Author Topic: Sony APS-211 42V power supply  (Read 915 times)

Offline Little-SparkyTopic starter

Sony APS-211 42V power supply
« on: October 13, 2023, 03:10:13 pm »
I'm trying to increase output voltage on this apparatus/device. I would like to increase it to 53.5 volts so I can run a 4pill LD mosfet amp by DXworld. Any advice, looking for a Variable resistor to adjust like on most little power supplies. or is it more complicated like removing a resistor with a lower ohm rating? Any ideas. GaryLordsWay@aol.com thanks Gary.

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
Re: Sony APS-211 42V power supply
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2023, 03:17:50 pm »
Tweaking the feedback circuitry will probably do that, but we can't magically guess how!
How about some pictures?

Hantek DSO2x1x            Drive        FAQ          DON'T BUY HANTEK! (Aka HALF-MADE)
Stm32 Soldering FW      Forum      Github      Donate

Offline Little-SparkyTopic starter

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2023, 02:07:53 pm »
I think I have it figured out I have tow options and one is to trick the IC return signal and make it think it is low and have it increase out put voltage by trickery or use a DC/DC buck converter circuit to get my voltage up to where I need it to run my device I am building to run on the power supply. But I do have a way to get what I need done figured out.

Online tom66

• Super Contributor
  • Electronics Hobbyist & FPGA/Embedded Systems EE
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2023, 02:50:24 pm »
Increasing the output voltage will be more practical than building a boost converter, assuming you need the 1500 - 3000W or so that this power supply is capable of providing (highest power output available if the input voltage is >200Vac).

Offline NiHaoMike

• Super Contributor
  • "Don't turn it on - Take it apart!"
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2023, 12:09:04 am »
Can also consider adding a 12V server PSU in series with the output, will probably work better than trying to change the output voltage by a fairly large amount.
Cryptocurrency has taught me to love math and at the same time be baffled by it.

Cryptocurrency lesson 0: Altcoins and Bitcoin are not the same thing.

Online tom66

• Super Contributor
  • Electronics Hobbyist & FPGA/Embedded Systems EE
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2023, 10:01:54 am »
Can also consider adding a 12V server PSU in series with the output, will probably work better than trying to change the output voltage by a fairly large amount.

Almost certainly a power supply of the scale required would be earthed at the negative DC output, so you would need to defeat the mains earthing of one power supply or the other, which is a bad idea for lots of reasons. 

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf