Author Topic: NXP account woes  (Read 366 times)

Offline SiliconWizardTopic starter

• Super Contributor
NXP account woes
« on: August 05, 2024, 11:49:09 pm »
Hi, got an email from NXP that says I haven't logged in to my account in 6 months (which, btw, I have). Then when logging in, it shows a "Verify your email" step. It says it's sent a verification code. That you never receive. I've tried "resend code", to no avail. Still no email with a code.

Not the first time it happens, as I remember. Has the same happened to you as well? What's up with that?

Offline ejeffrey

• Super Contributor
Re: NXP account woes
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2024, 12:05:48 am »
Last time I had to verify my email the verification  email took 30 minutes to show up. 

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2024, 12:28:53 am »
Last time I had to verify my email the verification  email took 30 minutes to show up.

That's good to know, problem is that the verification code expires after 10 minutes. So, that's a problem. :-DD

The following users thanked this post: boB

Offline boB

• Frequent Contributor
    • my work www
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2024, 12:33:53 am »

I'm sure you checked you spam folder ?

I have this problem sometimes too.  Not necessarily with NXP but..

K7IQ

• Super Contributor
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2024, 12:39:53 am »
Yep. No spam. Also tried clearing cookies, just in case. Also tried in Chromium (I use Firefox usually), just in case this would be more of a website issue. Nope, nothing.
The email that's linked to this account is a gmail address. Maybe they filter that somehow.

Offline boB

• Frequent Contributor
    • my work www
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2024, 01:22:26 am »
I have no idea why some web sites cannot make this work right but I have had the same problem many times.

Sometimes I will try a different browser.

The only problem I have with gmail not delivering anyway (not sure about receiving) is files with file name extensions like  .exe  .hex .asc  etc.

Very strange internet world that I will never know many of its secrets.  Like electronics,  it breaks.

K7IQ

Offline ejeffrey

• Super Contributor
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2024, 02:25:33 am »

That's good to know, problem is that the verification code expires after 10 minutes. So, that's a problem. :-DD

Yeah it's bad.  The second one came fast enough to use.  But if you aren't getting an email at all I would wait 24 hours to try again.

Offline shabaz

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2024, 02:39:22 am »
It's crazy. I needed a file so I logged on, and I waited and the first e-mail didn't arrive. I attempted a second time after a few minutes, and that didn't arrive either.. until several hours later!

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2024, 02:57:09 am »
Yes, finally received a code 4 hours later. Of course, it didn't work. Yes, maybe at some point their server will send a code fast enough. Looks like a well polished turd.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf