Author Topic: New Member, Please introduce yourself  (Read 1497625 times)

Offline WA5DC

Re: New Member, Please introduce yourself
« Reply #750 on: September 30, 2012, 05:31:13 pm »
Hello from Houston, Texas. My name is Bill. I have been working as an electrical technician for 30 years and have been a licensed Ham for 21 years. I started out in consumer electronics, specializing in two way radio. Last 18 years have been in the industrial environment, process control and robotics. I maintain a lab similar to Dave's at my home. I am always testing some type of instrumentation device or tearing down failed devices to learn more about cause and effect. You can never stop learning.

Offline TheBrick

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #751 on: October 03, 2012, 07:21:26 pm »
Not an EE my any stretch. Stumbled into the game for fun due to having to interface with some hardware via modbus at work, started to gain an interest and want to learn more.

Offline RyanMatthew

• !
    • Outsourcing Manufacturing
« Reply #752 on: October 04, 2012, 07:53:53 am »
Hi Friends !!! 8)

Congratulation to all of you. I'm new member join in this forum. I will introduce myself. My name is Ryan Matthew, This is my first-post. I am interested in this board it is important topic to be discussed. I like to join in this forum to meet friends share my thoughts and gain some knowledge through this forums, I have a lot of knowledge about Electronics Manufacturing Service. Please let me know if you have any specific questions and i will answer for you. I hope all friends will corporate with me.

I am waiting for your reply.

Thank you.
Ryan Matthew

Offline HVAC Guy

• Contributor
    • Clifton Park Tankless Sales and Service
« Reply #753 on: October 04, 2012, 11:20:56 pm »
Hi, my name is Paul and I am from the Capital area (Albany) of New York state in the US. I work as an HVAC tech and found this while researching some new equipment for work. I don't know much about electronics but I always like to learn new things. I currenrly use a Fluke 116 and 321 for work and was interested in learning more about them. I hope you guys can excuse my stupid questions without making too much fun of me.

Offline davefromamericanotaustria

« Reply #754 on: October 05, 2012, 01:03:09 am »
Hello! I've been following that crazy bloke from Australia (not Austria) for well over a year now. Although I have a degree in electrical engineering, I actually run a plumbing & mechanical contracting business near Chicago, Illinois, USA. It's hard to believe how much 1) I've learned from Dave and 2) that I failed to learn in college! Just spent <$9 (including postage) on capacitors to fix my $2,000 refrigerator's $175 control board.  The 'fridge happened to crap out shortly after I watched Dave's flat-screen-saving dumpster diving adventure, so it was no surprise at all to see a few bulging one-hung-low (or as I like to call them, Long Duk Dong) electrolytics.  Pain in the ass to remove the conformal coating to change out the caps, but the 'fridge is now happily humming along, good as new.  Thanks Dave!  I'm looking forward to seeing what goes on in the famous EEVBlog Forum...  Cheers!

Offline midasgossye

• Contributor
« Reply #755 on: October 06, 2012, 10:40:42 am »
Hi, I'm Midas from Belgium and I'm very interested in electronics.
I'm following dave for 2 months now, and i think i've seen all of his video's! :D

I study industrial science in high school.
I'm also interested in arduino and beaglebone.
I've been busy on a project, it's called the Bikeduino and you can read more about it here http://www.instructables.com/id/BIKEDUINO-Stopping-Point-Predictor-for-bike-ri/.
We have won the challenge with our project and got an arduino mega ADK.

So, this was my introduction.
Hope you liked it!

Greetings,
Midas

Offline DL8RI

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #756 on: October 06, 2012, 01:43:24 pm »
Hi,

my name is Martin and I'm from Germany.
Right now I study MSc. Electrical-Engineering (Communications/RF) at a University here... I'm into electronics since... well... since ever... maybe :D

At the moment I'm rebuilding my lab/mancave/junkyard (depends who you ask ;) ), so it's quite messy (sorry for that):

I have quite a lot RF-Stuff for HAM-Applications... mostly from Rohde & Schwarz... But also Audio, Digital and other things.
Over the years it's accumulated to a rather wide "collection" of nearly all major Brands of Test-Equipment. There are some rather seldom sold units like the ESI "Video Bridge" 2110 RLC-Meter. Because of this, a complete description of Everything would be quite a lot of work... if someone is interested in a specific instrument just ask, I will write something :)

Martin

Offline zorthgo

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #757 on: October 07, 2012, 02:05:55 pm »
      Hi everybody! Let me introduce myself. My name is Jay and I stumbled upon Dave's blog about 8 months ago when I was searching for material on how to solder components on a PCB. Have been following his blog ever since (LOVE YOUR BLOG DAVE). I am currently a Computer Engineering senior at Florida Atlantic University here in the US, and about to start on my masters. Frankly I thought I would be building giant robots to conquer the world by now (LOL!). But in reality I have all this theoretical knowledge but not enough practical experience. So, I've decided to take matters into my own hands by build my very own electronics lab and start doing some projects on my own. Hurraaay! Wish me luck! And see you guys around the forum!  ;)
Slow and steady wins the race!

Offline repo

« Reply #758 on: October 07, 2012, 02:43:21 pm »
Hulloh everyone!

I'm Peter, and I live in Helsinki, Finland.

I'm an electronics hobbyist, and general maker and tinkerer. I haven't done any electronics for the last, oh, at least a year, probably more, being busy with other stuff (woodworking and blacksmithing, mostly). I've been watching the EEVblog regularly though, which never fails to be interesting and entertaining. Then the other day while cleaning I found some old unfinished projects -- a bench power supply that's otherwise complete but needs to be cased up, and a half-finished Arduinome that I think I got the first parts for back in 2008, hah! Felt inspired, so I decided to dive back in, and sign up here while I'm at it!

I'm a pretty dedicated treehugger, so I'm mostly interested in various sorts of "green" projects, appropriate technology and that sort of thing. You're more likely to find me hacking something together from salvaged parts than designing my own PCBs, basically. I work as a graphic artist, but one of the nice perks about the job is that there's a lot of old computer hardware and electronics floating around at my workplace, and if I find something useful I'm more than happy to fish it out of the trash and give it a new life. I'll probably end up posting some of that in the future.

Cheers!
- Peter

Offline necroscope

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #759 on: October 08, 2012, 12:28:21 pm »
Hi my name is Ben,i am from australia,I am a beginner in electronics and have developed a passion for the hobby by slowly learning to fix the pcb's in my old arcade machines over the last few years,I am at the point where i am just about to buy my first scope and Just about to build my first kit a silicon chip ESR meter,Decided i needed one after watching dave's you tube video on fixing the lcd monitor(Btw dave if you read this I love your video blogs mate and i am an avid follower hope you keep them up) Anyway i joined the forum to learn so i guess i better get reading.

Offline trilium

« Reply #760 on: October 09, 2012, 10:09:04 am »
Greetings!  Watching EEVblog on youtube inspired me to get back into school and finish my computer engineering degree!  So now here I am, back in lovely Utica, NY.  90% of the stuff that gets discussed goes right over my head, but hopefully I'm not so rusty that I'll be ignorant of it forever.

Offline hp-ph

• Don't touch too much
« Reply #761 on: October 09, 2012, 05:09:40 pm »
Hello,I'm from Slovenia and one of my hobby is also to repair musical instruments,like keyboard and digital pianos.

Offline Mehran

• Contributor
« Reply #762 on: October 09, 2012, 08:49:05 pm »
Hi guys

i am a gas engineer in the UK, love that crazy aussie bloke. hope to get some help doing some electronics!

Offline loscha

« Reply #763 on: October 13, 2012, 11:51:54 pm »
Edward
Noble Park, Victoria.
Hobbyist. Never finished that degree in TAFE, got sick.

Primary interests: Musical synthesizers and other equipment from the early to late 80s (Casios and Yamahas a specialty), Guitar pedals, modern equipment, too.

I got my first job (not Electronics related) by answering the question why I really wanted the job by saying "I want to buy more shit that plugs into other shit".

Offline Martin.M

• Frequent Contributor
  • in Tek we trust
    • vintage Tek collection
« Reply #764 on: October 14, 2012, 04:58:03 am »
hello from germany.

My hobby is the care and collecting of old glowing test gear, specially Scopes, a lot of Tek Scopes.

greetings
Martin

Offline KF5OBS

• Regular Contributor
    • RF Electronics Blog
« Reply #765 on: October 15, 2012, 01:48:06 am »
Hey everyone,

my name is Sebastian, I am 24 years young and I am - just like most of you - an electronics enthusiast. I love RF and RF related topics. My username, KF5OBS,is my amateur radio call-sign. I build most of my amateur radio gear myself and I am not afraid of DIY projects with very high frequencies. My highest accomplishment is the 10 GHz amateur radio band so far.

I try to learn as much as I can and my favorite method is 'try and error'. When I started building electronics circuits at age 7, there was no literature and no internet available to me. My first experiment was to find out what happens if one connects a LED directly to a 9 V battery without a resistor. Why did I do it? Well, a red box warning in the manual for my electronics kits said not to do it, I wanted to know why. I ended up breaking both LEDs in the kit and was pretty sad that I could no longer experiment. A friend of my mum, who is an electronics engineer, laughed and brought me Red, Green, and Yellow LEDs - a hundred of each. After he also introduced me to a soldering iron and perforated PC Board, I was unstoppable. I found thousands of ways how not to do it and how to break a lot of components. That was the best form of learning for me.

Offline dirkwright

• Contributor
« Reply #766 on: October 15, 2012, 01:04:57 pm »
Hello, I'm Dirk Wright from America. I work at the patent office so I'm just a hobbiest. I'm into audio mostly.

Offline lilmantis

• Contributor
« Reply #767 on: October 17, 2012, 12:28:42 pm »
G'day Mates!
Just a young player joining in the fun.

Offline jakezilla

« Reply #768 on: October 18, 2012, 05:15:28 pm »
I'm Jake from USA. I am a EE and I love eevblog's wealth of info!

Offline cidcorp

• Supporter
« Reply #769 on: October 20, 2012, 02:04:53 am »

Guessing I probably should have introduced myself some time back.  Chris from sunny (joke) Toronto, Ontario, Canada. I've been a fan of Dave's middle finger approach to hardware reviews for some time now.  I try my best to watch the video blog whenever something new pops up on my Apple TV.

Eh?  (By the way Canadians don't say Eh after every sentence, we do apologize a lot tho - Sorry).

Chris

Offline Autoelectrical

• Contributor
« Reply #770 on: October 21, 2012, 12:26:53 am »
Hi,

I am Jason, I have no formal electronics background, but I have been learning as I install car stereo, and other modifications to my truck. I have also installed new light fixtures, ceiling fans,garage door opener, etc in the home.

Looking to learn more. I live in the United States.

Offline Otatiaro

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #771 on: October 22, 2012, 08:26:11 am »
Hello,

Ok my first post was a rant against SeeedStudio ... not that fair but they really messed up.

About me, name's Thomas, I live in France (North East), about 30 years old, spent about 5 years being software developer / software engineer in different companies.

I then started again electronics about 2 years ago, after a very small project I started working on a flybarless controller for helicopters, and 2 years later it's known as the MS Heli BRAIN flybarless controller ;) Now I'm working home on electronics/software projects.

I've watched quiet a bunch of Dave's videos, like very much the way he tells if somethings bad and also if somethings good.

I don't like analogic electronics very much, I do prefer having a central MCU with some wisely chosen peripheral and minimal analog stuff, I guess I'd need to improve this.

Thomas.

Offline stratogazer

• Contributor
  • Rank Amateur
« Reply #772 on: October 23, 2012, 11:57:42 pm »
Hi, all!

I'm Dean, 53 years old,  from Slippery Rock, PA, USA. No formal education in electronics ('cept what I'm able to glean from this site). Just starting to program my Arduino MEGA. Building a power supply/ breadboard work station for the Arduino and also making an audio amplifier for tunes in the man cave.
Learnin' little by little .  .  .

Offline exp1

• Contributor
« Reply #773 on: October 24, 2012, 02:13:22 am »
Hello, my name is José, I'm a 21 year old Argentinian EE student. Currently I'm working in electronic maintenance at a local factory, and a lot of personal projects I'm trying to get around finishing.

Offline ldivision

« Reply #774 on: October 24, 2012, 02:45:20 pm »
Hello, my name is Mark I am a railway signal electrician, I fiddle with electronic stuff at home where I have my own model railway. Hope to learn about lots of stuff I do not know.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf