Author Topic: New Member, Please introduce yourself  (Read 1485772 times)

Offline timcki

• Contributor
Re: New Member, Please introduce yourself
« Reply #675 on: July 17, 2012, 12:47:20 am »
I am Tim.
I am a geek.
I like messing with stuff.
When I was young I would rather play baseball than figure out how to learn ohms law
40 something years later I have become a nerd and I want to take everything apart and figure it out....
I play with arduinos but I can't code worth a sh**.....
Live in U.S.A
been reading the forums for a while trying to learn but I quickly get over whelmed,.....  so then I go outside and blow up capacitors.....
This oscilloscope isn't telling me anything all I see is a squiggly line....

Offline jayris

« Reply #676 on: July 17, 2012, 11:22:57 pm »
good day im jayson from philippines,,,,,working in electronic company :)

Offline Jimmy the Squid

• Regular Contributor
  • Complete and utter newb.
« Reply #677 on: July 18, 2012, 03:39:26 am »
Hello from California, USA. I'm a complete and utter newb when it comes to electronics. I am a jack of all trades though. Educated as a forester, with career in Government Finance. Though I have been a long-time computer geek. I stumbled across Dave's soldering tutorials on YouTube a few months back, and have worked my way through just about all of the blog videos since then. Once I caught up to the current Vblogs, I decided it was time to join the forums. Most of this is way over my head, but total immerison is a proven learning technique... at least until my wife finds out that the funny smell was a smoking inductor on my breadboard, and not the dog.

Offline Physics_Dude

« Reply #678 on: July 18, 2012, 09:36:42 am »
Hello sub-world, greetings from the Sunshine State!
I'm just a dyslexic IT and EE nerd among other things.

Offline amvakar

• Contributor
« Reply #679 on: July 18, 2012, 12:04:44 pm »
Hello, I am Ryan, currently studying electrical and computer engineering at the University of Missouri. While there I've focused mostly on microcontrollers and embedded systems. I also tend to work on audio-related projects, as I enjoy both listening to and recording music without spending an exorbitant amount of money on things I'm sure don't work.

Offline Classicmacintosh

• If it has a mouse and keyboard, I'm interested!
« Reply #680 on: July 18, 2012, 10:41:18 pm »
G'day folks. I am Ed from sunny Blackpool in the UK. i found out about the EEVblog from MikesElectricStuff and have been a big fan ever since. Randomly decided to hop along here and see what it's like. So far I've been tinkering with the wiki a bit cleaning up the most prominent spam pages (sorry for the log spam, Dave!) and really like what I see here.

I probably should mention that I am a major computer nerd - for goodness' sake I run my own blinking Wndows Server domain at home serving about 10 PCs which were rescued from the landfill.
Anyways, thanks for reading my post and I look forward to being a part of these forums.
-Ed Neil
<ed@ukrnet.co.uk>

Offline Hrvoje-CRO

• Contributor
« Reply #681 on: July 19, 2012, 06:29:32 pm »
Hello,

I am Hrvoje from Croatia. Electronics is my interest from my very early days. My formal education is PC technitian and a lot's non-formal education and still going further in education.  ;)

Offline Slothie

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #682 on: July 21, 2012, 07:34:52 am »
Hello I'm Slothie, also known as Ian Rolfe :)
I'm a 49 year old computer programmer from Berkshire in the UK, I've been dabbling in electronics since the age of 10 when I helped my dad build ham radio gear. I got into computers at school and followed that trail, but sometimes I wished I'd done engineering instead. So I've been playing with electronics in my spare time to make up!

I'm good at starting projects but not so good at finishing them, So my priority at the moment is to finish a few of them off! To this end I'm working on a website to document what I am doing so hopefully people will goad me to keep on!

I've been enjoying the eevblog for some time and its nice to see I'm not the only one who's not so good at finishing projects!

Offline chscholz

• Regular Contributor
    • Hioki USA website
« Reply #683 on: July 22, 2012, 04:56:41 pm »
Quit my job with LeCroy last week and will start working for Rohde & Schwarz out of the Dallas office.
My new job assignment will be related to Rohde & Schwarz's vector network analyzers (VNAs).

Chris

Hello everybody,

I just run into this website and want to take the opportunity to introduce myself.
My name is Chris Scholz, I work as Field Applications Engineer for a large US-based manufacturer of oscilloscopes and protocol analyzers.
Glad to be here , please don't hesitate to contact me for any questions related to electronic time-domain test and measurement issues.

Chris
Don't trust me I work in marketing!

After a few years with LeCroy and R&S I work for HIOKI USA. If there is anything I can help with, please contact me.

Offline TTSDA

« Reply #684 on: July 24, 2012, 10:19:24 pm »
Hi!

My name is Tiago and I'm a 17 year old student from Portugal.
I have been interested in electronics and how stuff worked since I can remember myself.
I stumbled upon the EEVBlog while looking for multimeter reviews :>

Offline plazma

• Frequent Contributor
    • Homepage
« Reply #685 on: July 26, 2012, 07:57:59 pm »
Hello,

I'm an electrical engineering student/design engineer from Finland. I'm finalizing my studies (thesis almost done) but have worked full time for many years already.

BTW: there is something wrong in the registering page.
There is a question "What is 84 divided by 2?:" at the end.
It did not accept my correct answer "the answer to life the universe and everything".

PS: The same answer was also asked when posting this message and it did not accept the correct answer either. Maybe Dave could fix it.

PPS: my latest toy https://www.dropbox.com/s/c741jrn9tqwyunh/4403.JPG

Offline hydroman1976

« Reply #686 on: July 27, 2012, 11:23:51 pm »
Hello everyone. I am a beginner interested in learning electronics. I have plenty of ideas and have experimented a little with bridge rectifiers, capacitors and other things. My main interest is in converting water into fuel(water fuel) which I have done for several years. I have some questions I'd like to discuss that I will post on another area.
hydroman1976

Offline DRT

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #687 on: July 29, 2012, 02:20:02 pm »
Hi All,

I've been an embedded designer for the last 20 years and have been working for one of the 'Silicon Fen' engineering consultancies in Cambridge for the last 13 years. I started at an early age - allegedly my first words were 'light on, light off'! As a teenager, before we could afford a home computer, I would camp in high-street shops and hack Z80 assembler on Sinclair home computers. In my professional career, I've been responsible for the software, and sometimes the hardware, for a number of consumer and industrial products. Unfortunately NDAs prevent me naming names.

Recently I've been more involved in project leading and management stuff and my 'hands on' work has declined, so I've resurrected electronics as a hobby.

David
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 02:40:19 pm by DRT »

Offline GnatGoSplat

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #688 on: July 30, 2012, 02:22:04 pm »
I'm a computer programmer for the local state university.  I don't deal with the inner-workings of hardware in my professional life, but I have loved electronics and gadgets for as long as I can remember.  I still remember begging my mom to buy me a Radio Shack autoranging digital multimeter in 4th or 5th grade and then being overjoyed when I found the exact one in my stocking on Christmas morning.  I recently got the "bug" to upgrade all my test equipment and started researching stuff on Google which is how I found this forum.
Shawn

Online bookaboo

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #689 on: July 31, 2012, 10:01:44 pm »
Hi,

I'm a professional electronics engineer. I do PCB design and PIC programming for some niche industrial applications.
I run my own business which unfortunately takes me away from the test bench and into horrible things like accounts and marketing (ugggh).

Been watching Dave on youtube recently and looking forward to checking out the forums here :)

Offline virtual_m

« Reply #690 on: August 02, 2012, 01:34:01 am »
Hi to all.

I´m student of electronics engineering (applied electronic) at University of Montenegro - Faculty for electrical engineering. Currently I´m working on my premaster degree project (and something beside that - just for fun :) ).
Recently I started to watch Dave´s videos on YT.. and now.. I´m here..

PS. Videos are great. I enjoy to watch them.. Thumbs up :)

(sorry for my english... it will be better :) )

Cheers!

Offline lapm

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #691 on: August 05, 2012, 08:32:03 pm »
Hello everyone. I live in Finland, am 36 years of age...

Im been away from electronics for decade about... And finally desided to come back to hobby that used to bring great enjoyment for me. Alot has changed during this time. Leadfree soldering, etc...

Im not engineer, nor do i work on anything related to engineering or electronics as dayjob. Seriously i work in production line in beer manufacturing. Not much tinkering nor engineering there.

i got wife, dog and three cats. being doing various things during my lifetime, from trying to learn programming and electronics to metalworking..

Anyways, wanted to say hi to everyone.

PS. dave, love those videos of yours.
Electronics, Linux, Programming, Science... im interested all of it...

Offline Fahad Akhtar

« Reply #692 on: August 06, 2012, 10:57:35 am »
Hi guys!
My question is not precisely related to the forum, which is, what would you guys suggest as a final year project to an Electrical Power Engineering student? I need as many ideas as possible.

Offline Fahad Akhtar

« Reply #693 on: August 06, 2012, 11:00:22 am »
Hi guys!
My question is not precisely related to the forum, which is, what would you guys suggest as a final year project to an Electrical Power Engineering student? I need as many ideas as possible

Offline JBartley

« Reply #694 on: August 06, 2012, 04:36:20 pm »
Hey everyone,
I am Justin from The US.  I am an electrical Engineer and have been following EEVblog from the beginning, I have just got around to signing up for the forums and I am looking forward to finally interacting with the growing community.

Offline Bluespark

« Reply #695 on: August 06, 2012, 11:19:06 pm »
Hi all
great forum,just looking around.

dave keep up the great video blogs.

Alan. from liverpool england.

dave i have a cousin in pymble sydney. are you anywhere near here?

regards.

Offline htassell

• Supporter
« Reply #696 on: August 08, 2012, 01:50:16 am »
Hi everyone,

I'm a geophysicist based in Tasmania. I'm the director of a geophysical consultancy firm but also dabble in electronics engineering. Most of my work has mainly been based around high precision GPS and inertial positioning, seismic acquisition hardware and heavy lift UAV platforms.

Dave's blog and the resource here on the forums have been of great help, and entertainment to me and I look forward to making an active contribution myself.

Cheers,

Hugh

Offline grantw34

« Reply #697 on: August 10, 2012, 07:25:00 am »
Hi all
I joined this forum for the simple reason is I am looking for some one that  can  design a reasonably basic 12v circuit for me :)
So if any one is interested in assisting please let me know.
Thanks all
Grant

Offline electrode

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #698 on: August 10, 2012, 07:28:28 am »
We can certainly help (assuming it's not some crazy idea to get rich quickly). Post a new thread about it and paste the link here.

Offline mickpah

• Regular Contributor
    • Yeti Hacks
« Reply #699 on: August 12, 2012, 11:13:32 am »
Hi Mike here
started my electrical  apprenticeship at about 10, maybe earlier ( was always at dad's side in the shed). He had a massive stack of Electronic Australia magazines (must have gone back to the 60's as I can remember prices in pounds). Think that's what me going. I decided I want to understand the diagrams with the squiggly lines !

Eventually did a real apprenticeship as an electrical fitter on a mine, and then industrial electronics certificate. Then a few years as an Electronic tech at a hospital (call them biomedical engineers now). Then off into the world of medical imaging (CT, MRI, Xray Nuclear Med & IT ) as a service engineer for 12.
Along the way picked up a degree in computing and went to the darkside for a time ( sales and marketing,  hated it. )
Now working in IT , a job that has no title ( maybe it's Just Do It & Make it WORK !) & back to tinkering with micro controllers at home.

look forward to a chat here

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf