Author Topic: New Member, Please introduce yourself  (Read 1497630 times)

Offline Milmat1

• Contributor
Re: New Member, Please introduce yourself
« Reply #1850 on: January 08, 2016, 04:50:22 pm »
Hello everyone, My name is Matt Miller.

I have been watching Dave's video blog quite a lot and found so much great info that I figured I could learn even more and may even share some experiences over here on the forum.
I am an electric designer for a custom machinery builder. I design control systems for various motor control and motion control etc.
Being a long time electronics hobbyist (as long as I can remember) and a HAM radio operator, Iam always trying to do something new and sometimes I also contribute to the local landfill...

Thanks to everyone here for the great place !
Never tell the customer: "It Can't do that" !

Offline mroz

« Reply #1851 on: January 09, 2016, 10:27:23 am »
Hello,

I'am an electronics graduated electronics engineer, currently getting my master of science degree in electronics specialized in computer based systems and embedded systems on Gda?sk University Of Technology in Poland. I am a self taught software developer with professional experience as a both wep page developer and BIOS developer at Intel.

My interests are:
*Software projects - low level 8bit MCP based systems and integration of such systems
*Hardware - small devices that do one thing and do it well
Projects examples:
* a stereoscopic usb camera with two degrees of freedom, tightly coupled with an Oculus rift
* Wifi enabled power strip with power usage measurement (I am the hardware guy)
* Web controlled sensor hub with RS485

Some of my work ( there are no that much... yet), and a CV in case you wont to hire me ;] : http://github.com/mrozo

Offline nadien

• !
« Reply #1852 on: January 10, 2016, 06:06:46 pm »
Hi all, my name is Nadine and I am from Malaysia. No formal education in electric/electronics (I am developer) but electronics is my hobby from early days...

Offline chirality

• Contributor
« Reply #1853 on: January 12, 2016, 05:06:12 pm »
Hello everyone,

I'm chirality. I started watching Dave about a year ago and was impressed by his videos. I'm currently learning electronics theory and would like to improve my circuit design skills for various projects. EEVblog has been helpful in accelerating my understanding and I hope to start contributing to this forum in a meaningful way.

Warm regards to all. -chirality

Offline Falkra

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1854 on: January 12, 2016, 09:12:15 pm »
Hi,  :D

I'm Falkra (ok, that's just a nickname), I live in France, and I have been watching Dave's videos for some time now, that means hundreds of videos now, and I really like them (Australian words inside !).  ;D

I am learning electronics, alone, slowly but this is a hobby. My goal is to understand better how things work, and to be able to repair some devices.

I like oscilloscopes, multimeters and those devices, I recently got an old analog oscilloscope, a multimeter (Uni-T... oops... ok not a Fluke 87 V...) and a clamp meter for reasonnable prices, I also have now a soldering station and a desoldering gun, a basic lab power supply as well, and... I need to practice more and more, get experience and better skills. ;)

Safety is improtant, thanks for the good pieces of advice in the videos, thanks again.

Sorry for the language, I speak french and spanish, english is a bit more difficult, so I will write with some mistakes.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2016, 09:15:58 pm by Falkra »

Offline TinkerFan

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1855 on: January 12, 2016, 10:17:13 pm »
I'm sorry, that I introduce myself this late, but I have overlooked this thread.
So here I am now, a German student (Yr11), who started with electronics about 3 years ago. With a 40 year old kit from my father (who gave up about 38 years ago ;) ). Before that I was encouraged by a friend to start progamming, but after 2/3 years, it became boring, because you are always sitting in front of a PC. So (after I had a bit of a play around with the kit) I tried a mix of both programming and electronics (Arduino) and a year later with the Stm32f4 dev board (which I killed last year, because I forgot protection diodes for a relais |O). But when I started with the stm, I found it very hard (and it was similar when I tried AVR's), because the Arduino is very, very simplified and some basic things (timer, interrupts) are almost never used. While I was doing that, I learned more and more about electronics, until I decided to drop the µC's for a year or two to learn the basics of electronics. I do that with the Art of electronics (currently Chapter 2) and with a lot of YouTube videos (dave, TheSignalPathBlog, Mikeselectricstuff, w2aew (that name...hard to remember correctly), etc.) and with the AmpHour.
About one and a half years ago I bought my first scope (an old Philips, very good one) on ebay, but it failed and I had to send it back. The PM3065, I use now, is also from ebay, and I think it is a really good unit. I 'needed' a scope, to test some basic electronic things (filter, amplifier...).
I also have a UT-61C DMM, which has (in Germany) two(!) HRC fuses and has a TÜV certificate, which is an independent safety test here in Germany. It seems to have a much better input protection, as the one Dave did a teardown of, quite a while ago.
The function generator that I got for Christmas is a Rigol DG1022.

For those who want a short summary:
- Beginner, started about 3yrs ago
- Arduino & Stm32f4 (a bit)
- good test equiptment knowledge (due to Dave's and milorton's videos)
- very basic knowledge in general electronics (probably even less, but I'm working on it)
- Equiptment: PM3065 scope; Rigol DG1022 FuncGen and a UT61C DMM
"A good scientist is a person with original ideas. A good engineer is a person who makes a design that works with as few original ideas as possible. There are no prima donnas in engineering." - Freeman Dyson

Offline Johntron

• Contributor
« Reply #1856 on: January 13, 2016, 04:15:06 am »
Hi, I'm John Syrinek:
  • Professional software engineer for over 10 years (still loving it)
  • Electronics hobbyist for a few years now
  • Recently bought a DS1054Z (thanks Tequipment – I'd been wanting one for years) and a copy Art of Electronics
  • ... and am only on page 44 even though I've been reading for weeks (trying to really understand everything)
  • Looking for answers to basic electronics questions and news about cool new chips
  • Latest project was a development tool to inject noise into LDOs/opamps for learning purposes (connected from an ES6 web UI via Wi-Fi)
  • Most interested in how lab equipment works (uSupply, DDS AWGs, and anything ovenized)
  • Favorite learning tool: EveryCircuit - I'm johntron, check out my circuits

Offline vasi_ro

• Supporter
« Reply #1857 on: January 13, 2016, 06:07:21 pm »
Hi !
My name is Vasile and i'm from Romania.
I have no formal education in electronics but is my hobby since i was a child.

Offline royshen9154

« Reply #1858 on: January 14, 2016, 03:00:59 am »
Hi everyone,

I am Roy from China. I got my Master degree of EE in Syracuse. And now I am a hardware engineer in HandScape in Fremont,CA. Hope to learn mroe from you guys and this forum. Thanks.

Z80

« Reply #1859 on: January 15, 2016, 04:42:21 pm »
Hi all, names Trevor.  I 'discovered' the EEVBlog by accident some years ago when searching for a review of the pic kit 3 and came across that video  :-DD and have been watching ever since.  Started as an EE at a large Synchrotron facility in the UK, then did a CS Masters degree and am now a SAP consultant, go figure.  Still do electronics as a hobby, a lot more now that test gear doesn't cost as much as a family car.

Offline miguelvp

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1860 on: January 15, 2016, 05:18:50 pm »
Hi Trevor,

Nice nick, amazing no one has taken Z80 before.

That chip probably got a ton of people started with hobby electronics more so than the 6502 (ducks).

Offline crazyjim30

• Contributor
« Reply #1861 on: January 19, 2016, 01:30:50 am »
My name is Jim. I'm a few months into what I hope will be a BS in EET/Mechatronics. As I progress through the curriculum, I hope to use this forum as a learning resource. Oh, right. Before I forget, I'm from Virginia, USA.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Online Vgkid

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1862 on: January 20, 2016, 04:11:06 am »
Howdy Jim, where in VA are you?
If you own any North Hills Electronics gear, message me. L&N Fan

Offline asisensei

« Reply #1863 on: January 21, 2016, 07:46:26 am »
Hi All,
I have been interested in electronics for decades. No real training, but I pick up things quickly. In the late 70's and early 80's I was riding the audiophile wave, owning the top of the line Sansui first, then went to Adcom and then NAD. I worked on the side installing stereo's in cars and home units. this was when I was single in the air force and had some disposable income. I hung out in the back of the shop with the electronics tech and he taught me how to solder. I had a big break in electronics and am getting back into it as I continue to have vintage audio equipment and my daughter has the bug for the same. I would like to keep this older equipment working and learn more about electronics. I have been watching the eevblog video's and am soaking up the information. I also am interested in building some stereo equipment so I'm hoping to learn a alot from the forum. I'm in my last semester of nurse practitioner school and would like to learn to repair older equipment to keep it running and to have a relief valve from medicine.

Offline lg11

« Reply #1864 on: January 22, 2016, 10:55:02 pm »
Hi
More commonly known as littleghost on most forums, but often shortend to LG or LG.

I am now 15 but been into electronics since I was 10 or 11, member of other forums but kind of got sick and tired of the drama and politics etc etc ad naseum. For all spelling and gramma police kindly note I do my best but I am dyslexic and a bit thick lol.

Mainly into over ambitious projects and a big big fan of pointless feature creep, I think I have a pretty cool lab and over time built it up by buying crap and getting it working (sometimes not!).

I used to have a spotless highly organized lab and was very proud of it, its a complete tip now so might post pics when I grow out of my current tramp stage :D.

not much else to say really..............I do have a very very dry sense of humour and some people think I am being 'off' 99 times out of 100 its my humour and the one time it isnt I tell you anyway lol, oh did I mention I was opinionated? Gobby? 15? bit lunatic?

Anyway looks like a cool place and no drama YAY................been watching daves vids from day one, like them all except the one he destroyed the lecroy scope and refused to repair it as it was old etc etc!!! I have a lecroy scope just like that and its my pride and joy! Dave you hurt my feelings with that vid!

Love the new toys but also really like very old equipment and most of mine is boat anchors, each lovingly restored where possible.

Not huge fan of Arduino but starting to like them, more a pic person or better yet silicon labs Gecko range, just got a R PI despite vowing never to own one! Not used it much yet as its for a huge school project.

Widely regarded as a true idiot savant thats missing the savant bit.

I hate waffle and those that waffle on in a pointless manner spouting nonsense when they have nothing to say..............on that note Hi to all and I expect some of you will know me from elsewhere.

Hope to stay around for a while once Dave says sorry for the lecroy :D

Offline k.valentino

• Contributor
« Reply #1865 on: January 23, 2016, 12:17:09 pm »
Hi  :) , my name is Valentino, I´m from Spain. Work experience is in computers repair, laptops, phone, Tablets, automotive electronic modules, etc.... Thanks for to have admit me here!

Offline synth-dude

• Contributor
« Reply #1866 on: January 24, 2016, 03:45:27 pm »
Hi all,

I found fellow aussie Dave Jones a few months ago and finally got around to creating an account.  Great video blog and forum, truly wonderful, a real treasure trove of hard to find information, thanks.

I don't work in electronics but I build home-made synthesizers (from scratch, not kits) and so always keen to learn more about electronics.

Synth-Dude

Offline Philfreeze

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1867 on: January 26, 2016, 09:02:51 am »
Hi, my name is Philippe
Specs:
- 19 years old
- Lives in Switzerland
- Currently in the last year of his apprenticeship as electronic desinger/enginner (or something similar; Elektroniker in german)
- Is planing to do a bachelor and master at ETH Zurich (Switzerland)
- Likes space stuff
- Wants to work for SpaceX, blue origin, ESA etc.
- Not very social (a bit introverted)

Offline Rémi

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1868 on: January 26, 2016, 07:02:28 pm »
Hello, my name is Rémi. I'm 27 years old and I come from Switzerland. I have a bachelor degree in electronic engineering.
I was reading the forum since a while and decided that it was to time to sign up. My interests are mainly in analog design and microcontroller.

Offline uncle_bob

• Supporter
« Reply #1869 on: January 27, 2016, 06:27:02 pm »
Hi

Normal introduction stuff.

Been a Ham since I was a kid. Worked in the electronics business as a EE since I got out of college. Spent time doing just about everything from bench work through running the company. Hopefully I'll make it to retirement in a couple of years. These days I seem to spend more time writing firmware than doing RF work. As long as they keep paying me, I'll do what they ask...

Bob

Offline parker92

« Reply #1870 on: January 27, 2016, 10:15:01 pm »
Hi, I'm Adam. I'm a mechanical engineer and found the EEVBlog youtube videos a year or so ago when I decided to expand my hobbies into working with some electronics. I have a few projects in the works: a guitar pickup winder, home theater speakers and crossovers to name a few.  I've been reading the forums off and on and finally decided to join. Definitely excited to learn more!

Offline M15H

« Reply #1871 on: January 28, 2016, 08:00:25 am »
Hi,

My name is Jason.  I have an electrical and computer engineering degree but have been working out of the industry since college.  It's been nearly a decade now and I'm looking to start building my skills back up and work my way back to the EE world.

-Jason.

Offline Nerdlord

« Reply #1872 on: January 28, 2016, 06:40:08 pm »
Hello everybody,

I'm about a year and a half away from graduating with a BS in computer science. I took a basic intro to EECE class about a year ago and I've been hooked ever since. Unfortunately, it was too late in my schooling to change majors to EECE but luckily my university offers an EECE concentration in the CMPS field. I'm stilling a total beginner but I finally got around to ordering some half decent lab gear and figured it was time to get an account on here so I can join in instead of just lurking as a guest.

Offline jsantoro

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #1873 on: January 29, 2016, 04:21:18 am »
Hi All,

New to this forum. I'm a semi retired IT/Software/HW engineer. My electronic interest goes way
back to my younger boys days building radios and Heathkits. I will soon have some time on my hand and will be getting back into electronics on a frequent basis. Currently modernizing my test equipment. Projects and interest are fuel injection controllers (cars are also a passion) and tube amplifiers.
Regards,
Jim

Offline Xplode

• Contributor
« Reply #1874 on: January 29, 2016, 05:01:57 am »
Hey everyone.   My name is Russ and I'm a hobbyist/enthusiast who has enjoyed dabbling in the electronics game since High School.
I've installed DIY Car Fuel Injection Systems, Built my own Ambilight System, and messed around with everyone's favorite hate-child, the Arduino.
I'm a ticketed Electrician by day, and a Pyrotechnician by night so I'm looking forward to attempting to build things like wireless fireworks systems, or my own VFD (very tiny scale of course).  I've got a long way to go, but the journey looks exciting! (I've definitely subscribed to the "Take it apart and apologize" philosophy since I was a kid)

I don't have a ton of formal training, but love learning so I'm looking forward to adding to the hours of reading I've already done in the forum.
Just bought myself a cheap benchtop power supply (Its a Korad... I know... but they're so cheap! seems good to start with)  and now I'm looking for a good scope.   Seems like everyone of late loves the DS1054Z so I'm considering picking one up to let me finally stop guessing why my devices don't seem to be talking to each other... I mean are they or aren't they?  Maybe they are and its a interpreter problem? I just can't tell!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf