Author Topic: No more Oz $ <-> US$ <-> China Yuan  (Read 23996 times)

Offline BravoVTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • +++ ATH1
No more Oz $ <-> US$ <-> China Yuan
« on: April 05, 2013, 05:53:14 am »
It is going to be Oz $ <-> China Yuan, US$ will be pulled aside.

So does this mean the tsunami of Chinese even cheaper stuffs coming to Oz's shore ?  Or else ? ::)

Interesting progress.

Highlights :

- Australian PM Julia Gillard begins six-day visit to China Friday
- Gillard expected to secure major currency conversion deal with China
- Currently, Chinese and Australian companies must use U.S. dollar as intermediary for trade
- Deal would be step towards full convertibility of Chinese yuan on international markets

Source, CNN -> http://edition.cnn.com/2013/04/04/world/asia/australia-gillard-china-trip/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Offline Ed.Kloonk

• Super Contributor
  • Cat video aficionado
Re: No more Oz $ <-> US$ <-> China Yuan
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2013, 07:54:35 am »
Our dubious Prime Minister. Who knows what she might do next.

iratus parum formica

Offline TerraHertz

• Super Contributor
  • Why shouldn't we question everything?
    • It's not really a Blog
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2013, 07:59:29 am »

I do know that she will definitely support the carbon tax scheme until (her) bitter end.
It's what she was put in place to do.

About the currency thing, I just hope it means the Au$ will drift higher relative to the USD. Because, ebay.
Collecting old scopes, logic analyzers, and unfinished projects. http://everist.org

Offline BravoVTopic starter

• Super Contributor
  • +++ ATH1
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2013, 09:33:07 am »
About the currency thing, I just hope it means the Au$ will drift higher relative to the USD. Because, ebay.

C'mon, you guys at down under have been enjoying the drift quite high since 2009 aren't you ?  >:D

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2013, 10:30:44 am »

Whatever it is, it won't be as bad as Abbott come September  :--
It'll be our own Bush era  :palm:

Offline Galenbo

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2013, 10:54:06 am »

Don't be surprised if they start some war to avoid this.
If you try and take a cat apart to see how it works, the first thing you have on your hands is a nonworking cat.

Offline mickpah

• Regular Contributor
    • Yeti Hacks
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2013, 11:25:08 am »

Whatever it is, it won't be as bad as Abbott come September  :--
It'll be our own Bush era  :palm:

These is a newly installed NBN fibre hub 200 metres from my front door, just my luck these utter luddites will take over before its connected to my house. Fibre to the node what a fab alternative policy when most of the copper is 20 years old and bandwidth drops by more than 50% on a rainy day. Back to the 1960's we go

grrrrrrrrrr

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2013, 11:56:28 am »
Fibre to the node what a fab alternative policy when most of the copper is 20 years old and bandwidth drops by more than 50% on a rainy day. Back to the 1960's we go

Yep, genius policy huh?  :palm:

One of the few times the government does a BIG bold thing with my tax dallars that is good for the country in the really long term (even if it was to get elected short term), and now it's going to go down the toilet  |O

Offline digsys

• Supporter
    • DIGSYS
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2013, 12:25:34 pm »
Thanks !! Now you've got me depressed :-(  A two-faced bitch with one unionist hand and an extreme green hand up her arse
pulling the strings or a religious zeolot incapable of thought ! Just mouths "I want whatever THEY don't want" .... GREAT !
Hello <tap> <tap> .. is this thing on?

Offline GeoffS

• Supporter
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2013, 01:55:23 pm »
Not to worry, all the NBN fibre will be replaced with wireless, according to Alan Jones, well known Luddite shockjock it'll be much better.  :palm:

Offline SeanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2013, 03:17:20 pm »
And here I am with a fibre running underneath me, but it is only a backhaul for a cellular site. I did say to the techs to leave a patch cord hanging out of the door but..............

Offline MacAttak

• Supporter
« Reply #11 on: April 05, 2013, 10:08:44 pm »
Good to know we don't have a monopoly on bat-shit-crazy politicians over here in the lower 48 :)

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2013, 10:26:40 pm »
Thanks !! Now you've got me depressed :-(  A two-faced bitch with one unionist hand and an extreme green hand up her arse
pulling the strings or a religious zeolot incapable of thought ! Just mouths "I want whatever THEY don't want" .... GREAT !

Yes, two horse races are never good. In theory there is a viable third party in the Greens, but people vote like sheep.
At least this year you'll be able to vote for Julian Assange in the senate (if you are in Vic).
http://www.wikileaksparty.org.au/
That'll at least shake up the system  :-+

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2013, 10:28:03 pm »
Not to worry, all the NBN fibre will be replaced with wireless, according to Alan Jones, well known Luddite shockjock it'll be much better.  :palm:

Yeah, because wireless has so much more bandwidth than fibre. Oh, wait...  :palm:

Offline Ed.Kloonk

• Super Contributor
  • Cat video aficionado
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2013, 10:53:54 pm »
iratus parum formica

Offline Ed.Kloonk

• Super Contributor
  • Cat video aficionado
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2013, 10:56:39 pm »
Seriously, you shouldn't be hatin' on Tony.

I'll need Tony to tell me how to live my sex life. If I had one.

iratus parum formica

Offline codeboy2k

• Super Contributor
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2013, 11:03:30 pm »
Well John Titor did say that Australia becomes fed up with the USA and starts to have stronger ties with China, and during "the war" China tries to invade Australia, but you Aussies push them back and hold your ground.  However, the result is that Australia becomes divided internally, he didn't say why that is.

Not that I believe in John Titor, but I'm just saying....

Offline lemmegraphdat

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2013, 01:07:46 am »
Don't do it. The Chinese economy is just a phony as the US economy is. Both places are run by Reds.
Start right now.

Offline GK

• Super Contributor
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2013, 01:45:09 am »
I thought the Republicans were the red ones?  :P ::)

The deal with China looks OK to me, but it would be nice to see it properly leveraged by pressuring China into hardening its stance on North Korea.

And who in their right mind should feel the urge to pointlessly vote for a narcissistic, pathological attention seeking cretin like Julian Assange? Any residual credibility that creep had thoroughly evaporated when he accepted "asylum" from a despotic regime; rather than simply face a Swiss court on allegedly frivolous charges with the best pro bono legal team anyone could hope for. But then things might all be over and done with rather quickly, the media spotlight wouldn't be on him any longer and he could no longer pretend to be a martyr, pontificating from his Ecuadorian hovel. Couldn't possibly have that! And of course as a result of his pathological attention seeking he continues to earn the unconditional admiration of paranoids and idiots the world over convinced that the whole court case is one big American plot to ultimately have him extradited to the states. The Swiss government couldn't legally ship him off to America even if America demanded it.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 06:35:28 am by GK »
Bzzzzt. No longer care, over this forum shit.........ZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Offline staxquad

• Frequent Contributor
  • Eye Candy
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2013, 01:46:37 am »

So does this mean the tsunami of Chinese even cheaper stuffs coming to Oz's shore ?  Or else ? ::)

Interesting progress.

Highlights :

- Australian PM Julia Gillard begins six-day visit to China Friday
- Gillard expected to secure major currency conversion deal with China
- Currently, Chinese and Australian companies must use U.S. dollar as intermediary for trade
- Deal would be step towards full convertibility of Chinese yuan on international markets

Source, CNN -> http://edition.cnn.com/2013/04/04/world/asia/australia-gillard-china-trip/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

Australia's population is China's rounding error.

It's an opportunity for increasing trade with China in Australia's favour since China will take all it can get while Australia will take until saturation, without giving a cut to a hegemonic parasitic power who only uses it's privilege for imperialism (or uses imperialism to protect the privilege of a hegemonic currency).
"TEPCO Fukushima you long time"
You say Vegemite, I say Yosemite. (Ve-gem-mit-tee, Yo-zey-might)  
"For starters : you're Canadian...."

Offline staxquad

• Frequent Contributor
  • Eye Candy
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2013, 02:38:41 am »

The deal with China looks OK to me, but it would be nice to see it properly leveraged by pressuring China into hardening its stance on North Korea.

And who in their right mind should feel the urge to pointlessly vote for a narcissistic, pathological attention seeking cretin like Julian Assange? Any residual credibility that creep had thoroughly evaporated when he accepted "asylum" from a despotic regime; rather than simply face a Swiss court on allegedly frivolous charges with the best pro bono legal team anyone could hope for. But then things might all be over and done with rather quickly, the media spotlight wouldn't be on him any longer and he could no longer pretend to be a martyr, pontificating from his Ecuadorian hovel. Couldn't possibly have that! And of course as a result of his pathological attention seeking he continues to earn the unconditional admiration of paranoids and idiots the world over convinced that the whole court case in one big American plot to ultimately have him extradited to the states. The Swiss government couldn't legally ship him off to America even if America demanded it.

All American provocation against NK, then from the propaganda, more contracts with the Military Industrial Complex.

Swiss?  Sweden.

Ecuadorian hovel? 

If you're all for Imperialism and crimes against humanity, then you would be against Asssange publishing evidence exposing such atrocities.

Julian Assange is worthy of a Nobel Peace Prize, and the 2009 recipient of the Nobel Peace Prize is worthy of a trial in Den Hague. 
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 02:45:45 am by staxquad »
"TEPCO Fukushima you long time"
You say Vegemite, I say Yosemite. (Ve-gem-mit-tee, Yo-zey-might)  
"For starters : you're Canadian...."

Offline GK

• Super Contributor
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2013, 03:29:37 am »
Yeah, Swiss/Swedish; my bad; they're typically incorrectly used interchangeably.  Ecuadorian hovel - that little patch of land in London of course.

And YAWN.  ::) I have many misgivings with American foreign policy, but that does not make me a brainless cheerleader for a self-absorbed creep like Julian Assange (and not a deluded apologist for the behavior of NK either) . The Nobel Peace prize is quite clearly a joke; so yeah, Assange is just as worthy of it as anyone else.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 06:35:47 am by GK »

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2013, 03:39:12 am »
I have many misgivings with American foreign policy, but that does not make me a brainless cheerleader for a self-absorbed creep like Julian Assange.

You do have to admit that he would shake the political system up a bit though if he got elected.
Or perhaps you prefer the status quo of Australian politics?

The Noble Peace prize is quite clearly a joke

As was Obama's, only bigger.

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2013, 03:41:00 am »
And who in their right mind should feel the urge to pointlessly vote for a narcissistic, pathological attention seeking cretin like Julian Assange?

So who are you voting for in the senate next time around?

Offline GK

• Super Contributor
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2013, 03:50:07 am »
I have many misgivings with American foreign policy, but that does not make me a brainless cheerleader for a self-absorbed creep like Julian Assange.

You do have to admit that he would shake the political system up a bit though if he got elected.

For the better? I hardly think so. The "status quo" is farcical enough already.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 03:54:40 am by GK »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf