Author Topic: Spreadsheet to Catalogue Parts Inventory  (Read 2665 times)

Offline BryanTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Spreadsheet to Catalogue Parts Inventory
« on: January 17, 2016, 12:02:18 am »
Hello:

Does anyone have or recommend a slick excel spreadsheet to catalogue parts. I have drawers full of ic's that I wanted to catalogue so I can quickly check what I have on hand for projects.
-=Bryan=-

Offline rrinker

• Super Contributor
Re: Spreadsheet to Catalogue Parts Inventory
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2016, 12:57:48 am »
 Don't have one but I could whack something together pretty quick. I'm thinking it probably wouldn't be a bad thing to have for myself - but then I'd never remember to subtract an item from inventory when I used it.

Offline RobertHolcombe

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2016, 01:06:36 am »
A solution to that would be to have a clipboard or similar around your parts storage - write down what you use as a reference to periodically update your spreadsheet

Offline BryanTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2016, 02:02:08 am »
Don't have one but I could whack something together pretty quick. I'm thinking it probably wouldn't be a bad thing to have for myself - but then I'd never remember to subtract an item from inventory when I used it.

Lot's of inventory excel templates around, thought maybe someone had something more specific to electronic components. I will do the same and just redo one of the many templates out there..
-=Bryan=-

Offline rrinker

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2016, 02:43:24 am »
 I'd probably make my own, just need to think about what data I would need to store.

I started down that path for my model railroad equipment but someone did a very nice inventory program that I simply modified to add som reports that weren't provided. Still in the pi0le to integrate it with a program to store DCC decoder settings.

Offline rich

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2016, 03:07:01 am »
I know spreadsheets seem an easy start but really aren't the right technology for this kind of job imho. Something a bit more databasey gives more chance of data consistency with the ability to search or generate reports, reallocate locations, whatever you desire really.

Maybe look for an inventory program as rrinker did before resorting to a spreadsheet?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf