Author Topic: Twenty passengers on missing flight 370 worked for Freescale Semiconductors  (Read 181731 times)

Offline dannyf

• Super Contributor
She dresses for confidence, :).

Her story has more holes than my fishing net.
================================
https://dannyelectronics.wordpress.com/

Offline GEuser

• Frequent Contributor
  • Is Leaving
She dresses for confidence, :).

Her story has more holes than my fishing net.
How about casting that net over "All" the other storys  :-//

The Latest > http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2648125/Scientists-recorded-moment-MH370-crashed-ocean.html

with a rundown of >>

"WHERE IS MH370 NOW? THIS WEEK'S THEORIES ABOUT THE MISSING PLANE

The latest 'possible evidence' suggests the Malaysian Airlines jet came down in the Indian Ocean south of India almost 4,000 miles north of where 26 nations, using either ships, aircraft or technical expertise, have been searching the waters off the Australian coast.

British woman Katherine Tee also claimed this week that she saw a burning plane as she sailed from Cochin, in southern India, to Phuket in Thailand on the night of March 8.

Just 24 hours before Ms Tee told her story on Tuesday, Duncan Steel, a New Zealand space scientist and physicist, said it would not be impossible for the missing jet to have flown north west across the ocean and crashed either in the sea or even in central Asia.
A fourth theory came early in the search, when a worker on an oil rig off the southern coast of Vietnam said he saw a burning plane at around the time MH370 made a 'u-turn' over the South China Sea and headed west.
A fifth possible clue came from Malaysian wife Raja Dalelah Raja Latife who insisted she saw an aircraft partially submerged on the surface of the Indian Ocean near the Andaman Islands as she flew on a commercial flight from Jeddah to Kuala Lumpur during daylight about 12 hours after MH370 disappeared.
And a sixth report of a what might be a sighting of the Boeing 777 has come from residents on the remote Maldives island of Kuda Huvadhoo who say they saw a low flying 'jumbo jet' at around 6.15am on March 8. It was white, they said, with red stripes - like the planes operated by Malaysian Airlines."

Soon

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
I now recall I saw what looked like a smoking jet flying over the lab on the 8th march, it looked like Elvis was the controls, and it was followed by what looked like five vintage Avenger torpedo bombers. I swear. Should I contact the news agencies?

Offline Kjelt

• Super Contributor
I now recall I saw what looked like a smoking jet flying over the lab on the 8th march, it looked like Elvis was the controls, and it was followed by what looked like five vintage Avenger torpedo bombers. I swear. Should I contact the news agencies?
You might, if you fancy wearing a straightjacket and all soft white fluffy walldecoration as a final view.  ;)

Offline johansen

• Super Contributor

whatever fits the official story eh?

anyone taken a look at a map and those 6 or so accounts to see if a few of them link together?

Offline stitch

• Regular Contributor
Sound thinking from Mary Shiavo today:

"Mary Schiavo, a former inspector general for the U.S. Department of Transportation, says there's a tremendous need to find the plane, particularly if mechanical failure, and not foul play, is to blame.

"The longer time that goes on, the more it appears it was not terrorism, hijacking, sabotage, (or) suicide, and it does appear that something else happened -- something mechanical, some kind of a catastrophic failure, an explosion, something that debilitated the persons on board; and they really need to solve that mystery because until we solve it we can't improve air safety,"

http://www.cnn.com/2014/06/16/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-how-long-will-search-continue/index.html?hpt=hp_t3

Offline Kjelt

• Super Contributor
They still have not searched the area that the Inmarsat experts have given at the start of the investigation.
Just before they would reach that area those pings the chinese picked up made the entire search party change target course.

http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-27870467

The UK satellite company Inmarsat has told the BBC that the search for the missing Malaysia Airlines jet has yet to go to the area its scientists think is the plane's most likely crash site.

Offline dannyf

• Super Contributor
"The longer time that goes on, the more it appears it was not terrorism, hijacking, sabotage, (or) suicide,

What's the rationale there for that statement?

They still have not searched the area that the Inmarsat experts have given at the start of the investigation.

Those guys also supported searching in the more northern site.

They cannot have it both ways.
================================
https://dannyelectronics.wordpress.com/

Offline retrolefty

• Super Contributor
  • measurement changes behavior

Those guys also supported searching in the more northern site.

They cannot have it both ways.

As I understood it the Inmarsat experts had signal timing data that was unable to determine the direction, only distance. So they can't not have it both ways.

Not as I understand it. Timing response gave them distance estimation, and Doppler shift of the signal differentiated that the southern arc was the direction estimate. They have published their raw data so it should have been peer reviewed by now?

Offline dexters_lab

• Supporter
FYI there is a BBC Horizon program going out tonight on MH370

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b047czkj

Offline stitch

• Regular Contributor
"The longer time that goes on, the more it appears it was not terrorism, hijacking, sabotage, (or) suicide,

You are right to question that statement.  I think what she means is that criminal investigations can take a long time in order to run down every lead - especially for international investigations that must coordinate between different jurisdictions and probe into secretive terrorist organizations.  It has been a long time now, I'm pretty sure that investigators have been working all this time, but they keep finding nothing.

Offline G7PSK

• Super Contributor
  • It is hot until proved not.

You are right to question that statement.  I think what she means is that criminal investigations can take a long time in order to run down every lead - especially for international investigations that must coordinate between different jurisdictions and probe into secretive terrorist organizations.  It has been a long time now, I'm pretty sure that investigators have been working all this time, but they keep finding nothing.

That and most terrorist groups cant help gloating and making public statements about their success and no one has.

Offline mikeselectricstuff

• Super Contributor
    • Mike's Electric Stuff
FYI there is a BBC Horizon program going out tonight on MH370

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b047czkj
Nothing new, other than that it appears they got so distracted chasing pings that they have yet to look at the location that the Inmarsat data suggests is the most likely area.
ISTR reading a while ago a report that cast doubt on the Inmarsat doppler results as others who analysed it came up with different answers, but not heard anything about that since.
Youtube channel:Taking wierd stuff apart. Very apart.
Mike's Electric Stuff: High voltage, vintage electronics etc.
Day Job: Mostly LEDs

Offline dexters_lab

• Supporter
not seen it yet, it's on iplayer download ready for me... i was dicking around with scope demos while it was on

Offline stitch

• Regular Contributor
I don't understand why, if they are going to the expense of putting ships into the area to "map" the ocean, they don't just put ships into the area to "find" the plane?  Could it be that the mapping will result in a product that can be sold to buyers such as mining companies, and oceanographic institutions then use those revenues to recover some of the costs of the search?

Apparently they are going to use "multibeam echosounder equipment" to do this mapping.  Is there a chance that this technology might also discover the plane?

https://my.news.yahoo.com/dutch-vessel-begins-mapping-ocean-floor-next-phase-031636377.html

Offline stitch

• Regular Contributor
Here's a quote from today's NY Times that speaks to the importance of calibrating electronic equipment and how failure to do so may have led to false conclusions in this case:

"... a comprehensive international review has found that the Malaysian radar equipment had not been calibrated with enough precision to draw any conclusions about the aircraft’s true altitude. “The primary radar data pertaining to altitude is regarded as unreliable,” said Angus Houston, the retired head of the Australian military who is now coordinating the search.

Mr. Houston said in a telephone interview that it was clearly possible that at some point during the tracked part of the flight, the plane flew at 23,000 feet. But he said he doubted whether anyone could prove that the plane had soared and swooped the way the initial reports suggested."

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/24/world/asia/new-search-plan-for-malaysia-airlines-flight-370-is-based-on-farther-controlled-flying.html?mabReward=RI%3A12&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&region=CColumn&module=Recommendation&src=rechp&WT.nav=RecEngine&_r=0

Offline stitch

• Regular Contributor
“The primary radar data pertaining to altitude is regarded as unreliable,” said Angus Houston, the retired head of the Australian military who is now coordinating the search.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/24/world/asia/new-search-plan-for-malaysia-airlines-flight-370-is-based-on-farther-controlled-flying.html?mabReward=RI%3A12&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&region=CColumn&module=Recommendation&src=rechp&WT.nav=RecEngine&_r=0

This is the second time that electronic falsities have misled investigators.  The first time was the false pings, and now this.  But I think it is a good thing that investigators are re-tracing their steps.

Offline stitch

• Regular Contributor
Re: Twenty passengers on missing flight 370 worked for Freescale Semiconductors
« Reply #544 on: September 09, 2014, 10:22:20 pm »
The mapping of the key search area of the Indian Ocean floor is just about completed now, and the actual search for Malaysia Flight 370 will begin in late September.  Below is a link to another lost ship (missing since 1845) that was found this week by using the latest electronic search equipment.  These things can be found and I am hopeful that news of the discovery of MH370 will splash across the headlines soon.

http://news.ca.msn.com/top-stories/lost-franklin-expedition-ship-found-in-the-arctic

Offline Kjelt

• Super Contributor
« Reply #545 on: September 10, 2014, 06:47:31 am »
Yes some dutch firm got the assignment, could take up to two years for a (relatatively) small designated area, if it is in that area they will find it but if it is not.....

Offline stitch

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #546 on: September 12, 2014, 01:23:05 am »
if it is in that area they will find it but if it is not.....
I agree. If it's there, they will find it.  It will be like finding a needle in a haystack … with a metal detector.  Even better, since the area is so desolate, their sensing equipment won't be hampered by extraneous signals which could mask the target.

Offline stitch

• Regular Contributor

Offline Kjelt

• Super Contributor
« Reply #548 on: October 06, 2014, 07:30:06 am »
The GO Phoenix, the first of three ships ......... is expected to spend 12 days hunting for the jet before heading to shore to refuel
Weird, does that ship have to refuel every 12 days? Can't they just anker a small oiltanker in the vicinity or something like that  :)

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #549 on: October 06, 2014, 07:57:31 am »
The search has officially resumed.
http://news.yahoo.com/underwater-search-malaysian-airliner-resumes-004833507.html

Oh, right, MH370. I vaguely recall something about that a long time ago... what happened again?  ;D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf