Author Topic: New Member, Please introduce yourself  (Read 1497628 times)

Offline nardev

• Supporter
Re: New Member, Please introduce yourself
« Reply #525 on: February 18, 2012, 01:50:26 am »
EE student dropout, IT bsc and very interested in micro-controllers...currently only PIC

Offline dustooff

• Contributor
« Reply #526 on: February 18, 2012, 04:06:37 am »
Hi all,
another b^*###& aussie...
SE QLD
been doing Electronics tech work since late 80's, mostly instrumentation.
actually came into contact with some of Dave's designs around 93-94.

Am another CNC'er.

hobbies, making things out of wood.

regards
Andrew

Offline Christe4nM

• Supporter
« Reply #527 on: February 18, 2012, 02:58:05 pm »
Hi everyone,

Two weeks ago I stumbled on the EEVblog while researching DMM’s. Thanks to Dave and some of your reviews I decided to order an Agilent U1272A as my very first measurement device. While watching Dave and reading the forums I realized there’s a ton of information/treasure here, so I registered and became a forum member.

I’m an undergraduate EE student from the Netherlands. I think I’ll be mostly asking questions, but hopefully I’ll be able to contribute as well. Before university I never thought a moment about EE, but since the start of the study it grew on me and currently I’m considering designing my own linear voltage supply. By reading a lot I understand the basic design, but I’d like to go deeper into line- and load regulation, step response, etc. (Yes, I’m a bit of a perfectionist  ;)) Also I hardly know anything about MCU’s so, I’m guessing it’ll be a multiyear project, but learning and discovering is really fun.

Greetings,
Christean

Offline nardev

• Supporter
« Reply #528 on: February 19, 2012, 11:07:49 am »
Hi all, my name is Filip and I am from Croatia. No formal education in electric/electronics (I am machinist) but electronics is my hobby from early days...

Dje si komšija, ješta mai :D

Offline Tube_Dude

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #529 on: February 19, 2012, 03:59:29 pm »
Hello

I'm Jorge, from Portugal and have been lurking around for some time.

Today I take the decision to become member of this thoughtful comunity...
Jorge

Offline Pentium100

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #530 on: February 19, 2012, 11:16:59 pm »
Hi, I live in Lithuania, somebody on Stack Exchange linked to one of the EEVblog videos and I watched a lot of them - really interesting.

While I sometimes build new devices, I am more interested in repairing old ones and to do that effectively I have to understand how the device works and the design of it, since I sometimes cannot find service manuals or circuit diagrams. Building new stuff is fun, but takes a lot of money - this is why I don't do it very often. I also only build things for myself - not mass production for sale.

Offline steve_w

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #531 on: February 20, 2012, 06:14:44 am »
Hi

My name is steve, I was a radio tech but now work in management :-(   I get my electronics fix after hours.  I am into micros and home automation, Love AVR and would like to get into PIC.

So long and thanks for all the fish

Offline LuckyJaker

• Contributor
« Reply #532 on: February 20, 2012, 04:02:35 pm »
Hi my name is Luc I am from Quebec, Canada.  I designed electronics and software/firmware for the last 30 year although my degree is in physics.  Dave I really enjoy your blog.  (I am french canadian, so forgive me for the quality of my english).

Offline lloop9

« Reply #533 on: February 21, 2012, 04:04:01 am »
Hello guys, I'm Andrew. I've been lurking for sometime now, but its time to show my true colors, hehehe. Thank you for having me here! This is a fantastic place to be!

Offline gnamp

« Reply #534 on: February 21, 2012, 04:31:55 am »
Hi, I'm Dominic. I'm a law student & taxi driver in England. I'm interested in programming, computer-graphics and electronics. I like designing and fixing things :)

Offline Andy

• Contributor
« Reply #535 on: February 22, 2012, 12:34:11 am »
Hi all! My name is Andy. Just finished a Software Engineering degree in Australia. Stumbled across the EEVBlog a couple of months ago and had my childhood interest in electronics reignited!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 03:22:17 pm by Andy »

Offline opticpow

• Contributor
  • Hoping to one day understand the crap I play with!
« Reply #536 on: February 22, 2012, 12:39:31 pm »
Just posting so my account doesn't get killed again!!!

Offline IntrepidN00b

« Reply #537 on: February 22, 2012, 06:03:19 pm »
Hi Im Chris From Sweden, im curious has hell and loves to learn new things.
I get bored very easily and love challenges that are quite a bit over my current capacity.

I'm what you engineers would call a "Liberal arts student", well former one, and a drop out at that =D
Ive studied infomratics, systems theory, visual culture, inter artial relations, History of Ideas and science, and more.
Have worked for Nikon Nordic as a technical advisor to stores, customers and professional services, have also done an internship as a museum photographer and archivist. Current employment is IT Helpdesk (SPOC, 1st line).

Whent toa technical natrual sciences program at hichschool some 10 years ago.

I'm very much into the hacker mindset.

Im trying to learn to build stuff that amazes and make my life easier, so i have yet to figure out how to get midi enabled DSSTC automated into my htpc system running xbmc... ;-) (that was only half a joke btw)

Offline rolycat

• Super Contributor
« Reply #538 on: February 22, 2012, 08:50:59 pm »
Hi, I've been interested in electronics since my schooldays in the 1970s when I built my first computer, a single-board 6502 with 4K of memory called the UK101.

First encounter with microcontrollers was in the late 90s when I bought a Simmstick AVR programmer called the DT006 from Dontronics - anyone remember those?

Since then I've done more programming than electronics, but my interest has been rekindled by Dave's blog and I'm getting into SMD techniques and newer chips like the PIC24.

Offline jaycee

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #539 on: February 26, 2012, 12:12:03 am »
I'm Pete, a 30 year old guy from the UK, living in Norwich.

Electronics has been a long term hobby of mine which I don't get to do often enough. By trade I am a software engineer.

Offline stanigator

« Reply #540 on: February 27, 2012, 04:13:23 am »
My name is Stanley Lee. I graduated from electrical engineering a few years ago in Canada. Even though I am not practicing it professionally, I would still like to engage with a community such as this one.

Offline Write_to_Smokegenerator

• Regular Contributor
  • enthused hobbyist
« Reply #541 on: February 28, 2012, 08:09:46 am »
Hello. I'm Michael, I live in Austria and I'm interested in Hobby Electronics
Wondering about my Username have a look at:
http://www.finkewitz.de/uwe/witze/ANSIASM.txt

Offline Randall W. Lott

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #542 on: February 28, 2012, 07:36:32 pm »
I've been an avid viewer of the EEVblog on YouTube for many years, but I decided it would be a smart choice to join the forum.

I'm Randy; a 23 year old Electrical Engineering student, PCB designer, and start-up company CTO in the USA.
- Randy

Offline Greg323i

• Contributor
  • Resistance is futile! (If less than 1 ohm)
« Reply #543 on: February 29, 2012, 10:36:16 am »
My name is Greg, I'm a scorpio living in Melbourne. I'm into cars, audio electronics, music, jet engines, etc. I'm married, but open-minded. Be gentle with me.  ;D ::)

I found Dave's videos through the 555 timer contest, actually and I've been watching all of them since last week. Some really good stuff there.

Offline Adrien

• Contributor
  • Industrial EE
« Reply #544 on: March 01, 2012, 11:07:14 pm »
Hi My name Adrien. I'm an Electronics Engineer in Auckland, New Zealand. Mainly working on Power Electronics devices. I am interested in Electronics in general, cars, Snowboard and windsurfing
"I can't blow my 400mA DMM fuse I am only using 10V from the bench top power supply" says the electronics lecturer

Offline mrdubje

• My youtube channel
« Reply #545 on: March 02, 2012, 07:00:35 pm »
Hello all.
I'm Jeroen from The Netherlands, 23 years old at this moment. Electronics was my main interest from when I was little, now I have made my (fairly passive) hobby into my work.
My daily job consists of repairing and testing products or just assembled PCB's. Occasionally, I build or help building test setups too. In short: I'm a test&repair operator/engineer.
My wish is to take place in a R&D department as a support technician for building test setups and such, thinking along with the development team without being completely responsible for a whole product and learning a lot in the process.

My schooling consists of a theoretical base, followed by an electronics study (Intermediate Vocational Training) for which I had to learn telecommunication techniques, transmission techniques, computer network management (Windows based) and lots of other stuff I do not know how to name in English. I graduated from it and have my diploma.

Software programming of chip programming (or on the computer, writing programs) is a nightmare for me. I just do not know where/how to start.
Same for my math skills, horrible (I'm not to keen on complex calculations)
This is what's keeping me from a higher level of education, unfortunately.

My hobby consists of repairing the occasional failure at home and building projects grabbed from the Internet from time to time. Also some minor modifications at various equipment.
I also learned to fabricate PCB's at school, but don't own any equipment to do so at home, something for the future I guess.

I stumbled upon the EEVBlog on Youtube a half year ago, watching and catching up since. I think Dave is great and probably was a nice colleague to have when at work.
Electronics changed the way we live, think and work...

Offline danander11

• Supporter
« Reply #546 on: March 03, 2012, 01:07:05 pm »
Danny here...

A Yank (born Arizona, from Houston Texas), living in Oz now.. (8 years).

Drummer for about 38 years..  recently got into audio engineering.  Building a nice project studio with some nice gear that I've accumulated..  building more.

No Einstein but I get by..  I ask a lot of questions but I'm not above jumping in anyways and sorting things out for myself.

Peace!

Offline Krapao

« Reply #547 on: March 04, 2012, 12:50:14 pm »
Hi, my name is Stefan, but i choose my user name from my favorite food :-)
I'm from Germany and do digital electronics with AVRs on hobby level.

Offline skyfilter

« Reply #548 on: March 04, 2012, 02:03:10 pm »
Hi, my name is Ed. I am a manager at a Telecommunications company. Since very young I have always been interested in electronics. It has been my hobby for many years. For the last ten years not so much due to other responsibilities at work. I am looking rekindle that interest since I plan to retire one day doing what I like most. I have been searching for a good low cost oscilloscope. I read several reviews on many sites and narrowed down my selection to the Rigol DS1052E. I have had the brand new scope for one day and suddenly it crashed on me. I am seeing vertical bars or sometimes a white pattern only. It does go through the boot process where you see the "loading ..." message. My scope was shipped with what I think is the latest firmware (02.06.00). Feedback from other people who might have run into the same problem would be much appreciated. I am quite disappointed that Rigol does not have a good quality control of their products.

Offline ChrisMe

« Reply #549 on: March 04, 2012, 10:23:52 pm »
Hi my name's Chris, 25 yrs old, I'm an engineering student and I am developing applications based on PIC or AVR microcontroller on the side. I also develop Java based solutions for companies
When I'm not doing anything related to before mentioned things, I'm a passionate motorcyclist.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf