Author Topic: Stress Testing the Cybertruck  (Read 866 times)

Offline metrologistTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Stress Testing the Cybertruck
« on: August 05, 2024, 08:19:19 pm »
 :horse:

Online wraper

• Supporter
Re: Stress Testing the Cybertruck
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2024, 08:39:12 pm »
I wonder why rear end of the frame broke while towing. Oh wait, you first smashed it on a concrete pipe and then doubled down and smashed it on a block of concrete while falling from about 1.5 meter (5ft) height :palm:

« Last Edit: August 05, 2024, 08:45:55 pm by wraper »

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2024, 09:44:34 pm »
I'm sure the Ford would have been OK if it had bigger tires to make it across. That guy has way too much money.

Offline Sal Ammoniac

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2024, 09:58:34 pm »
I don't know how much money YouTube pays content creators, but will 10,000,000 views pay enough to buy and trash a $100,000 vehicle?
"That's not even wrong" -- Wolfgang Pauli

Offline schmitt trigger

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2024, 05:30:02 pm »
I don't know how much money YouTube pays content creators, but will 10,000,000 views pay enough to buy and trash a $100,000 vehicle?

You would be shocked.
Exhibit “A” is of course Mr Beast.

The following users thanked this post: Someone

Offline thm_w

• Super Contributor
  • Non-expert
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2024, 10:25:03 pm »

10mil views alone will get you ~$5k-50k. So not enough to pay off the truck immediately no. But if you can drive users to your channel, get them to subscribe, get them to donate, or watch other videos in the future it would be worth the investment. In this case its not clear yet if it was. Maybe he will make more videos if the thing is still usable, don't know, didn't watch.

https://socialblade.com/youtube/channel/UCdqp0KK_Io7TwK5cJMBvB0Q

You would be shocked.
Exhibit “A” is of course Mr Beast.

Yes, but we are talking a factor of 100x viewcount on average: https://socialblade.com/youtube/user/mrbeast6000
Profile -> Modify profile -> Look and Layout ->  Don't show users' signatures

Offline tom66

• Super Contributor
  • Electronics Hobbyist & FPGA/Embedded Systems EE
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2024, 10:38:24 pm »
One previous video on his channel he set fire to a Ferrari F8 (~$250k+) in a clearly staged 'accident', so he presumably has enough money to wreck a $100k Cybertruck.

Online wraper

• Supporter
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2024, 11:10:34 pm »
Generally most of the money youtubers make is from their own ads within the video, not Youtube views/ads.

Offline hans

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2024, 11:16:04 pm »

Easily: 5$ CPM gets them half way there. Maybe they got some wacky discount from Tesla as a "promotion" (it must be crazy enough to beat the F150), add some cringe product placements on some candy with affiliate links, and then sell some merch to top it off. Even if 0.01% of viewers buy a 20$ T-shirt, that 20k$ worth of sales lol.

Sounds like they can easily make 100k$ back. Probably even more if they stretch this crap over multiple videos and shorts.

Offline mendip_discovery

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2024, 05:09:42 pm »
I think he was already a rich kid. I just find it annoying that people have enough money to destroy things just for clicks.
Motorcyclist, Nerd, and I work in a Calibration Lab :-)
--
So everyone is clear, Calibration = Taking Measurement against a known source, Verification = Checking Calibration against Specification, Adjustment = Adjusting the unit to be within specifications.

• Super Contributor
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2024, 06:02:04 pm »
One previous video on his channel he set fire to a Ferrari F8 (~$250k+) in a clearly staged 'accident', so he presumably has enough money to wreck a $100k Cybertruck.

I do not think he meant for that to burn - he had more videos planned for it.

Easily: 5$ CPM gets them half way there. Maybe they got some wacky discount from Tesla as a "promotion" (it must be crazy enough to beat the F150), add some cringe product placements on some candy with affiliate links, and then sell some merch to top it off. Even if 0.01% of viewers buy a 20$ T-shirt, that 20k$ worth of sales lol.

Sounds like they can easily make 100k$ back. Probably even more if they stretch this crap over multiple videos and shorts.

Consider advertisers may pay around $0.03 per ad view and $0.25 per ad click - figure that less than half of viewers use adblockers...

Here is an example of a Tesla promotion:

I think he was already a rich kid. I just find it annoying that people have enough money to destroy things just for clicks.

Indeed - large family farming and construction business, the kinds that are flowing million$.

Offline SiliconWizard

• Super Contributor
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2024, 12:03:40 am »
When you get that many views and subscribers, sponsorships just keep flowing. That's where the money comes from. He probably even has to turn quite a few down.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf