Author Topic: New Member, Please introduce yourself  (Read 1485778 times)

Offline Stasiks

Re: New Member, Please introduce yourself
« Reply #725 on: September 02, 2012, 01:54:46 am »
Hi,
I am Martin from the Latvia , I am a wide range electronics of 10 years, forced to work as an electrician  :'( , since in the work is very much free time I have arranged good electronics lab  8)

Offline Topband RF

• Contributor
« Reply #726 on: September 03, 2012, 10:03:25 am »
Hello to all on the EEVblog.

A little insight to myself, I have been very interested in R.F. for almost 25 years. I am 36 years old and a FCC licensed amateur radio operator for almost 25 years at this point. I found my passion @ 11 years old.. and have been involved in one way or another from that point to today. I have dabbled in RF communication and minor experimentation any where from 1.8 Mhz to 24 ghz with limited microwave exposure (pun very much intended). I stumbled on the EEVblogs on youtube.. and have been watching many many of them for the past 3 or 4 days. It has sparked something inside me that has always been there yet I never perused it due to my lack of knowledge, education and other various reasons, and that is my desire to learn how to create, design, learn & implement some of my personal ideas into actual usable , proper functioning devices. I tend to read more than ask questions, which is a personal flaw of mine, when I don't understand a concept or 'rule' persay.. I generally don't lose interest , rather I just put it in the back of my head and say ' I'll keep this for later '

Hopefully out of this blog and others activities within, I will learn a few things, and be able to begin to embark on having a more solid understanding of how to actually create my ideas mainly for my own personal use.

Eternally thankful for the original pioneers of the R.F. Spectrum, Thank you.

Offline aep9690

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #727 on: September 03, 2012, 05:20:50 pm »
Hey, I'm Andrew, an electrical engineer from Massachusetts.  I am getting my masters in Control Systems and Analog Circuit Design.

Offline electros6

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #728 on: September 05, 2012, 02:48:21 am »
Hi guys,

Can anybody give me a idea about the circuit I need. Here is the specs . The circuit should on when power up and give a single shot pulse of around 10 secs and the circuit should got into power down ie. it should not react until it get reseted. Guys sorry about my English.

Any idea Please let me know

Dave sir I am a very big fan of yours. You are my first teacher of electronics after my Engineering degree. Please suggest me any idea about the circuit I mentioned above. Based on your power supply design project I already did a power supply based on atmega16 & LM317  and its works very fine. Now I am trying to do scope based on your MKIII  but the user interface is GLCD. Please bless me to finish my project because this is my dream project.

Offline martinuy

« Reply #729 on: September 06, 2012, 01:06:44 am »
Hello everybody!

I'm Martin From Uruguay (south america at the same latitude of Australia!)
I work with a lot of electronic stuff, especially industrial measuring instruments, and I like it!

I found this blog a few months ago, was the best find of the internet in a long time!

See you soon!

Offline redline

« Reply #730 on: September 06, 2012, 01:18:52 am »
hi Im Brendan from Brisbane (Australia). Im a IT tech and have been getting more into my DIY hobby stuff, Auto electrics and general fixing stuff for people. EEVblog has been renewing my passion for pulling things aparet to see how they work. and sometime fix them .. lol . After the printer/copier teardown a while back i pulled a multifunction printer apart just for fun ... was great.

Offline urosg

• Supporter
« Reply #731 on: September 07, 2012, 07:11:21 am »
Hi all!

So the first post to EEVBlog Forum is a short introduction, as my username suggest my name is Uros and I come from Slovenia (not Slovakia), I've been dabbling with electronics a few years now as a hobby but my day job is computer programmer, so it's kind of a natural extension if you think about it ;)

Currently I'm mostly dealing with "prototypes" that I'm making, hopefully someday I'm gonna make something that doesn't finish in the waste bin.

Oracle

« Reply #732 on: September 10, 2012, 12:37:14 pm »
Hi,

I'm Matthew, from Italy, I'm attending electrical school(last of 5 years) in Padua and I got 2 years electronic as subject, unfortunately i wasn't very good at it: new subject+ a severe teacher = 2/10 at my first test. The worst was that was only the first of a long series, when a day I was fed up to such a failure and i decided to make some projects and I started watching tutorials/video/how works thing like Ics and transistors(thanks Dave, you give me a real help) : after 1 month  i started to understand electronics, and finally i succeeded at school...and i had take electronic as my hobby because i realized you can do everything, (whit the right knowledge) .. Anyway my dream is to build up an electronic lab, but is really expansive, and I don't have enough money right now....

P.s: sorry if i didn't write my first post here, but i didn't see this topic...

Offline psycho0815

• Regular Contributor
    • H-REG Blog
« Reply #733 on: September 10, 2012, 04:41:52 pm »
Well then,
I'm Harm from Germany and my dayjob is software engineer, so branching out to microcontroller came kinda naturally. Lately i've been looking more into more classic electronicsstuff and i'm slowly getting more and more equipment and lots of projects. Hopefully i'll eventualy finish one of them.
If you like, check out my blog (german):
http://h-reg.blogspot.de

Offline Alana

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #734 on: September 12, 2012, 03:48:51 pm »
Anna from Poland.
Up until recently electronics was mainly a hobby from childhood and highschool times so i'm kinda expirienced with low cost DIY stuff. My daily job is PC and network fix-it-please girl but i'm thinking of going into electronics full time.

Offline tron9000

• Frequent Contributor
  • Still an Electronics Lab Tech
    • My Hack-a-day project page
« Reply #735 on: September 12, 2012, 10:09:02 pm »
Hello I'm Chris. I'm an electronic engineer in yorkshire england. I've worked on welders, operated and maintained giant ferris wheel, wired and assembled components for submersibles and underwater ROV's.

Currently designing electronics for analytical equipment. can't say too much! :-X

My second hobby is fixing and driving my landrover in offroad trails, good clean fun!!  ;D

Been a long time viewer of the EEVBlog, right interesting! Hopefully pick up some tips and offer some advice.

Cheers!
Partsbox.io - orangise your parts!
"If you're green you can only ripen. If you're ripe you can only rot!"

Offline M0BSW

• Frequent Contributor
  • Left this site 2013, they will not delete it ????
« Reply #736 on: September 15, 2012, 12:13:59 pm »
 Hello Everyone,
My name is Paul I live in the city of Peterborough UK,I've been a radio amatuer for some Years done the morse code test for the HF licence, I have spent several of those years building antennas  ,antenna tuning units, baluns, & some audio filters, I have in the past 5 Years become more & more interested in Electronics and the building repairing side of the hobby, which  has brought me to this forum after watching Dave on You Tube & subscribing to it.
I've only got the really basic equipment Telequipment D61 A scope which I was given :), Black-Star function Generator, 5001 Universal frequency counter, my home made scope component tester following the design of W2AEW, which is my favourite piece of gear at the moment.
I have collected several meters over the years including one for inductance, and  another for capacitance/HZ I musn't forget my Velleman 5 mhz personal scope I believe its called supposed to be like a full scope , but in hand held form?, works OK though,.
So with your advice and help . I hope to become more proficient which this side of our wonderful hobby, hope I havent bored you to tears & Drink., Never said so much about  me, and its uncomfortable to.
That's it
so " Hello "
no one would or will tell me how to delete this account

Offline LDSisHere

• Contributor
  • Be careful for what you wish, as you may get it.
« Reply #737 on: September 15, 2012, 02:42:03 pm »
Hello,

My name is Lloyd and I live in Clarksville, TN in the US.  I have a B.S. in Computer Science with a minor in Engineering Technology.  In my spare time I like working with, building, and repairing electronic devices.  I sometimes do microcontroller programming/projects, etch my own circuit boards, computer repair, etc.  I was referred to a thread in this forum by RetiredCaps from the “BadCaps.net” forum and I liked what I saw here and thought I should join.  I am sure I will be able to learn a lot here and hopefully I will occasionally know something useful that will help others.  If anyone needs help with their Alienware FX chips or want to know about Dell power adapters to laptop communication I may can help, but I do not claim to be an expert.  Thanks for reading.

Offline iloveelectronics

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #738 on: September 16, 2012, 04:08:47 am »
Hello all,

My name is Frank and I'm from Hong Kong. I have no formal electronics training background and am just a hobbyist. I used to build stuff like radios and amplifiers from schematics I found in magazines and books when I was a teenager (a couple of decades ago!) but never understood why or how things worked. Now with this inter web thingy learning becomes a lot easier and I got hooked again to this long lost hobby!

Being located in this part of the world means I have access to a lot of cheap (albeit low quality in most instances) electronics components and equipments, which doesn't help the addiction to buy more and more stuff I don't really need... I literally only have a "work bench" about 2 x 1 feet so I think I'm going to have to give away some stuff! I'll save this topic for another day.

Anyway, I thought I'd just pop in to say hi. If anyone needs help with Chinese made products (finding/buying or understanding instructions etc) I'd be happy to help. I read/write reasonable English (or so I'd like to believe anyway) so I hope I could be of some level of help to this wonderful community.

Cheers,
Frank
My email address: franky @ 99centHobbies . com
My eBay store: http://stores.ebay.com/99centhobbies

Offline maor

• Contributor
« Reply #739 on: September 16, 2012, 02:50:16 pm »
Hi!
My name is Maor Malka, and I'm studying practical engineering in Israel.
I started at electronics at the age of 14, the little craze when I first lit a led on a breadboard got me quite exited.
since then I studied at high school Electronics, Computers and Physics and now I study practical engineering at college.
Now I'm at my last trimester in practical engineering, during this time I am also working at a music store repairing guitars, amps and other electrical equipment

I'm now working on my final project in 14th grade practical engineering which will be an fpga based fiber optics communication interface.

I found the eevblog a couple of months ago and I have decided to join up.

So..., It's nice to meet you everyone!

Offline Pagweb

« Reply #740 on: September 17, 2012, 12:59:10 am »
Greetings,

My name is Marcos and I'm a Computer Science and Engineering Student at Florida Atlantic University. Electronics is not a core part of my degree but I've always been interested and became a hobbyist a few years ago after reading some literature about basic electronics. I can build simple circuit from scratch and I'm currently working on building my own power supply.

I've been following the eevblog on youtube since 2010, but it's not until now that I became a member of the forum. Hopefully I can learn new stuff from the pros here.

Anyway, that's just something about me.
I'll see ya around...

Offline swifty01

« Reply #741 on: September 18, 2012, 06:42:31 am »
Hi all. My Name is Paul. been working in electronice for well over 40 years now. I enjoy radio (G0MIH) and communications and probegation. I have a long and wasted Ph.D in those old things that glow in the dark. Sadly no longer used well not much anyway.

Offline andreicek

• My GitHub
« Reply #742 on: September 18, 2012, 07:22:03 am »
Hi all! My name is Andrei and I am from Croatia. EE is my exclusively my hobby since I am studying politics  :).
I am interested in Arduino and ATtiny chips. All what I've learnt about EE is from Internet, school books and bits and pieces from older friends.

I've been following EEVblog on YouTube for a couple of months now!

I hope to see you all soon over here!

Offline D design

« Reply #743 on: September 26, 2012, 04:38:44 am »
Hello, I'm Nathaniel and Im intrestied in everything electronic. Im quite a noob so dont know much but willing to learn. I just make hobbiest kits ect. I want to get into PIC/Arduno programming.

Offline ONe HuNg lOW

« Reply #744 on: September 26, 2012, 06:39:46 pm »
From America and I have been following this blog for about 1 and half.  I like most of his episodes but he keeps making fun of me.   ;D  Anyways I would like to know if anyone can help me find a blog on RF circuitry since Dave is really into quality and digital circuitry.

Offline smugtronix

• Contributor
« Reply #745 on: September 26, 2012, 08:28:38 pm »
I'm Ross, from the US. I'm a senior in high school, currently knee-deep in the college process. If all goes well, this time next year I should be studying EE at (insert decent to above average university here). I started out building out guitar effects on Veroboard, and now while that's all fun and good, in the grand scheme of learning electronics, it only teaches you the absolute basics (how resistors, capacitors, op-amps, stuff like that work). I think I'm ready to learn a bit more.

Offline Tuomas

• Contributor
    • My random electronics projects
« Reply #746 on: September 27, 2012, 09:04:00 am »
I'm Tuomas and I'm close to finishing my Bachelor's degree in embedded systems here in Finland and I do a lot of electronics on my spare time aswell. Some tidbits of information:
- Always looking to learn more about anything related to electronics.
- Full time Linux user/fanatic.
- Big fan of open source and open source hardware movements, but I try to be aware of their problems awell.
- I like AVRs, dislike Arduino.

Offline ONe HuNg lOW

« Reply #747 on: September 27, 2012, 11:58:37 pm »
Whats up with everyone mad at me!  It's just my name and I try my best to design electronics, LOL

Offline andete

• Contributor
  • famous for its killer edible poets
« Reply #748 on: September 30, 2012, 06:44:59 am »
Hi,

I'm a Computer Scientist who has taken up electronics the last 2 years and really enjoys designing circuits, LED drivers, microcontrollers, ...
Besides electronics I enjoy playing with programming languages, photography and gardening.
I've been mostly lurking here for knowledge, but hope to use the forum more actively as I don't know many other people with a big interest in EE.

Joost

Offline Beef Supreme

« Reply #749 on: September 30, 2012, 01:33:57 pm »
hi, my name is philippe, im from germany and i dropped university about 2 years ago. i was studding technical informatics. i was just too lazy so i had to leave but it was okey.

my main hobbys are cutting some big vrm's from one computerpart to put it to another. what i do is related to improve overclocking graphics cards. im doing this not only for me, i do it for a forum and the guys there. and maybe a little bit for my satisfaction.

here is grafics card from nvidia, called gtx 295, only the vrm survived. it has 3 powerstages from volterra which can handle about 40 amps and about 2volts. so its output is about 240watts. the datasheets are unter n.d.a. but you know  ;)
http://www.abload.de/img/dscn59950mqss.jpg

here is the other grafics card, a 8800gts from nvdia. this card had a few burned powermosfets. some big wires are need to feed the card because a lot of amps cause a voltage drop over the wires resistance.
http://www.abload.de/img/dscn6036wjrfa.jpg

after i replaced the dead vrm part its running again. i mean there were some more steps and secrets involved but the result is perfect.
http://www.abload.de/img/dscn6046x0q95.jpg

thats what iam doing.

heres another work.
http://www.abload.de/img/dscn605924xtu.jpg

i found dave's blog just by accident. ;D

btw, no doubt, my equipment is cheap-o but its working, i also have to affort the dead hardware, cuz some working parts could hurt me about 1000$.

so. here i am. :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf