Author Topic: Rip arcade machine  (Read 39073 times)

Offline P90

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Rip arcade machine
« Reply #125 on: June 14, 2017, 02:22:24 pm »
He could also report this to moderator. it's cringy, but say sorry and send link to second page?
rofl "report"
I can't see anything wrong.

I see enough to ban both you and P90 for personal attacks. Go read the forum rules, there is basically one golden rule, guess what it is?

I was pissed of at the guy and the needless savage bashing of something on youtoob. But you are correct about the personal attacks and rules are rules, and it's your forum. So I apologize for that and also for wasting your time having to read all that was posted by yours truly.  ;(

Offline buck converter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #126 on: June 14, 2017, 03:00:58 pm »
My friend I collect old TVs. Last year it seemed like everyone on my block decided to throw theirs out. We would strip them until it just a crt. We knew that a single crack and it could implodr in our faces. Here in the. US,the proper and legal way to dispose of crt is to bring it to hazard waste  facility, which we did. When Dan smashed the crt he exposed himself and his son to a few carcinogens and flying leaded shards of glass. What he did was against everything I know a hobbyist. I apologise for the personal attacks, and wasting your time.
Just me and my scope.

The following users thanked this post: Ushiwaka

Offline UshiwakaTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #127 on: June 15, 2017, 12:35:58 am »
My friend I collect old TVs. Last year it seemed like everyone on my block decided to throw theirs out. We would strip them until it just a crt. We knew that a single crack and it could implodr in our faces. Here in the. US,the proper and legal way to dispose of crt is to bring it to hazard waste  facility, which we did. When Dan smashed the crt he exposed himself and his son to a few carcinogens and flying leaded shards of glass. What he did was against everything I know a hobbyist. I apologise for the personal attacks, and wasting your time.

Oh wow, you collect CRT TVs?

Got any old RCAs in your collection? I'd love to see one of those....

Offline amyk

• Super Contributor
« Reply #128 on: June 15, 2017, 01:02:05 am »
Get upset, but measure your reaction, understand that it is replaceable and move on. The reactions I've seen on this thread are what I would expect if Dan disemboweled Lincoln or cut open a live animal. Totally disproportionate to the action.
To be honest, I probably wouldn't mind him doing a (non-endangered, obviously) live animal. I've seen PETA videos and they don't really disgust me... after all, those things just aren't built to be taken apart, unlike an arcade machine :o :-//

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #129 on: June 15, 2017, 02:55:07 am »
Get upset, but measure your reaction, understand that it is replaceable and move on. The reactions I've seen on this thread are what I would expect if Dan disemboweled Lincoln or cut open a live animal. Totally disproportionate to the action.
To be honest, I probably wouldn't mind him doing a (non-endangered, obviously) live animal. I've seen PETA videos and they don't really disgust me... after all, those things just aren't built to be taken apart, unlike an arcade machine :o :-//

I can't believe in my own eyes.

That there are people who feels ok about this

Offline technix

• Super Contributor
  • From Shanghai With Love
    • My Untitled Blog
« Reply #130 on: June 15, 2017, 03:46:57 am »

I can't believe in my own eyes.

That there are people who feels ok about this
I am okay with animals being sliced up, but if and only if the said animal is specifically bred to be sliced up (e.g. pigs intended for pork, or laboratory mice intended for experiments) and humane animal treating protocol like the ones used in slaughterhouses or laboratories are strictly followed.

Offline aargee

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #131 on: June 15, 2017, 06:08:53 am »
When you've stood on the edge of a land fill and seen classic gear of all sorts supervised as they are destroyed by insurance and legal assessors, this stuff is nothing really. Honestly, some of you guys would have a breakdown.

Yeah, if it was in my garage, it'd be going the other way -> restoration. But there you go.

It is all relative.

Not easy, not hard, just need to be incentivised.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #132 on: June 15, 2017, 07:31:28 am »
When you've stood on the edge of a land fill and seen classic gear of all sorts supervised as they are destroyed by insurance and legal assessors, this stuff is nothing really. Honestly, some of you guys would have a breakdown.

Yeah, if it was in my garage, it'd be going the other way -> restoration. But there you go.

It is all relative.

r  e  l  a  t  i  v  e  .

Offline Kjelt

• Super Contributor

Offline skarecrow

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #134 on: July 01, 2017, 11:55:56 pm »
I was so pissed the other day I didn't have more spare room at home. I was driving my flatbed in Clifton, NJ and saw someone just threw out a full sit-down Crazy Taxi arcade game. I could have easily transported it, but I didn't have anywhere to put it.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Offline james_s

• Super Contributor
« Reply #135 on: July 02, 2017, 05:57:52 am »
I don't know why anyone even watches his videos, he makes money on every view. I have my own set of morals and deliberately destroying perfectly good stuff, especially irreplaceable vintage items is something that I find offensive. If not for the inevitable consequences I'd send him a mail bomb to do a "what's in side" video, no joke, I think the world would be a better place without idiots like him and his kid will probably grow into as much a loser as he is but whatever, not worth getting in trouble for.

The following users thanked this post: Zbig, nugglix

Offline MarkS

• Supporter
« Reply #136 on: July 02, 2017, 07:42:05 am »
I don't know why anyone even watches his videos, he makes money on every view. I have my own set of morals and deliberately destroying perfectly good stuff, especially irreplaceable vintage items is something that I find offensive. If not for the inevitable consequences I'd send him a mail bomb to do a "what's in side" video, no joke, I think the world would be a better place without idiots like him and his kid will probably grow into as much a loser as he is but whatever, not worth getting in trouble for.

People nearly were banned for this kind of comment in this thread.

The mods really need to close this thread...
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 07:43:49 am by MarkS »

Offline Refrigerator

• Super Contributor
« Reply #137 on: July 03, 2017, 08:32:13 pm »
Shut this thread down before it becomes 4chan.    :box:
How about we pretend that the channel doesn't exist and never did, that it was all just a bad dream - a nightmare, some may argue.
I have a blog at http://brimmingideas.blogspot.com/ . Now less empty than ever before !
An expert of making MOSFETs explode.

The following users thanked this post: buck converter

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf