an antenna is indistinguishable from itself in this situation, despite the fact it is doing 2 different things at once, it can't be said it is different from itself. Most cellphones are full duplex (transmit and receive at the same time), AFAIK it is only 2G GSM and so-called "TDMA" that operate in a TDMA mode (nodes do alternate transmit and receive separated in time). Single-antenna radar is an example of where the transmitting antenna and a receiving antenna are different, even though they are the same; at one point in time it transmits, later on it receives. There is no physical change needed for this difference to manifest - the antenna is otherwise the same, and shares the same resonance frequency and stuff (in this sense by same I mean not different). If the same type of antenna is transmitting in one location and receiving in another, then yes the difference is some number of km or other arbitrary distance (also of course another difference exists, being that the antennas are different ones because they are not the same antenna). But the exact same differences exist between 2 such antennas that are both transmitting, or both receiving, or just sitting there doing something like nothing, or collecting rain drops, bird drops, who knows.

But in that latter combination (Tx something=nothing, Rx something=nothing), old cans of Bud Light will perform admirably at any distance (whether modified to be cantennae or not). Similar to if I wanted to take part in a speed typing competition but chose to abstain as the winning strategum, then I could cut the lids off, cram my hands in there (carefully), and achieve the same wpm of 0 (or perhaps 1, depending on the size of the backspace key, and whether and where I emptied them first) as trying to do my clattery-mashey-shortey best. But I see your point, in that you are talking about Tx and Rx being involved in the same communication, and thus part of an interdependent system where we are trying to tease apart effects which can occur on transmission and reception and even some sort of intermediate field / X-ton tennis fixture / aetheirc medium.

On the other hand (either, as both have cans), whenever I made the same kind of silly pedantic arguments thinking I was being clever, it never worked out well because it left me looking like a nut. Refer to this post if you’re not already reading it now for a good example.

Still, it's possibly the most sense you have made so far, because it shows you are thinking from first principles and a crystal of logic is forming, even if it redissolves.

Of your rain options, the correct ones by conventional theory and knowledge are "IS IS" and "AINT AINT". I'd say in equal proportion, because evidence can't determine what counts as subjectively significant affect (but some people turn to counting Google hits for this data). Conventional theory and measurement does not know of IS/AINT and AINT/IS. Which is why SandyCox said there is no fundamental difference between a transmitting and receiving antenna. That rules out 2 of 4 differences, leaving 2 differences which are the same, in turn leaving 1 difference, which can't be different from itself, so there are really 0 differences. Which is why SandyCox said there is no fundamental difference between a transmitting and receiving antenna. Logic 101 (I reversed the order of the digits to make it more mysterious and "mine").

I learnt what gibbers are though.

No, I didn't say "that insulation on an antenna affected its power by only a few %", I was talking about the (happy) frequency you wished I had referred to. In that wetantennas article, something like the peak in Q changes from (for DL6WU 12 vs DL6WU 12 (wet)) 153MHz to 150.5MHz which is a 1.6% drop in frequency. So I was "referring to the ratios of the happy frequencies, not the ratio of the powers". I thought by using the word "detune" after you had spoken of "frequency", might lend you to understand something along the lines of tuning a radio across the dial, rather than putting a Tesla on a dyno to eke out the last bit of power from the aftermarket turbo you had fitted. I forgot about RCB (rampant confirmation bias).

Um bored now. That would be a mic drop but I already lost it about the same time I spewed down my own shirt and fell into the front row of the crowd. It's been a terrible show.

Offline bpiphany

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1374 on: February 27, 2022, 01:37:57 pm »
If it looks like a troll, smells like a troll, poops like a troll. It's probably... a troll. When are you going to stop feeding it.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf