Author Topic: New Member, Please introduce yourself  (Read 1497642 times)

Offline Sam-Z

Re: New Member, Please introduce yourself
« Reply #850 on: January 04, 2013, 02:32:02 am »
Hi, everybody, i am Sam. i am a student from China. My hobby is about electronic &computer.  I want to be an electrical engineer. :)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 02:34:12 am by Sam-Z »

Offline toby

« Reply #851 on: January 04, 2013, 11:26:04 pm »
Good evening, good morning, or what ever time your are reading this! My name is Tobias, I'm 24 years old and I live in Germany. For the past 4 years I've studied electrical communication engineering and i'm currently writing my master thesis (working on a carrier recovery system for a satellite communication link in the E-band).

Offline Simeon

• Student
« Reply #852 on: January 05, 2013, 08:13:14 pm »
Hi.
My name is Simeon Vasilev Petkov.I am form Bulgaria, 15 years old.
I do electronics since 4 y/o.At 7 i did my first amp with LM1875 and it still works.
Excuse me, but my english is quite bad.

Offline StuUK

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #853 on: January 07, 2013, 10:09:53 pm »
Hi

I'm Stuart from the UK and have recently taken up Electronics again as a Hobby after being seduced into Computer programming back in the late 70's. After many years in software I've rediscovered my interest in the electronics side of things. Wow, how things have changed....... Currently messing about with Arduino and Raspberry but keen to roll my own from scratch....

Offline misisoso

• Contributor
« Reply #854 on: January 09, 2013, 06:25:53 am »
Hello, I am from Slovakia, I study at Slovak University of Technology, Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology, Robotics. I liked electronics all my life, but only about half year ago, after sight of EEVblog, I started to pay more attention to electronics, I bought my first oscilloscope (Rigol DS1102E) on Daves recommendation and also bought my first real meter, Fluke 187, also on Daves recommendation. I could afford those, because I started to work at company, which does Process automation. The project I am just working on, is my Diploma thesis. After it is finished, it will be Developement kit for XBee with HMI. HMI will consist of 4*20 character LCD module, PIC micro (18f2320). encoder and few diodes. This whole solution should be used in learning process, to accustom student with XBee technology and to prevent them from connections and blowing up the XBee, or their circuits.
QS&A

Offline Mad Professor

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #855 on: January 10, 2013, 03:23:47 pm »
Hi All.

My name is Mark, aka "Mad Professor", I am 30, and from the "Isle Of Wight", a small 20x25mile island here in the UK.

I have basic electronics knowhow, and wanting to learn more.

Best Regards.

Offline darkwire

« Reply #856 on: January 10, 2013, 05:03:37 pm »
Hi my name is Metui. I'm an Computer Technician, recently found out that addicted to electronics some years ago. Found this site useful and i hope learn and help alot from here.

Offline Agenthector

« Reply #857 on: January 10, 2013, 07:09:11 pm »
I'm Hector. I'm currently in my 4th year studying electrical engineering at the University of Texas at San Antonio. I have an interest in robotics and controller design and have been playing with electronics for almost a decade.

Offline UberVento

« Reply #858 on: January 11, 2013, 03:50:49 pm »
Hi yall, and that is an appropriate hello from the state of Kentucky here in the U.S. My name is James, I am a hobbyist and want to learn more about electronics. So here I am.

Offline tbbw

• Contributor
« Reply #859 on: January 13, 2013, 06:38:08 am »
Welo guys :)
I'm one of those tinkerers that like taking stuff apart ever since i was a kid, do build my own stuff from time to time but i find that special satisfaction if it's majority of scavanged parts :)
Other then that i'm abit of a shopaholic when it comes to tools and handy stuff... lol
Atmel and Arm are my favorites since i enjoy both windows and linux.
Own a few boards i reflashed or modifyed so they run linux and i see what more i can make them do after i got to that part... yeah a tinkerer and fiddler is what i like to think of myself as :)

Offline SLJ

• Frequent Contributor
  • Antique Test Equipment Collector
    • Steve's Antique Technology
« Reply #860 on: January 13, 2013, 01:58:20 pm »
Welcome everyone (although I'm rather new here myself). 

It would help if those of you that have not done so, update your profile to include your country.  This will help with others replying to your posts as many of the discussions here especially relating to equipment and parts availability, and costs are sometimes dependent on location.

Offline HinesNetwork

• Contributor
« Reply #861 on: January 14, 2013, 02:43:10 am »
Hi all,

I have my own company doing technical support for windows and OS X, and a little unix. Most of my electronics knowledge is from being a car audio (I was certified back in the day) and custom home theater installer. Almost all of my electronics are hobby at this point.

Offline martin

• I am an artist, electrician, designer and uncle.
« Reply #862 on: January 14, 2013, 09:20:20 am »
Hello,
I am an electrician, who later studied art, born in Switzerland and living in Finland. Here I work as a lecturer at the local University of Applied Sciences and as an Artist.
In most of my art-projects, I am making use of my growing electronic skills: http://www.mar.li
I am also a freelance-workshop-host and teach the creative use of code and electronics in artistic projects on different continents.
In my spare-time, I enjoy to build synthesizers and other noisy or noise altering devices.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 07:28:01 pm by martin »

Offline sherlock

• Contributor
« Reply #863 on: January 15, 2013, 03:22:16 pm »
New guy on the block....  I'm a Product Engineer at a company in New Jersey USA that designs and manufactures Shoplifting Prevention Equipment.  Yes, I know how to defeat those systems, no, I don't do it, and no, I won't tell you how either.   :--   I'm a semi-active Ham Radio Operator in my spare time.  And I drive a BMW.   :-+

sherlock
"The game's afoot..."
Arthur Conan Doyle

Offline andrea87

« Reply #864 on: January 15, 2013, 08:50:41 pm »
Hello :)

I'm Andrea, 25, from Italy. I am an electronics technician, born mostly as an hobbyst. My passion started growing increasingly when I was about 10, and well, here we are.
Actually i do work weekends at big electronics store, yet to find something deeper related to electronics.

I discovered eevblog from youtube, and got out quite some useful info. I might send Dave a postcard next time I go hiking up in the mountains :)

I've built perhaps anything. From power supplies, to audio amplifiers (headphones also), to instrumentation (last project was a frequency counter).
Also some crazy stuff. Had 2 tesla coils (vacuum tube powered), dismantled later due to their size and potential hazard with their voltages; couple of other high voltage projects and so.

Another deep hobby I have is Photography. I use some nikon equipement (D90 + 18-105 + 35mm 1.8 + 50mm 1.8), I'm a lot into macros, sometimes with lots of diy to archieve good results. I like to photograph nature, often on sundays I'm out hiking with some friends, always with my dslr in my backpack.

Offline cjc

« Reply #865 on: January 16, 2013, 10:58:01 pm »
Hi All,

I'm CJ.  I'm 47 and don't know much about electronics or electrical wiring.  Did great in advanced physics courses (way back when) and even worked for Agilent as a software engineer, but somehow never really learned anything practical...in the field of electronics.  Anyway, my husband and I moved to an old farm house and I'm learning/wanting to learn a whole host of practical things.  Like yesterday I learned how to operate a tractor.  So why am I here?  Well, I set out to diagnose and fix our well pump system which lead me to realize I need a multimeter and Dave's fantastic review of the Fluke 117.  Mostly I need to learn how to be a DIY handyperson around this place.  We will be doing a remodel next year and hopefully doing as much of everything as possible ourselves.  Can anyone help me chose between the Fluke 117 and 177?  No plans at this time to build robots or design circuit boards, but I can see learning how check/install fixtures, repair lights, install thermostats, work on greenhouse heat mats, fans and lights etc.  I can see wanting to know if there is wiring in a wall before tearing into it, or check electrical if some piece of equipment won't start.  Okay, hopefully you all know better than I do what I might need.  I did want a Fluke because I don't want to have to wonder if something isn't working whether it's me or my meter.  Any and all advice appreciated. CJ

Offline funk1980

• Contributor
« Reply #866 on: January 17, 2013, 10:24:07 am »
Hello everybody,
My name is Thijs de Bont, 32 years old, from Holland. Electronics in general have been a hobby off and on for many years now. About three years back It's been getting more serious with the development of my personal bass tube preamp. Old scool technology with unbeatable tone, combined with moderm functionalities. I came across the Eevblog when searching for a new multimeter. Dave's review videos of DMM's in different price catagories helped me A LOT. Then I discovered there was a huge electronics scene behind this aussie blogger :). I've been a passive guest for some time now. Time to become more involved!

Offline W6dej

« Reply #867 on: January 17, 2013, 11:21:26 pm »
Greetings,
I am a retired PBX Tech/Manager living in the Central Valley of California. I have been enjoying Dave's videos for a couple of weeks now, after getting the bug to learn more about electronics. I have been a ham for 36 years and even passed the Extra Class exam, but I have never done much building of circuits or working with design and prototyping. I know a lot of theory, but now I really want to put it to practice. I have equipped a desktop in my hamshack/office which I intend to dedicate to electronics projects. I bought a new soldering station (Hakko like Dave has  :)) and a bunch of parts including a grab bag of capacitors (that was a waste of money). I did have enough sense to get an assortment of resistors that are in labeled bags. I also purchased a couple of breadboards, an Arduino Uno board, some jumpers, LEDs, and heatshrink tubing. I already had all the tools I need and a good Fluke 179 meter so I'm ready to go.

I have been playing around with a 555 timer chip, trying to get an LED to flash. I can get it to turn on, but not flash.  I don't know if my schematic is wrong or my eyes are not as good as they used to be, but I welcome the challenge at this early stage of a new hobby and look forward to making it go.

Under the "Impossible But True" category, I repaired my cherished Klipsch earbuds that sadly lost the right channel a while back. Wiggling the wire at the plug verified that something was loose or shorted. With the new soldering iron and a good magnifying glass I was successful in making the repair. Some quick research uncovered a site that described how to remove the enamel coating from the tiny strands. I used a butane torch to carefully burn everything but the wire away. After that it was pretty easy. Here's a photo to prove I did it!

Forums are my favorite form of communication. I have created and run several over the years for various interest groups. So I am looking forward to scoping out all of the interesting posts and helpful comments.

Don
W6DEJ

Offline Wuerstchenhund

• Super Contributor
  • Able to drop by occasionally only
« Reply #868 on: January 18, 2013, 06:26:36 am »
Hello there!

Another new member. After reading for a while I thought it was about time to register. I'm an Aerospace/Electronics Engineer, mostly working with RF (RADAR stuff), and a pilot. Privately I started building my own lab again, and I'm now beginning to become a bit more familiar with the regular electronics stuff out there.

Thanks for reading, and I'm looking forward to lots of interesting discussions!

Offline gregor

« Reply #869 on: January 20, 2013, 01:35:04 pm »
Hi and hello :) I'm from central of Europe ;) My hobby and profession is control engineering/automation, electronics and everything what is named programming.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 01:45:52 pm by gregor »

Offline HarryWeston

« Reply #870 on: January 20, 2013, 05:30:47 pm »
Hello. I am Harry Weston from England 82 years old, fit and well, using this brilliant hobby to delay the inevitable as long as possible. I am a radio amateur, call signs M1ETU and M0SOP and like to build my own gear. I've followed the eevblogs from the start, and bought my Rigol 'scope as a result. Very best wishes to all on the forum, and 73 in hamspeak. (why no smiley with a beard? :-)#

Offline d-sier

« Reply #871 on: January 20, 2013, 10:07:55 pm »
Hi, I'm Björn from Sweden. Computer systems consultant and used to work as a programmer (web and robotics).
I have always been tinkering around with electronics, but now I felt it was time to become more active.

I'm useless on analog but not quite as bad on digital.

My cat Tesla says hi :)

Offline ivaylo

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #872 on: January 21, 2013, 10:12:24 pm »
Hi all, originally from Eastern Europe, live in the States now. Used to do electronics as a teenager back in the 80s. End up doing software for the web and what not for the past 20 years. Trying to reconnect with my analog twin now and really appreciate your'all knowledge and humor...

Offline timonthegreat

« Reply #873 on: January 23, 2013, 01:29:05 am »
Hi, my names Timon ( pronounced  " tee-mon" )  and I'm not electronics engineer (still in high school) I have been signed up for a couple of weeks now, just haven't introduce myself yet. Currently I haven't exactly got a lab (just my bedroom) (at the moment) um... I do know how to solder, I have also been doing some arduino stuff lately (not much)
( insert other stuff )

-Timon

Offline ehayashi300

« Reply #874 on: January 23, 2013, 02:41:39 pm »
Hello Everyone

I am Edward from Newport, VA near Jefferson National Forest. I have been tinkering with the Raspberry Pi and recently purchased an arduino development kit.  I hope I will be able to write about some of my fun project here and maybe get advice.

Edward

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf