Author Topic: Reviewing my new 'second' Flip Phone: Jitterbug Flip2  (Read 283 times)

Offline RJSVTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Reviewing my new 'second' Flip Phone: Jitterbug Flip2
« on: September 21, 2024, 03:27:48 pm »
Good day to you:
   I bought a back-up phone, mainly for securing personal activities.   My current smart phone has now many defects,...including screen cracks from dropping, and microphone flakey failures.

On one hand, I started review of local cellphone stores.   iPhone prices, in the first year sold, were some $ 480 dollars, likely now way up, unless I opt for doing yet more research , on possible buying a USED DEVICE.
Current prices often have mention, of discounts like $1000, on current day purchase.   Heck, my intended budget has funding numbers, in the margins, of the real, today price expectations.

For $90, and right convenient there on the market shelf;   grab and go is my style.   Paying under $ hundred dollars, and no massive cash drain.   The Jitterbug Flip2 runs on monthly service around $40, automatic deducted.

The phone is labeled 'Lively' manufacturer it has a package maybe more looking like it's 2008, and with large number keys, a hint that it's for the 'senior' crowd with easy visibility.
However, much of the screen appears like a 'google' device,...with usual antenna signal strength and other indicators at screen top.   The 'easy' (to read), aspect doesn't avoid the typical (tiny) graphic symbols.   So, no, don't forget your glasses;  (contrary to 'Flip phone' expectations).

Worst thing, noticed so far, the PHONE won't take entry of '0', when texting to others.   Now, I assume there is a 'mode' in the menu settings, but first try, you only have numbers '1' through '9';   meanwhile the number '0' button is assigned to provide a 'space key' function.
Lol, I literally had to place a 'o' letter, when texted my new number, to friend.
Again, probably some setting to change, but then I'd be spending more time checking out some (arcane) and impractical interface.

Haven't played around with text and picture messaging, but certainly no ON-LINE or WEB functions, like accessing emails, or YouTube vids.   The Bluetooth features help, for testing a couple of wireless headphones.   My 'main phone' has failed, somehow, over the months, to drive my wireless audio devices.

Offline RJSVTopic starter

• Super Contributor
Re: Reviewing my new 'second' Flip Phone: Jitterbug Flip2
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2024, 03:38:04 pm »
Jitterbug Flip2

Online Bryn

• Regular Contributor
    • mindsConnected
Re: Reviewing my new 'second' Flip Phone: Jitterbug Flip2
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2024, 07:15:01 pm »
Nice little phone I must say... though I suspect it's just like one of these Doro phones I've seen advertised, even with the larger buttons for the keypad.
mindsConnected
Alternate tech forum for all... we welcome engineers also!
Interesting long read: Create a 12v battery from 6v batteries

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf